The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 27th November) Leeds without trio for trip to Goodison Park

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 27th November) Leeds without trio for trip to Goodison Park

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 27th November, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Trio missing for trip to Goodison

Hernandez (muscular), Llorente ( and Shackleton (quad) have all been rules out of playing against Everton tomorrow teatime due to respective injuries. The news came from Bielsa when giving his pre-match press conference yesterday from Elland Road.

We can expect to see a similar starting XI that were unlucky not to take all three points against the Gunners last weekend. Bielsa will have to decide whether to start the game with Rodrigo, or bring him on as an impact sub. Personally, I feel he did enough to secure a starting slot against the Toffee's. Costa will be in contention for a recall having scored a wonder goal for the U23's midweek, as they came from behind to beat West Brom 2-1 at Thorp Arch. Will Bielsa give Raphinho his second start of the season, or revert back to Costa?

Meanwhile, Everton will be without highly influential full-back Lucas Digne. The 27yo picked up an inkle injury midweek in training, ruling himself out for two months.

Bielsa's pre-match Press conference

Bielsa - Tier 3 clubs are being penalised

Marcelo Bielsa has criticised the Governments handling of the regionalised tiered return of football fans! The veteran Manager believes the move to allow clubs in tiers one and two to let in a limited number of supporters will 'penalise' clubs in the highest tier like Leeds. Bielsa said...

It shouldn't be about the category, or the consequences of being in a category, it should be about trying to maintain the competition as equal as possible with things that are controllable. The presence of fans has an effect on the results.
What the organisation says is people who are from places where there's a higher risk of infection, it means they will be penalised.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 27th November) Leeds without trio for trip to Goodison Park

Post by 1964white »

Good morning Matt

Posted that tier map up earlier in the week

I resigned myself from day one of the new season that we wouldn't be able attend Leeds matches in 2020/21.

Unfortunately due to our government, society behaviour & the nature of this horrible virus it's a sacrifice I accepted long ago.

One consolation, at least I won't have to payout for a season-ticket come February :-D
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 27th November) Leeds without trio for trip to Goodison Park

Post by Irish Ian »

Thanks for the pic of Llorente.

Forgot what he looked like.

Morning Folks,

Allowing fans into grounds is just a recipe to push up the infection rates.
Sorry to say it but I've written this season off game wise.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB et all

Thankfully our squad is strong enough (in certain positions) that we can loose a couple of players without too much upset to the first team squad. Hoping that Big Rod and Raphinha play from the start as the Toffees are a good team this season so we need to be on our A game from the off, the defence must be concentrating 100% as their front line is on fire.

Like others I’d accepted not seeing many or any games at the stadium this season but imagine the reception at Elland Road next season that’s gonna be worth at least one goal per game and our away support will scare the Prem silly next season so pretty you can guarantee us winning the league based on that alone ;-) :shhh:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

I bet the Woolpack Wanderers v Garrison Gunners game will be a sell out this weekend.....no problem with watching them :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

We dont seem to do so bad do we, even in the Premier League, but like last season we need to complete these chances

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 11.24.14.png
Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 11.24.14.png (305.31 KiB) Viewed 2298 times
DavidH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DavidH »

I was thinking about the crowds into grounds thing, and it occurred to me that if you support a team who's fans are not allowed to attend, and your team plays against a team that is - for example WBA v Leeds, is the home team getting an added advantage by having it's fans in the ground to cheer them on? Imagine if it was the other way around. Would the fanatical support at Elland Road, be declared unfair to those who would visit without fans?
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

There'll be tiers before bedtime.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Bielsa - Tier 3 clubs are being penalised

Surprise surprise the (one of) most densley populated city's in the world London ...yet all their teams can open the gates :rant:
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:41 am
Llorente ha[s] been ruled out of playing against Everton tomorrow teatime due to respective injuries.
Llorente? Who's that?????

I hope he can play CB :)
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

DavidH wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:53 am I was thinking about the crowds into grounds thing, and it occurred to me that if you support a team who's fans are not allowed to attend, and your team plays against a team that is - for example WBA v Leeds, is the home team getting an added advantage by having it's fans in the ground to cheer them on? Imagine if it was the other way around. Would the fanatical support at Elland Road, be declared unfair to those who would visit without fans?
It’s WB mate they may as well not have a crowd there :lol: :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Shame about Pablo, Llorente and Shacks but so long as Kalvin is available we should be ok - think we missed him badly against Leicester and CP.

Once again this tier system has a north/south divide look about it and guess which part of the country is getting the rough end of the stick! As Bielsa has intimated, to be scrupulously fair, no team should be allowed to have a home crowd advantage, no matter how small, until all teams are allowed the same advantage, and I agree with him.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

The fans by Tier is utter bullshit. I'm not saying Leeds should have fans back because I do believe the virus is serious and don't think fans should be back in stadiums until its safe to do so.

I understand that the FA has taken infection rates by region as a guide to who can have fans back but it's an unfair system that wrongly punishes some clubs. If some cities can't have fans back then nobody should have fans back.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Thanks to one and all for not blaming me for the lack of fans. My first-ever game, after all, was the last before the shutdown. I'm with Bielsa on this: all clubs should have to abide by the same set of rules.

Disappointed Llorente is still unavailable. Very impatient to see him play.