Bands Keith Richards hates .

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Bands Keith Richards hates .

Post by Clacton White »

Apparently listed Led Zeppelin , Oasis , Prince , Bowie , Elton John's and Metallica as his six most hated bands . What are people oh here's hated bands
Mine I guess UB40 , Anything Annie Lennox involved in , Dexy's , Olly Murs ,any rap noise , UB40 ( there are 2 of them , brothers fell out and decided both would destroy other people's songs ) .
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Bands Keith Richards hates .

Post by The Subhuman »

Richard probably not good enough to play the Metallica/Zeppelin stuff. Anyone that hates Bowie is just saying that for shock value and loses a s**t load of respect. My guess this is taken out of context somehow, either that or way too much cocaine

For me, The Smiths (but love Jonny Marr) Oasis, Stone Roses, Boy Bands, Ed Sheeran,

Love most rap, and Dexy's are great if you ignore the Too-Rye-Ay era, ..."For god sake Burn it Down"
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

Read the Pete Townshend six the other day, as Faaip says probably done for effect, his included, Zeppelin, The Beatles and THE WHO.

Mine are Oasis, anything Marc Almond, lots of bands I'm not keen on but they're the 2 as soon as something of theirs came on the radio, I'd turn it off.
hector

Post by hector »

Where do I start??

apart from Bowie probably everything '64 likes :mrgreen:

To be more specific
Springsteen, clapton, Smiths, Nick Cave, and most things since 1979
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

There is music I don't listen to, but I don't hate anything in particular. Its entertainment at the end of the day ,folks go over the top about it's meaning and bollocks, its about the dollars in the majority of cases.

Hope my lad gets into it with his guitar tuition, what a fabulous way to make a living
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:26 am Where do I start??

apart from Bowie probably everything '64 likes :mrgreen:

To be more specific
Springsteen, clapton, Smiths, Nick Cave, and most things since 1979
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Delines & Band Of Horses my dear Hector??
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

faaip wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:15 am Richard probably not good enough to play the Metallica/Zeppelin stuff. Anyone that hates Bowie is just saying that for shock value and loses a s**t load of respect. My guess this is taken out of context somehow, either that or way too much cocaine

For me, The Smiths (but love Jonny Marr) Oasis, Stone Roses, Boy Bands, Ed Sheeran,

Love most rap, and Dexy's are great if you ignore the Too-Rye-Ay era, ..."For god sake Burn it Down"
I lived opposite Kevin Rowland (Dexy's singer for those that don't know ) back in early 80's . I'd also seen him jump the queue at a Clash concert in '79 , much to the annoyance of the punk audience .A very arrogant person IMO , by then he had left his punk roots behind and forgotten ( Killjoys ). Funny thing is two bands I loathe on my list are Brummie bands and I am a native Brummie , now uprooted down south . Good call on Ed Sheeran , how I wished they killed his character on Game of Thrones .
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Anyone that hates Prince, does not know anything about how to make music, when I say make music, create it, everyone can play music, but only a few can make it.........
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Velotrax wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:03 pm Anyone that hates Prince, does not know anything about how to make music, when I say make music, create it, everyone can play music, but only a few can make it.........
Can't stand the Rolling Stones! 😂, disagree totally about the Stone Roses, you just have to 'get them' particularly during that period. Bowie and Prince two massive pioneers of their generation and beyond. I Couldn't stand most of the 80's New Romantic stuff and Glam Rock, and also the over-hyped American glam metal bands, such as Kiss, Motley Crue and the rest of that shite.

Give me Hendrix, Joy Div, Pixies, Floyd, Robert Johnson and the coolest band that ever existed - The Velvet Underground.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

I like a pretty wide range of stuff, as they say from Abba - ZZTop. However, the one genre that I have never taken to at all is Jazz.........just don’t like it.

