Player Ratings v Arsenal (h)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Ratings Player Ratings v Arsenal (h)

Post by 1964white »

Meslier
Ayling
Koch
Cooper
Alioski
Phillips
Dallas
Raphinha
Klich
Harrison
Bamford
subs
Poveda
Rodrigo
Leeds1000
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Player Ratings v Arsenal (h)

Post by Leeds1000 »

Meslier 8: Great save towards the end to keep it at nil. Distribution excellent throughout, even first half. Lovely sweeper keeper intervention aswell first half.

Ayling 5: Come back the real Bill. Too many loose passes and got skinned down his side too many times. He's not doing the basics well at the minute.

Koch 7: Steady enough but a couple of loose passes and please give up with the over the top glory balls will ya. Did carry the ball into space when everyone else just wanted the slow play.

Cooper 8: Other than his 2 needless fouls at the end i thought he put in a real captains performance.

Dallas 8: Dallas's best game in that position for me. Always making intelligent runs in behind should have scored one and hit the target with a couple more. I would have left him in midfield.

Phillips 8: Much more balanced with KP in there he gives us more aggression. Along with the back 4 he does need to move the ball forward faster especially when we play 10 men. Should he have been pulled? I guess we will find out.

Klich 6: Some nice link up play at times but this was a game made for Klich and i thought he was quite overall by his standards. Tired?

Raphinha 6: First 10 minutes i'm thinking here we go. I can see the potential i would prefer him as a 10 type role but we know MB loves his wingers.

Harrison 7: Good first half from Jack, worked well with Alio down the left but became less effective as the game wore on.

Alioski 7: Suspect defensively at time but i do like the way Ali drives forward with the ball. We do slow our play down too much at the back for me.

Bamford 6: I always find it hard to rate Bamford cos he does work hard with little service. I just expect him to be more involved. 9 times out of 10 the header goes in and he gets top mark. Its all about goals for our striker.

Rodrigo 7: I don't know why MB didn't start with him?
Poveda
radebe88
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by radebe88 »

Meslier - 8 - not much to do but excellent against Saka
Ayling - 6 - one of his poorer games but not a disaster
Koch - 7 - got the better of Arsenals attackers but not great on the ball playing forward.
Cooper - 8 - some important tackles. Did really well
Alioski - 9 - excellent game and shithousery
Phillips - 8 - broke up things at vital times
Dallas - 7 - decent all round and good second attempt on goal
Raphinha - 7 - nice first half, missing slightly in second.
Klich - 7 - box to box as always end product missing
Harrison - 7 - did well both end of the pitch just didn’t get behind enough
Bamford - 8 - lead the line well and probably did what he could with the half chances
subs
Poveda - 7 - looked tricky, ideal player for tight games when space is limited
Rodrigo -8- might have been a match winner if on from the start. Again looked a real player
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Meslier - 7 - One great save but Arsenal didn't really loo like testing him
Ayling - 6 -
Koch - 7 - Good in defence but some really poor choices coming forward, not even close.
Cooper - 7 - Couple of good interceptions, one stupid foul given away
Alio - 8 - Very good all over the pitch, great link up work with Jack for 60 minutes
Phillips - 8 - Typical Kalvin performance and we've missed that. His shooting and deadball delivery was lacking though
Dallas - 7 - Decent
Raphinha - 9 - Started well, tailed off a bit but for me was the player of the second half with some sublime touch passing.
Klich - 8 - One bad miss but some wonderful runs and played the box to box guy very well, like Raphinha some lovely touch passing in and around the box.
Harrison - 7 - Best player on the pitch first half, unlucky not to have a couple of assists again, all he can do is his part of the job though. Tailed off second half as we focused down their left and centre more
Bamford -

Poveda - 6 - Did ok but needs to get his head up, probably needs a run in the first team
Rodrigo - 8 - Excellent, MOTM if he plays all 90
Rod Stewart and Ron Wood look like somebody ordered the same rock star in two different colours.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

