Getting the jab

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Getting the jab

Post by Smudge3920 »

hector wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:24 pm I was in the army for a few years, and we were like pin cushions every now and then...

I remember 1 session, we had to roll both sleeves up and stick out our tongues, and then along came 5 medics, and there was 2 injections in each arm and drops on the tongue all at the same time..... We were like a conveyor belt....
It took 2 days to stop feeling ill, and then we went off to some foreign part for a few weeks.

So I will take anything if it helps.... :mrgreen:

As for the population... I have said for a while now... take all the warning labels off things, and 1/3 of the population would be gone in a very short time.....

Then cut off the power for 2 weeks, and another 1/3 will be gone....

That would then leave the final 1/3 of people intelligent enough to survive..

Trim the herd!!!!
Been there done that...Love the sentiment "cull the herd" :mrgreen:
Side before self & MOT
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Fat lot of good you are heck

When we are trying to reassure folk
What's the matter you burnt ya toast

We are in a pandemic

Please desist with your unhelpfuness
hector

Post by hector »

liggy wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:17 pm Fat lot of good you are heck

When we are trying to reassure folk
What's the matter you burnt ya toast

We are in a pandemic

Please desist with your unhelpfuness
Sorry bud, not in my nature to reassure folk....

They can all do one :P

What pandemic is that then?? this is how I live my life all the time...
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

I've just carried on through the whole carry on
Wor lass went a bit mad mind but wot a crock of s**t man

Pigeons football sex and masks I done the same before lockdown the ***** shop at the end of our street never closed

mod edit, no racism please Liggy
Bally
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bally »

becchio bear wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:07 pm Really? You don't think it's a tad rushed? :duno: :bear:
Not at all no other vaccine has had as much money thrown at it or as many country's working at a vaccine as this one although I did have someone tell me tonight that this vaccine has been made to cull some of the population as there's too many of us ,some crazy folk around
gessa
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by gessa »

Bally wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:43 pm Not at all no other vaccine has had as much money thrown at it or as many country's working at a vaccine as this one although I did have someone tell me tonight that this vaccine has been made to cull some of the population as there's too many of us ,some crazy folk around
And don't forget the one they're going to microchip us all with.
It will all come clear in the end
Bally
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bally »

gessa wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:45 pm And don't forget the one they're going to microchip us all with.
I can't believe some people still don't think this virus is real and its all made up so the governments can control us all :roll:
Overman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Overman »

Bally wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:52 pm I can't believe some people still don't think this virus is real and its all made up so the governments can control us all :roll:
I know isn't it absurd!

What about those folks who supported Bates for all those years as he shafted the club big time. A 'shrewd businessman' they called him, they must be the same lot.
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

Bally wrote: I can't believe some people still don't think this virus is real and its all made up so the governments can control us all :roll:
nobody doubts the existence of the virus it belongs to the common cold group of viruses... the question that I have is it's severity... and indisputably it has changed our lives as is evidenced by people wearing masks and going into lockdown.

in addition Pfizer has been fined considerable amounts of money for drug trials that have gone wrong especially in Africa. A simple google search for "Pfizer fined" turns up a long list of cases so it is naïve to think that every drug or vaccine is safe.Image

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

Breaking news from Pfizer.

"The top executive at pharma giant Pfizer said it still isn’t clear if those who receive the company’s vaccine will be able transmit the coronavirus to others, just one day after the UK became the first to approve the inoculation.

While Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said he expects the vaccine rollout to be rapid after it gets the green light from US health officials, following in the steps of Britain, he noted that it remains to be seen whether recipients of the jab can still carry and pass the virus. 

“Even though I’ve had the protection, am I still able to transmit it to other people?” NBC’s Lester Holt asked in an interview on Thursday night, prompting a startling response from Bourla:

I think this is something that needs to be examined. We are not certain about that right now"

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:42 am Breaking news from Pfizer.

"The top executive at pharma giant Pfizer said it still isn’t clear if those who receive the company’s vaccine will be able transmit the coronavirus to others, just one day after the UK became the first to approve the inoculation.

While Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said he expects the vaccine rollout to be rapid after it gets the green light from US health officials, following in the steps of Britain, he noted that it remains to be seen whether recipients of the jab can still carry and pass the virus. 