Others I’m not keen on would be the likes of the wailing PJ Harvey, Nick Cave, Morissey types ((l’m with Hector on those)
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

I hate Led Zeppelin, too. The single most over-rated band of all time. Their entire catalog includes about an album and a half of excellent material, and the rest is dreck. Saw them live once and they were pathetic. Page was sloppy beyond belief. He made Jerry Garcia look like Yngwie Malmsteen.**

The Doors are another I can't abide, as are Journey, Rush, and Lynyrd Skynyrd, all of whom are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Loverboy holds a special place among bands I can't stand, not because they were ever important enough to deserve anyone's scorn, but because I was forced to sit through one of their performances when they opened for the Who. An hour of my life I will never get back.

** One night at the restaurant I used to manage I saw Yngwie Malmsteen's tour bus pull in about half an hour before closing. Someone - his manager, I guess - got off, ran in, and asked if we could accommodate fifteen or sixteen people. I said of course we could and he replied, "Great! Because the greatest guitarist in the world is on that bus!"

So I said, "Really? Richard Thompson is coming in?"

Yngwie is amazing, by the way, and both he and his group were incredibly nice. He signed a menu for us which was framed and mounted in a prominent place.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:42 pm I hate Led Zeppelin, too. The single most over-rated band of all time. Their entire catalog includes about an album and a half of excellent material, and the rest is dreck. Saw them live once and they were pathetic. Page was sloppy beyond belief. He made Jerry Garcia look like Yngwie Malmsteen.**

The Doors are another I can't abide, as are Journey, Rush, and Lynyrd Skynyrd, all of whom are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Loverboy holds a special place among bands I can't stand, not because they were ever important enough to deserve anyone's scorn, but because I was forced to sit through one of their performances when they opened for the Who. An hour of my life I will never get back.

** One night at the restaurant I used to manage I saw Yngwie Malmsteen's tour bus pull in about half an hour before closing. Someone - his manager, I guess - got off, ran in, and asked if we could accommodate fifteen or sixteen people. I said of course we could and he replied, "Great! Because the greatest guitarist in the world is on that bus!"

Yngwie is amazing, by the way, and both he and his group were incredibly nice. He signed a menu for us which was framed and mounted in a prominent place.
:tup:
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

I guess we all have different tastes in music, that what makes it so unique, but to say you hate a particular band is just wrong, my ex said she hated Prince, but loved Sinaed O'Connor and The Bangles...erm both got no 1 with Prince songs
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:56 am There is music I don't listen to, but I don't hate anything in particular. Its entertainment at the end of the day ,folks go over the top about it's meaning and bollocks, its about the dollars in the majority of cases.

Hope my lad gets into it with his guitar tuition, what a fabulous way to make a living
Philosophical MJ
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:42 pm I hate Led Zeppelin, too. The single most over-rated band of all time. Their entire catalog includes about an album and a half of excellent material, and the rest is dreck. Saw them live once and they were pathetic. Page was sloppy beyond belief. He made Jerry Garcia look like Yngwie Malmsteen.**

:tup:
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:56 am There is music I don't listen to, but I don't hate anything in particular. Its entertainment at the end of the day ,folks go over the top about it's meaning and bollocks, its about the dollars in the majority of cases.

Spot on mate
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:35 pm I like a pretty wide range of stuff, as they say from Abba - ZZTop. However, the one genre that I have never taken to at all is Jazz.........just don’t like it.

Others I’m not keen on would be the likes of the wailingPJ Harvey, Nick Cave, Morrissey types ((l’m with Hector on those)
Love their wailing :love:

Here are another two you'll all hate....Robert Wyatt & Antony & the Johnsons

Oh & just about every soul artist on this planet 8-)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No I think it's fine to use the word dislike or hate, dislike would be a better word. I worked with a guy who'd throw the radio out the window if Michael Jackson came on if you couldn't get there first. I was late on one occasion and he forgot we were 5 floors up...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:33 pm Love their wailing :love:

Here are another two you'll all hate....Robert Wyatt & Antony & the Johnsons

Oh & just about every soul artist on this planet 8-)
Not at all, in respect of the soul artists 64

But you’re right with Wyatt and AatJ’s :)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Probably would be Oasis, Blur, Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Pink Floyd.