Meslier...7.5
Not a lot to do today, but when needed he came up trumps...
Ayling...7.5
As alway leaves everything on the field, still worries me that he gets so easily turned inside out at the back.
Koch...7 Proving his reliability in D, still got to find his touch playing the ball forward.
Cooper...6.5
Defensivley played well today, was lucky getting away with his foul.
Alioski...8 (MotM) played his heart out today, think the new contract has helped to settle him down energy to burn today.
Phillips7...7
Good to have him back, little slow today , but to be expected.
Dallas...6
Not one of his better days.
Raphinha...7 Felt he was trying to hard in the first half, looking forward to seeing him settle and become regular starter.
Klich...8
Mr. steady eddy what can you say.
Harrison...6
As each week passes I am losing faith in young Jack...he continues to run well, but absolutely no end product.
Bamford...8
Continues to give all.
subs
Poveda...6 going to be an exciting player.
Rodrigo...8 Should have started a full 90 like that 45 MotM no question.
Side before self & MOT
andrewjohnsmith
First Team
First Team

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Meslier 7.5 - Didn't put a foot wrong. Made a couple of decent saves and one excellent one. Distribution was on cue.

Ayling 7 - Kind of an easy game for him surprisingly. Didnt have to defend much. Part of a lot of what we did going forward

Koch 8 - Pure class as usual. Not a hair out of place. Cleaned up everything well and was proactive going forward

Cooper 7 - Solid game, one really good block

Alioski 8 - great again at LB. Very lively and judged everything really well, making it look easy at the back. Some great link up with Harrison in first half. Final ball could have been better.

Phillips 8 - Composed at the back, helped us keep the defensive shape we've been missing. Busy in transition and put in some top class passes

Dallas 7 - Thought he looked really good in midfield which helped us dominate the game. Shooting was badly off cue

Raphinha 7 - A fairly quiet game with a handful of brilliant moments. It will be interesting to see if he has the work rate to track back like Costa does but loss top class at times

Klich 7.5 - Much like Dallas but even busier, albeit with a worse day in front of goal

Harrison 8 - Best player in the 1st half, created a lot down the left and great skill and passing at times. Quietened in the 2nd half (surprised Bielsa didn't move him to LB when we were a man up)

Bamford 6 - Couple of good chances but didn't do much wrong. Was quiet for the most part but still put in a good shift

subs
Poveda 7 - seems to be growing in confidence. Always looking to beat his man (and usually does)
Rodrigo 7.5 - ANother class display and really unluck not to score. Assuming he was only on bench because of stamina following covid. Really looking forward to him and Raphinha starting together
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Meslier 8
Had Saka scored with that sucker punch at the end I'd have been finding a bridge to jump off :lol: well done young man

Ayling 5
Where has my Luke here, there &everywhere gone :(

Koch 7
Robin is certainly not a Ben White on the ground, a steady performance

Cooper 6
Three needless fouls given away in dangerous areas, I do wonder what goes on in Coops head at times, he is from Hull though!

Alioski 8
Our blonde bombshell never stops running, the 80 yard dash from the back that almost created an early goal :) his final ball wasn't great though

Phillips 8
Glad to have KP back, gave us the composure required in middle of the park

Dallas 7
Produced a great save from Leno that was destined for the top corner, our only effort on target. Involved in one great move with Klich. Still prefer Stuart in a wing-back position

Raphinha 7
Showed some real quality touches/passes.