“Even though I’ve had the protection, am I still able to transmit it to other people?” NBC’s Lester Holt asked in an interview on Thursday night, prompting a startling response from Bourla:

I think this is something that needs to be examined. We are not certain about that right now"

Think that's true of any vaccine, your protecting yourself not others....you can still transmit via touch and contact...
Honey dipped flim flam
WestgateRun
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by WestgateRun »

The Pfizer vaccine is a *completely* new type of vaccine.
I would prefer to take the Astra Zeneca vaccine, which has lower efficacy but is a more traditional type of vaccine.
becchio bear
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Bally wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:52 pm I can't believe some people still don't think this virus is real and its all made up so the governments can control us all :roll:
The virus is real but I think there is certainly something else going on and yes I do think it is about control.

Just remember this isn't an ordinary virus, oh no this one is exceptionally clever. Let's take the rule of 6. Apparently we're safe to mix with 5 other people but uh oh one extra person joins us and the virus will know. We're safe to drink alcohol in a pub or restaurant but only if we have a "substantial" meal so obviously the virus is just hovering around waiting to catch those out who aren't having a meal. It apparently also knows if we're attending a wedding or a funeral. Judging by the news last night it also knows to leave the rich people alone from 4 am on Saturday morning or should I say "high value" people :roll: No quarantine measures for those even coming from unsafe countries. :bear:
Lockdown 3, Rinse and Repeat.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

Everyone knows the virus is real... What I don't get is the continued stupidity of those in charge... The province of Alberta, my chosen home here in the colonies has for over 10 days now been breaking the daily "record" (maybe totals is a better word)...we are now over 1,800 a day, from a population of less than 4.5 million, the province is larger than the whole of the UK....it is also spreading now in small communities such as ours, not just the densley poulated Cities.
The provincial government , using military assistance has started establishing field hospitals, yet the politico's are denying it, whilst people watch them being erected!!!
And they wonder why so many are protesting, the use of mask's and the infringments of their human rights... those protesting are the very one's who believe what the politicions are saying and ignoring science.
Side before self & MOT
Lumiukko
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Lumiukko »

I have no doubt the virus is real, but for a significant many of the population, at worst it is no different to standard cold or flu. The significant dangers are for those in the over 50 and particular over 70 bracket. Here in LA County (Population 10.5 million), the stupidity of those in charge is worse than most places IMO. Case numberss are high in LA County compared to much of California, but we also comprise 1/4 of the whole population of the state. When analyzing the case rates per head of population, they don't look anywhere near as bad as Garcetti (LA mayor) makes out.

Worse still, all the far-ranging restrictions are a one-size fits all for the 10.5 million LA County residents. This is where I think a fair amount of over-handed control is taking place. It is not hard to find data that highlights the hotspots of Covid in the county, which tend to be neighbourhoods of poor, latinoX and black communities, high density, essential workers. These neighbourhoods are ignored at the best of times, but right now need resources and help more than ever. Yet neighbourhoods like mine where cases and deaths are very low are thrown under the same broad-sweeping strict restrictions. I see every day another business in my neighbourhood go to the wall, many of which are small family owned stores and restaurants. I can't help think that some of these restrictions are designed to allow the super corporations like Safeway Group, Target, Walmart Group, to flourish at the expense of the small "mom-and-pop" entities. It's so very sad seeing the destruction and loss of livelihoods locally and it's a matter of point I think should be made to the local city council.

I also don't believe a vaccine is the golden ticket out of this situation and if I could lay a bet on it, would say that one year from now, we will still be dealing with daily restrictions, where some of our freedoms may be curtailed forever now authorities have a taste for it. I'm no libertarian by any means but I do see a real danger to our long-term freedom. We have to learn to live with Covid as it isn't going away ever.

What would I do? Among many things:
- I have no issues with masks. We can use them when in enclosed spaces, close to people at risk/elderly. Fine, let's continue using them for flights, public transport, in grocery stores, etc. But for hiking on the trails, hard exercise, ffs, give me a break.
- Vaccinate those at risk as soon as possible. Health workers, carers, elderly, and sick. Continue to protect these individuals until vaccinations are widespread.
- Re-open outdoor dining ASAP to save the hospitality business. We're lucky to have very benign weather here in LA.
- Focus resources and efforts on poorer neighbourhoods to tackle any Covid outbreaks and protect those most at risk.
- For hotspots, advocate more focused restrictions on a local level if needed, rather than a sweeping restriction on a huge are and population. People subject to this should be given financial help.
- More money to health authorities to treat Covid infections free of charge (helps the poorer communities particularly).
- Long-term focus on healthier lifestyles with money directed to this. Healthier lifestyles mean better immune responses. This also means allowing football fields etc to re-open (I haven't played for my two teams in almost 10 months now, and at 41 years old not sure will I ever again!).

