Ellen (Now Elliott) Page

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Ellen (Now Elliott) Page

Post by Chilli D »

So actress formerly known as Ellen Page (star of excellent film Juno) who previously announced she was a lesbian has now announced she is transgender and is to be known as Elliott Page.
Her choice of course but this article raises some very interesting points.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.spik ... -page/amp/

Your thoughts?
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Ellen (now Elliott) Page

Post by rab_rant »

In Finland everybody has a social security number which is a unique personal identification ID the second to last number tells if you are male or female. The government is now contemplating changing this categorisation but there has been a citizens initiative to oppose its implimentation.

"Anna Suomalainen’s personal identity code is 131052-308T. The first part of it – 131052 – tells us the day, month and year of her birth, in the form ddmmyy. Thus, her date of birth is 13 October 1952.

The sign after the date of birth tells us the century in which she was born. In Anna’s case the sign is a hyphen (-) as she was born in the 1900s. Those born in the 1800s have a plus (+) and those born in the 2000s have the letter A.

The individual number, which for Anna is 308, distinguishes persons with the same date of birth from each other. Men have an odd number and women an even number. In practice, all individual numbers issued are between 002 and 899."

I wonder how Ellen/Elliot would go about changing their Personal identification number?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

Six years ago, Page came out as a lesbian. Now she’s saying she’s male.
Is He/she infering all men are lesbians?... Well I do love ladies :?
Side before self & MOT
billysboots
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by billysboots »

He/she/they play the part of a woman in The Umbrella Academy, wonder how they will handle that?
Could this affect their career?
There Is Only One United.
BobHirst
First Team
First Team

Post by BobHirst »

billysboots wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:27 pm He/she/they play the part of a woman in The Umbrella Academy, wonder how they will handle that?
Could this affect their career?
I was wondering about that. In these times when you have to be Indian to play an Indian, Chinese to play a Chinese etc then surely they will have to write him out and find a woman to play the part.
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:24 pm So actress formerly known as Ellen Page (star of excellent film Juno) who previously announced she was a lesbian has now announced she is transgender and is to be known as Elliott Page.

Your thoughts?
Good for him.
We are Premier League
SaraM
Manager
Manager

Post by SaraM »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:24 pm So actress formerly known as Ellen Page (star of excellent film Juno) who previously announced she was a lesbian has now announced she is transgender and is to be known as Elliott Page.

Your thoughts?
That article is reactionary trash. Wrong side of history. Transphobia will go the way of homophobia et al eventually, and people will wonder what all the fuss was about.
If I go insane will you still let me join in with the game?
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Ellen (Now Elliott) Page

Post by Smudge3920 »

I wonder how deep his/her actual beliefs go?... kept it closely hidden whilst poor, now she/he has a healthy bank balance due to the acting career, feels she can encourage those less fortunate to be proud and come out and stand up for themselves...

Wonder why she/he didn't when struggling to make ends meet?
Side before self & MOT
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

radebe88 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:42 pm People transition all the time regardless of their bank balance and success. The only difference in this scenario is that we would never have heard of their transition if they weren't a famous movie star whilst making the change.

Fair play to them and I hope people in similar positions feel safe to do the same if they wish.
A discussion point regarding him personally Radebbe, not attacking trans people as you imply... nice to know you are still keeping an eye on me ...makes me feel wanted ... ;-)
Side before self & MOT
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

radebe88 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:03 pm Haha ill be honest i didnt realise it was you until now. I wasn't implying that either by the way. Just making the point if he was a bus driver from beeston we wouldn't know about them so I doubt their status was a factor in their decision to transition.
Fair enough I will take your word for it... think you missed the main point of my post though.
Side before self & MOT
Velotrax
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Velotrax »

I care little about people that wish to or do in fact change sex, I'm not interested, what they do in their private life is their business, but what has happened in sport is completely different, in cycling we have had a fair few males, become females, but have dominated the sport, now that in my opinion, is not right, if you wish to compete after changing sex, you should only be allowed to compete in Transgender events, ok I'll get off my soap box, but I feel in sport where big money can be made, some do it for that alone...