Klich 7
Worked tirelessly & involved in some wonderful moves, shame about his shooting

Harrison 6
The usual workload from Jack without the end product

Bamford 7
Unlucky on a couple of occasions to increase his PL goal total

Poveda 6
A talent in the making, needs to look up a bit more

Rodrigo 7
Looked lively & has the quality to shoot from distance. Should be starting
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Meslier - 8 - Was in complete command and came up big when we needed him.
Ayling - 6.5 - Got spun around so many times he looked like a Dervish :)
Koch - 7.5 - Solid, unspectacular performance. Didn't leave much for Meslier to do.
Cooper - 8 - Conceded a couple of free kicks in dangerous spots, but otherwise excellent.
Alioski - 9 - I'm glad I don't have to play against him. He's like a swarm of gnats all by himself. Omnipresent and extremely annoying.
Phillips - 8 - Very glad to have him back. Plugged a big hole in the middle of the pitch.
Dallas - 7.5 - Announcer said it best: We have to give him a game in goal so he can say he played everywhere. Indispensible.
Raphinha - 9 - Was everywhere. Kept Arsenal on the back foot all game long.
Klich - 7.5 - If only he could learn to get his knee over the ball......
Harrison - 7 - Solid game
Bamford - 8 - Unlucky when Leno robbed him in the first half. Very good all-around game.
subs
Poveda - 7.5 - I would hate to see him come on after running hard for 60 minutes. So much pace and skill.
Rodrigo -8 - This guy is the real deal. Can't wait to see him, Pablo, and Raphinha together
1964white

Post by 1964white »

More ratings please folks
Ron Swanson
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Ron Swanson »

Meslier - 7

Made one excellent save, otherwise not tested much

Ayling - 6

Not one of his better games, passing was frequently inaccurate

Koch - 7

Much better tonight, I still think he wants to play too much football in our half though

Cooper - 7

Glimpses of why he’s the most improved player at the club, a couple of ‘League One Liam’ too

Alioski - 8

Solid at the back and was energetic in attack too

Phillips - 8

He’s been missed terribly the last few games

Dallas - 7

Worked hard as always, a bit ponderous in possession though

Klich - 7

Good game for him, aside from finishing. Links up really well and ghosts into spaces that defenders don’t pick up

Raphinha - 7

A bright full debut, great touches, drifted in and out though

Harrison - 7

Put in a good shift but final ball let him down

Bamford - 7

Worked hard, was unlucky with a couple of chances. Needs to work on his speed off the mark - his ‘0-60’ isn’t there

Subs

Rodrigo - 8

The best player on the pitch. We’ll see big things from him

Poveda - 7

Duracell bunny as we’ve come to expect

All in all, a solid showing, a game that we should have won, but I’ll take that after chucking the game away against Leicester and the bad defeat at Palace.

Fine margins - we look a lot better when we play football in middle and final thirds, and keep it simple at the back.

I’d like to see us get the ball forward a bit quicker to stretch teams in their own half. And also try and be less worse on corners.

It won’t be long before managers are instructing their players to give away corners, as a means of defending.
Chilli D
First Team
First Team

Post by Chilli D »

Meslier 7
Ayling 5
Koch 7
Cooper 6
Alioski 8.5
Raphinha 8.5
Klich 7.5
Phillips 7.5
Harrison 7
Dallas 7.5
Bamford 6

Rodrigo 7.5
Poveda 6.5
Chilli D
First Team
First Team

Post by Chilli D »

Ron Swanson wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:09 am Meslier - 7

Made one excellent save, otherwise not tested much

Ayling - 6

Not one of his better games, passing was frequently inaccurate

Koch - 7

Much better tonight, I still think he wants to play too much football in our half though

Cooper - 7

Glimpses of why he’s the most improved player at the club, a couple of ‘League One Liam’ too

Alioski - 8

Solid at the back and was energetic in attack too

Phillips - 8

He’s been missed terribly the last few games

Dallas - 7

Worked hard as always, a bit ponderous in possession though

Klich - 7

Good game for him, aside from finishing. Links up really well and ghosts into spaces that defenders don’t pick up

Raphinha - 7

A bright full debut, great touches, drifted in and out though

Harrison - 7

Put in a good shift but final ball let him down

Bamford - 7

Worked hard, was unlucky with a couple of chances. Needs to work on his speed off the mark - his ‘0-60’ isn’t there

Subs

Rodrigo - 8

The best player on the pitch. We’ll see big things from him

Poveda - 7

Duracell bunny as we’ve come to expect

All in all, a solid showing, a game that we should have won, but I’ll take that after chucking the game away against Leicester and the bad defeat at Palace.

