Chelsea v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bielsa Names Unchanged Starting XI

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Chelsea v Leeds Utd Match Thread - No stream links posted on this thread or the open forum please

Post by Carrick Dave »

White Riot wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:05 pm Great that Llorente is finally available, as you never know when we may pick up another injury.
Clickbait suggestion now that Koch hasn’t trained for a few days this week and may be unavailable.

I think that we’ll be in the fight unless Chelsea do a smother-job on Kalvin.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Chelsea v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Aye just read this rumour Davy :(

I'd be tempted to shift Ayling to CB as this game maybe too soon to start Llorente
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

:roll:
WestgateRun
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by WestgateRun »

I can't see us getting a clean sheet in this game. Their second string just thrashed Sevilla 4-0, away from home.
Chelsea have bought well in the summer. Getting a point would be an excellent result.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:04 pm
Sort of thing my sisters husband would go for.....he may have tbh.
Honey dipped flim flam
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

Cjay wrote:
PREMIUM package the BEST package that anyone could ever have... could ever dream of. I was on the phone to FAT FRANK... one of my best phone calls ever... told him I could do a GREAT deal, TREMENDOUS deal... the BEST deal that he could ever get.

Since the West stand middle tier had been gutted and all the furniture sold off to buy players, not the BEST players either... I said I could get them some used deck chairs from Blackpool and we could Market them a luxury seats... going for that retro look... so FASHIONABLE these days, and everybody gets a free knotted hankie to have on their heads... remind Frank when he went down Margate with Uncle Harry... proper nostalgia.

To show some Hospitality everyone would be given a glass of genuine Puerto Rican champagne when they arrive and to keep within the budget the 3 course meal we can get in from Wendys or maybe McDonald's and market it as a high-class gourmet meal... prawn sandwich brigade will never know the difference.

For the house spirits I ordered in jerry cans of Ugandan Waragi fermented and distilled from rotten bananas... for the wine we can get some Romanian Red in plastic bottles... and some Belarusian bottles of white that Roman has managed to salvage... free from Chernobyl... a little bit of radioactivity never hurt anybody

At 470 pounds a ticket we should make a nice profit or 460 pounds. I'll send Rudi round with the contract.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Tbf Lampard was respectful in his press conference earlier.
Boo Radley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Boo Radley »

Our defence will decide this one. We know we will keep their defence (the second meanest in the league to date) busy and hopefully stretched. I think that our midfield can hold their own here too. Our challenge is to deal with their counter attack, or if Giroud is playing, their aerial threat. If we do, anything is possible, but I do worry.

A draw tomorrow, to add to our last four points, would be an excellent return from three tough fixtures. Here’s hoping 🤞
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

A free hit today far as I'm concerned. While it is Chelsea, they're still a top four team with a largely world class squad, so I'm under no illusions. So long as the effort is put in that befits an historic rivalry, so long as we put on a show, then I'll be happy.
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

I can't wait to see that smug w**ker Lampard's face if we can beat them tonight :lol:
hector

Post by hector »

Whilst out doing my weekly shop this morning, I was wearing my Leeds mask, and a big fat bugger turned into the isle wearing a cheatski mask, so we had a little conversation.....
He thinks Fwank is the best thing since sliced bread.. and it seems that most of the Cheatski fans do too!!! So I pointed out he has no experience and has done nothing more for them since taking over....
His reply?
Well he will only get the experience by doing the job....

I walked away shaking my head in dismay.... :mrgreen:
danhirons
First Team
First Team

Post by danhirons »

dont have anything against lampard tbh, although i realise lots do here

done a decent job at chelsea, will be a tough game, would definitely take a draw
Overman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Overman »

Werner vs Cooper, Werner must be bricking it.

Our best approach will be to go at the w**kers from the start, this will throw them off their game. The pressure is much more on them than us.
Allrounder
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Allrounder »

Chelsea is a top team and so are Liverpool and City and we were competitive against both, so why can’t we challenge Chelsea, especially now when we can field our top top team.

Don’t make much of their 4-0 win over Sevilla,often second string players work their a*** off when they get these rare opportunities, what matter is the match tonight and the guys playing on the field. I have a good feeling.

Just hope Llorente plays today. With players like him you have to play them if they are fit as the next we hear is he picks up a injury on training or playing for u23s. Just play him and hope for the best.
Irish Ian

Post by Irish Ian »

Of they are allowed to run at us expect a long evening.

Not quite a free hit in my mind but I fear a tonking
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins
Lumiukko
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Lumiukko »

Allrounder wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:24 pm Chelsea is a top team and so are Liverpool and City and we were competitive against both, so why can’t we challenge Chelsea, especially now when we can field our top top team.

Don’t make much of their 4-0 win over Sevilla,often second string players work their a*** off when they get these rare opportunities, what matter is the match tonight and the guys playing on the field. I have a good feeling.
Both valid points. Not sure how I feel about this being a free pass, or at least as such being a spectator. For Liverpool and Man City I had no expectation, so those games were very stress free and rather enjoyable to watch. But now we've managed to show we can compete, plus being over 1/4 through the season, points become that little more important so I feel a touch more nervous. Also, I usually have an opposition player in my fantasy team as an insurance policy, but I took Ziyech out yesterday :oops:
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:58 pm Of they are allowed to run at us expect a long evening.

Not quite a free hit in my mind but I fear a tonking
Good thing we've already had a couple so far, and more importantly bounced back from them. The main factor (aside from quality of course) will be work rate. As long as we don't concede in the first 20-25 then I think we might just be able to wear them down.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:03 pm Good thing we've already had a couple so far, and more importantly bounced back from them. The main factor (aside from quality of course) will be work rate. As long as we don't concede in the first 20-25 then I think we might just be able to wear them down.
I'm a ever the optimist :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

No stream links posted on this thread or the open forum please
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

It’s a free hit for me, most pundits and the bookies think we’ll be beaten. If we play our usual game we are in with a chance though - hey ho, let’s go, nothing to lose and we’ve done very well against the big boys so far.