Everton v Leeds Utd Match Thread - An open game in the early stages at Goodison Park

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Everton v Leeds Utd Match Thread - An open game in the early stages at Goodison Park

Post by Fridge »

We are Premier League
SG90
Manager
Manager

Re: Everton v Leeds Utd Match Thread - An open game in the early stages at Goodison Park

Post by SG90 »

Fridge wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:29 pm
Lol. Isn't he an Everton fan anyway?
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:02 pm Observation.....
We won today, but how many were calling for Bielsa to change things before we scored?
Me, and that doesn't mean I'm wrong nor others who said Rodrigo must start.
Honey dipped flim flam
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

So if Dallas is a must start and Alio possibly the best defender over the last two games, where does Rodrigo get in...You can't start 12 players

Madely played a lot because we rarely had our first 11 fit...but woukld he have if

Reaney
Cooper
Charlton
Hunter
Bremner
Giles
Gray
Lorimer
Jones
Clarke

are all fit week in week out...
Honey dipped flim flam
danhirons
First Team
First Team

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:37 pm So if Dallas is a must start and Alio possibly the best defender over the last two games, where does Rodrigo get in...You can't start 12 players

Madely played a lot because we rarely had our first 11 fit...but woukld he have if

Reaney
Cooper
Charlton
Hunter
Bremner
Giles
Gray
Lorimer
Jones
Clarke

agree

think it will take a poor performance or two from alio (or possibly dallas?) to let rodrigo back in the starting 11, the rest seem pretty much nailed on starters
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

faaip wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:37 pm So if Dallas is a must start and Alio possibly the best defender over the last two games, where does Rodrigo get in...You can't start 12 players

Reaney
Cooper
Charlton
Hunter
Bremner
Giles
Gray
Lorimer
Jones
Clarke

Great problem to have.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Meslier
Ayling
Alioski
Koch
Cooper/Llorente
Phillips
Klich
Raphinha/Costa
Harrison
Dallas/Rodrigo/Hernandez
Bamford

Should all be starting
Honey dipped flim flam
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

SG90 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:34 pm Lol. Isn't he an Everton fan anyway?
Liverpool
We are Premier League
Leeds1000
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Leeds1000 »

I think Rodrigo comes on for Bamford next time. I'm itching to see him play up top. It may not work but i won't rest until i see it with my own eyes. :)
CHAPELALLMAN
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Reaney
Cooper
Charlton
Hunter
Bremner
Giles
Gray
Lorimer
Jones
Clarke

Rodrigo can also play as a right winger, and Raphina can play as a left winger. Given that we often fail to get a final product from both Costa and Harrison, it would be interesting to try a new combination of wingers. I know that lots of people on here think that Harrison is a fantastic player, however to be an effective winger you need more than a great first touch and good close control. We also need the wingers to contribute with goals, and maybe Rodrigo and Raphina could provide this. Rodrigo is also supposed to provide competition for the no 9 shirt - what if Paddy has now embarked on another 10 to 12 game non-scoring run, as he has been prone to in the past ?
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:00 pm Rodrigo can also play as a right winger, and Raphina can play as a left winger. Given that we often fail to get a final product from both Costa and Harrison, it would be interesting to try a new combination of wingers. I know that lots of people on here think that Harrison is a fantastic player, however to be an effective winger you need more than a great first touch and good close control. We also need the wingers to contribute with goals, and maybe Rodrigo and Raphina could provide this. Rodrigo is also supposed to provide competition for the no 9 shirt - what if Paddy has now embarked on another 10 to 12 game non-scoring run, as he has been prone to in the past ?
What if Chelsea get Messi as is rumoured...should we just give the trophy to Chelski now?

Eddy Gray used to average 4 /5 goals a season... did he not contribute enough?

Paddy has had 2 disallowed lasyt couple of games...1 every one and his dog says never should have been declined , and the other he wasn't the one off side...

Just saying...
Side before self & MOT
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:00 pm Rodrigo can also play as a right winger, and Raphina can play as a left winger. Given that we often fail to get a final product from both Costa and Harrison, it would be interesting to try a new combination of wingers. I know that lots of people on here think that Harrison is a fantastic player, however to be an effective winger you need more than a great first touch and good close control. We also need the wingers to contribute with goals, and maybe Rodrigo and Raphina could provide this. Rodrigo is also supposed to provide competition for the no 9 shirt - what if Paddy has now embarked on another 10 to 12 game non-scoring run, as he has been prone to in the past ?
Costa - Klich - Harrison

Not one goal between them in eight games

You hear of strikers having a goal drought but not the bulk of a teams midfield
Scoobychief
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Scoobychief »

Rodrigo was on the wings at valencia and he was useless there, he is a striker and needs to be in the box.
DavidH
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DavidH »

"Paddy has had 2 disallowed last couple of games...1 everyone and his dog says never should have been declined , and the other he wasn't the one off side..."

and the one against Everton was a cool, quick thinking stiker's finish.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

DavidH wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:32 am "Paddy has had 2 disallowed last couple of games...1 everyone and his dog says never should have been declined , and the other he wasn't the one off side..."

and the one against Everton was a cool, quick thinking stiker's finish.
Paddy is not the main problem, god knows where we'd be without him this season.

Klich needs to put his bootlaces through the ball
Jack needs to aim for the space beween the sticks
Costa needs to be a bit more clever
Alioski, Dallas, Phillips need to keep their body shape straighter rather than hit them high & wide
Koch, Cooper & Ayling need to win the ball in the air more often at corners & head on target

All of them are culpable for missing far too many chances!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:17 pm Me, and that doesn't mean I'm wrong nor others who said Rodrigo must start.
Me too. I was hoping for Rodrigo to come on at half time.
CHAPELALLMAN
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:30 pm Costa - Klich - Harrison

Not one goal between them in eight games

You hear of strikers having a goal drought but not the bulk of a teams midfield
Exactly.
CHAPELALLMAN
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:26 am Paddy is not the main problem, god knows where we'd be without him this season.

Klich needs to put his bootlaces through the ball
Jack needs to aim for the space beween the sticks
Costa needs to be a bit more clever
Alioski, Dallas, Phillips need to keep their body shape straighter rather than hit them high & wide
Koch, Cooper & Ayling need to win the ball in the air more often at corners & head on target

All of them are culpable for missing far too many chances!
I agree. Paddy has vastly improved this season so far in terms of his finishing, though if he is having a poor game I would like to see Rodrigo brought on instead. Surely coaching can help improve the finishing of the players you have mentioned ? Harrison seems to aim for the sticks....
CHAPELALLMAN
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:12 pm What if Chelsea get Messi as is rumoured...should we just give the trophy to Chelski now?

Eddy Gray used to average 4 /5 goals a season... did he not contribute enough?

Paddy has had 2 disallowed lasyt couple of games...1 every one and his dog says never should have been declined , and the other he wasn't the one off side...

Just saying...
Eddy was injured most of the time...