Fine margins - we look a lot better when we play football in middle and final thirds, and keep it simple at the back.

I’d like to see us get the ball forward a bit quicker to stretch teams in their own half. And also try and be less worse on corners.

It won’t be long before managers are instructing their players to give away corners, as a means of defending.
Thankfully their corners were just as bad.
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

Meslier 8
Ayling 6
Koch 7
Cooper 7
Alioski 8
Raphinha 7.5
Klich 8
Phillips 8.5
Harrison 7
Dallas 7.5
Bamford 6.5

Rodrigo 7.5
Poveda 6.5
Kitchen appliance
Lumiukko
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Meslier 8 - Great performance. Good distribution, concentration, and the save from Sako was outstanding. Watching it back, he goes down to force Sako to take another touch wide to shoot, but still has enough spring to pop up and leap another body length to make the save. Remarkable, and reminded me almost of a double movement in rugby.

Ayling 6 - Got turned inside out at times, or left behind by the speed of Arsenal's left. No coincidence Arsenal's best two moments came from his side of the pitch. Wondering if we should start looking to find a new pacy RB and develop Ayling into another CB where he has looked very good before.

Koch 7 - Very steady, and a clean sheet should do his confidence good after shipping a lot of goals in the last 3 games for club and country. Brought the ball out well at times, but played too many wayward glory balls, especially near the end where we were chasing the win.

Cooper 7 - A steady game from Liam too, but had me sh1tting buckets with the fouls toward the end of the game.

Alioski 9 - All the descriptions I've read like Tasmanian Devil, Duracell Bunny, etc are all bang on the mark. Runs and runs, rubs up the opposite players, and is massively integral to the team spirit at ER. Gets on with things when benched, puts in 100% when called upon and so happy he got a new contract. Was one of the few on the pitch who broke forward with speed in the transition and we need more than that.

Raphinha 7.5 - Drifted in and out of the game but at times looked a worldie. Such quick feet and thinking and believe he is still getting up to speed. Worries the socks off defenders.

Klich 6.5 - Not the best performance from Klich, or at least to what we're accustomed to. Still was magnificent aside from a couple of wayward passes and shots, but I hold him in such high regard that this performance was below par for me. Still the first name on the teamsheet for me.

Phillips 7 - A bit slow on moving the ball forward, but his influence in protecting the back line and steadying the ship to allow Klich to do his job was integral to a much improved defensive performance. Hoping the injury isn't serious.

Harrison 7 - Excellent first half but faded in the second and looked to have an injury niggle. One moment in the first half he took a very long cross field pass down on his foot that was outrageous control. Really want Jack to do well but with the end product missing at times, I'm slowly seeing him look like he may not make it as an attacking winger. I think Jack still has a very bright future but in an attacking LB or left wingback role (like Robertson at Liverpool), where I thnk his good defensive work will see him excel.

Dallas 7 - Mr versatile. By no means his best game, but did a lot of unseen work steadying the midfield down and that cannot be underestimated after our last two games. Unlucky with one shot that Leno did well to save, and another where all he had to do was hit the target to score.

Bamford 6.5 - Thought Bamford worked hard and chased a lot down. Had limited chances but made the most of what he could. Looked a bit better in the air with one header off the post, and another missed header where he was a gnats whisker from making contact but did everything right. Spent a lot of time being marshalled which gave other players some space, a lot like Kane does for Spurs.

Rodrigo 8 - Fantastic cameo and echo others in that we would have won that game had he played the full 90. Just settling down to watch him in the U23s to see how he does there with his fitness.

Poveda 6.5 -Lots of trickery and energy, needs more awareness of other's positions to have a better pass completion, which I think will come with more experience. Case in point, on one burst forward, there was something like a 3 on 2 and he played a poor pass forward and right easily cut out by the defender. There was plenty of space to make the pass but he didn't properly look up.