Chelsea v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bielsa Names Unchanged Starting XI

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Match Thread Chelsea v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bielsa Names Unchanged Starting XI

Post by Ellandback1 »

Saturday 5th December 20:00 | Stamford Bridge | Live on Sky Sports

Saturday 15th May 2004 was the last time a live crown watched Leeds United play live in the Premier League. This weekend completes the circle as it will be the first time a paying crowd has watched Leeds in the top-flight since then. Leeds will face an in-form Chelsea side as the they look to break their win-less hoodoo in England's Capital, that will have effected them four days shy of their three year anniversary. The last time that Leeds won a game in London was courtesy of a Kemar Roofe hat-trick at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium, better known as Loftus Road. When you consider how many London clubs Leeds have faced over this time, the statistic is horrifying.

Marcelo Bielsa has no new injury worries, but must decide whether to keep record signing Rodrigo benched, if not who would he drop? Sources at the club indicate that Diego Llorente is fit. There are calls for Llorente to come into the team, being the most expensive defender at the club, but Marcelo Bielsa does like his players to have had plenty of minutes for the U23s before slotting into the first eleven. Rumours are circulating on social media regarding Robin Koch being injured but are yet to be confirmed by and reliable source. If so, this could accelerate Llorente’s introduction to the first team.

Lampard says he has a fully-fit squad to choose from for Saturday's match and must decide whether Olivier Giroud has earned a rare league start? The Frenchman netted all four goals during Chelsea’s midweek victory against Savilla. The Blues currently sit third in the Premiership, just two points from the top. The only team they have lost to this season are Liverpool back in September. Chelse have undoubted pace and talent going forward and they will be a test for Leeds United’s defence but they could be vulnerable at the back, are Thiago Silva’s old legs up to the constant running of Leeds? A win for the Blues could send them top. A win for Leeds should elevate them to into the top ten.

Chelsea were the victors during the last top-flight meeting between the two clubs back in 2004, their final match under Claudio Ranieri. Leeds have only won two of their 12 Premier League games at Stamford Bridge, with the most recent victory coming on 19 December 1999 when Stephen McPhail scored both goals. The only meeting since 2004 was in the League Cup back in 2012. Luciano Becchio gave Leeds a half-time lead and hope of a famous win, but it wasn't to be. Juan Mata fired an equaliser just after the break and Branislav Ivanovic headed the Blues into the lead. Victor Moses, Eden Hazard and Fernando Torres would finish off a 5-1 victory for Chelsea.

Leeds Starting XI
Meslier, Ayling, Koch, Cooper, Dallas, Phillips, Klich, Raphinha, Alioski, Harrison, Bamford

Subs: Casilla, Llorente, Struijk, Rodrigo, Costa, Roberts, Poveda
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Chelsea v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by White Riot »

It would be really great if we could break our London hoodoo, especially against Fat Fwank ;-)

The pressure is somewhat lessened on Lampard as his team are going well in the league and in Europe.

If we can keep the momentum going after two positive results that will be awesome.

Great that Llorente is finally available, as you never know when we may pick up another injury.

Expect Bielsa will go with the same settled side, but around Xmas he'll need to rotate to avoid fatigue.

Probably gonna be a tight game with another VAR controversy :shock:
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Wankhard must have had the easiest path to top management ever .Would love a point or three of this lot , I've said a few times lately if FF is ever appointed England manager I'm changing nationality . Wouldn't support England if HE is involved, the dullest man if football IMO .
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Like any game against top half teams, happy to get anything out of the game. Not really expecting much in all honesty but if they play like Leicester did against Fulham the other night, that'll be sweet.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clacton White wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:22 pm Wankhard must have had the easiest path to top management ever .Would love a point or three of this lot , I've said a few times lately if FF is ever appointed England manager I'm changing nationality . Wouldn't support England if HE is involved, the dullest man if football IMO .
I wouldn't watch England full stop Clacton, it's bad enough watching Southgate destroy English footballers
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:41 pm Like any game against top half teams, happy to get anything out of the game. Not really expecting much in all honesty but if they play like Leicester did against Fulham the other night, that'll be sweet.
I have a extremely good feeling about this game, hopefully our poor London form will be smashed to smithereens come 10pm Saturday night
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

I can only see one outcome in this match, it pains me to say. At least we know it won't be all one-way traffic. If we sneak a point, I'll be happy and that will set us up well for two "easier" fixtures that follow.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bielsa on Chelsea/Leeds games.

Lampard's Chelsea in a good moment?

"The description you made was correct. The values you analysed to describe a team with how they defend and how they attack, the way they return after attack and the way they attack after defending, in these factors you always find Chelsea in favourable positions"

Fixture has a lot of history - exciting for the fans?

"For us, every game in the Premier League is very attractive and every opponent renews the difficulties we have to face. In the case of Chelsea, this happens without doubt. With the added point it’s a traditional encounter, even though it hasn’t happened for a very long time"

Possible for players new to a club to understand rivalries like a homegrown player like Phillips?

"I don’t think there’s a pro who hasn’t lived through a time where they don’t face an opponent who multiplies their spirit for a certain game. The players in this squad, as a minimum, have been here almost three years and they know the fans well. This allows them to live what the fans want. [?]. From what I know, the players arrived here this season, they came here because of the fans and the way they live their football"
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Lumiukko wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:40 pm I can only see one outcome in this match, it pains me to say. At least we know it won't be all one-way traffic. If we sneak a point, I'll be happy and that will set us up well for two "easier" fixtures that follow.
On paper I agree with you mate,... but I am looking for a score draw. It is possible.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Friends let me just say Leeds are a TREMENDOUS team, one of the BEST in the world
with really GOOD players... agreed? I have supported them for a LONG time, a really
LONG time... you might say from time IMMEMORIAL.. that's a BIG word... HUGE word
I've got the BEST words, and I know how to use them.