There's much more I would suggest as well but need to get on a meeting call now. OK, rant over. :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lumiukko wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:48 pm I have no doubt the virus is real, but for a significant many of the population, at worst it is no different to standard cold or flu. The significant dangers are for those in the over 50 and particular over 70 bracket. Here in LA County (Population 10.5 million), the stupidity of those in charge is worse than most places IMO. Case numberss are high in LA County compared to much of California, but we also comprise 1/4 of the whole population of the state. When analyzing the case rates per head of population, they don't look anywhere near as bad as Garcetti (LA mayor) makes out.

Worse still, all the far-ranging restrictions are a one-size fits all for the 10.5 million LA County residents. This is where I think a fair amount of over-handed control is taking place. It is not hard to find data that highlights the hotspots of Covid in the county, which tend to be neighbourhoods of poor, latinoX and black communities, high density, essential workers. These neighbourhoods are ignored at the best of times, but right now need resources and help more than ever. Yet neighbourhoods like mine where cases and deaths are very low are thrown under the same broad-sweeping strict restrictions. I see every day another business in my neighbourhood go to the wall, many of which are small family owned stores and restaurants. I can't help think that some of these restrictions are designed to allow the super corporations like Safeway Group, Target, Walmart Group, to flourish at the expense of the small "mom-and-pop" entities. It's so very sad seeing the destruction and loss of livelihoods locally and it's a matter of point I think should be made to the local city council.

I also don't believe a vaccine is the golden ticket out of this situation and if I could lay a bet on it, would say that one year from now, we will still be dealing with daily restrictions, where some of our freedoms may be curtailed forever now authorities have a taste for it. I'm no libertarian by any means but I do see a real danger to our long-term freedom. We have to learn to live with Covid as it isn't going away ever.

What would I do? Among many things:
- I have no issues with masks. We can use them when in enclosed spaces, close to people at risk/elderly. Fine, let's continue using them for flights, public transport, in grocery stores, etc. But for hiking on the trails, hard exercise, ffs, give me a break.
- Vaccinate those at risk as soon as possible. Health workers, carers, elderly, and sick. Continue to protect these individuals until vaccinations are widespread.
- Re-open outdoor dining ASAP to save the hospitality business. We're lucky to have very benign weather here in LA.
- Focus resources and efforts on poorer neighbourhoods to tackle any Covid outbreaks and protect those most at risk.
- For hotspots, advocate more focused restrictions on a local level if needed, rather than a sweeping restriction on a huge are and population. People subject to this should be given financial help.
- More money to health authorities to treat Covid infections free of charge (helps the poorer communities particularly).
- Long-term focus on healthier lifestyles with money directed to this. Healthier lifestyles mean better immune responses. This also means allowing football fields etc to re-open (I haven't played for my two teams in almost 10 months now, and at 41 years old not sure will I ever again!).

There's much more I would suggest as well but need to get on a meeting call now. OK, rant over. :)
Could you have a word with Boris ? ;-)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:19 pm Sorry bud, not in my nature to reassure folk....

Sorry dear hector.....but I personally know you have a reassuring side.... :)
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:56 pm Sorry dear hector.....but I personally know you have a reassuring side.... :)
Stop it Swannie...The bugger's as 'ard as flint... :P :lol:
Side before self & MOT
Boo Radley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Boo Radley »

The Pfizer trials were on a sample of approximately 43,000 people, which is considered a large base for many trials . However you will now hear political officials saying that, while the vaccine is safe, it is only when it is given to over two million people that you are liable to see “unknown” side effects. This sounds like bad news being planted in advance. Considering that we are now looking at potentially hundreds of millions being vaccinated, what do they know? What will the residual damage be, and for whom?

Another connected point flows from this. All national Governments have to sign up to take all the financial liabilities of any consequences of any bad side effects of this vaccination program. They have to agree to this as part of the agreement to actually receive the vaccine in the first place. This really worries me. The companies producing these vaccines must have a real concern of things going wrong. The other concern is that this allows those companies to be, potentially, more lax in what they produce than they might be if literally their jobs and the company’s existence was on the line if they got things wrong.

As tempting as it is to free up my life from this depressing shrunken life currently, I will not be early in the line for vaccination. I will see how this plays out and make an informed choice down the road.
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:56 pm Sorry dear hector.....but I personally know you have a reassuring side.... :)
Oy Duckie..... that is how rumours start!!! grrrrr :rant: :rant:

;-)