Chelsea are LOSERS, BIG LOSERS, I would say LIGHTWEIGHT, light as a feather, they
will be BLOWN away, a PUFF and they will be gone. Knew BATES when he was selling
stuff off the back of a van down Portobella road... NASTY little man... CHEAPSKATE,
knew nothing about the art of the deal. No Ambition, no drive... thats the legacy he
left them with, and that is the mentality they have even to this day and age... BIG LOSERS.
They will never amount to much, and will be consigned to the TRASH HEAP of history.
All they every had was a DELLUSIONAL John Terry who went around claiming he had won
everything when he had won NOTHING. I WIN and when I WIN I win HUGELY

I phoned Vladimir, "Big Pee" I call him ... one of my BEST CALLS.. and he told me Abramovich
has tied up too much money in the Crime, or was it Krimea... his english is not so good... and he thinks Chelsea will be bankrupt soon, and that is why
they can only buy SECOND RATE players and hire a TWO BIT manager, who should really be
on a diet. Too FAT... should trim down like me. Lampard managed Derby and look at them now,
bottom of the championship... that should tell you something about his grip on the art of soccer.
Left them in a mess they will never recover from, and if you hear anything good about him it
is FAKE NEWS... propaganda from the DEEP STATE. Has QAnon ever mentioned him... don't think so,
which means he is a BIG LOSER

I think my good buddy Bamford will get 2 touch downs and that young goalkeeper from France
will get at least one field goal... got nothing against the French... knew Brigitte Bardot in San Tropez
Rudi will be on hand to file a court case if illegal goals are scored. Sidney Powell has just got
information that the VAR software was written by Dominion and they can photoshop the offside
line and make it appear that your forearm has crossed the line. We are in litigation at the moment
to have Bamford's "arm over the line" touch down reinstated.

LEEDS for the WIN and I predict 23 points to zero
Last edited by rab_rant on Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:51 pm I wouldn't watch England full stop Clacton, it's bad enough watching Southgate destroy English footballers
Well , there is that too it .....I've also avoided England for ages due to the full sterile football . What I meant was though I dislike FF so much I'd rather associate myself with something else . Of course I don't watch England by design , even worse now that we have a club worth watching win or lose ....it's fun , England IS NOT fun .
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:31 pm Friends let me just say Leeds are a TREMENDOUS team, one of the BEST in the world
with really GOOD players... agreed?
Agreed Rab... I am becoming a real fan of your "rants" keep it up :clap:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Chelsea should win and are in good form.

Only lost 1 in the league.

They like to attack and have spent a fortune making themselves better.

That being said we have shown that we are better against the traditional better sides.

Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Everton etc.

And we are ideally suited to teams like Chelsea who are used to teams standing off them and thus arent used to being pressed.

Also Lampard has never been able to cope with us.

We totally outplayed his Derby side for 3.5 games and it was our errors not Lampard's ability that allowed Derby in.

Head says lose that being said, we should lose, Chelsea have spent an absolute fortunate and should beat us just based on that.

But Liverpool needed a dodgy pen that wouldn't be given now to win.

Man City and Arsenal only drew because of us missing chances, we were the better side as there fans admit.

And Everton were lucky to not get battered.

So heart says we can get a win, definitely nothing to be afraid of.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Smudge3920 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:00 pm On paper I agree with you mate,... but I am looking for a score draw. It is possible.
A score draw is a good call given the Man City result and Liverpool game which should easily have been a draw.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:31 pm Friends let me just say Leeds are a TREMENDOUS team, one of the BEST in the world
with really GOOD players... agreed? I have supported them for a LONG time, a really
LONG time... you might say from time IMMEMORIAL.. that's a BIG word... HUGE word

Chelsea are LOSERS, BIG LOSERS, I would say LIGHTWEIGHT, light as a feather, they
will be BLOWN away, a PUFF and they will be gone. Knew BATES when he was selling
stuff off the back of a van down Portobella road... NASTY little man... CHEAPSKATE,
knew nothing about the art of the deal. No Ambition, no drive... thats the legacy he
left them with, and that is the mentality they have even to this day and age... BIG LOSERS.
They will never amount to much, and will be consigned to the TRASH HEAP of history.
All they every had was a DELLUSIONAL John Terry who went around claiming he had won

I phoned Vladimir, "Big Pee" I call him ... one of my BEST CALLS.. and he told me Abramovich
has tied up too much money in the Crimea, so Chelsea will be bankrupt soon, and that is why
they can only buy SECOND RATE players and hire a TWO BIT manager, who should really be
on a diet. Too FAT... should trim down like me. Lampard managed Derby and look at them now,
bottom of the championship... that should tell you something about his grip on the art of soccer.
Left them in a mess they will never recover from, and if you hear anything good about him it
is FAKE NEWS... propaganda from the DEEP STATE. Has QAnon ever mentioned him... don't think so,

I think my good buddy Bamford will get 2 touch downs and that young goalkeeper from France
will get at least one field goal... got nothing against the French... knew Brigitte Bardot in San Tropez
Rudi will be on hand to file a court case if illegal goals are scored. Sidney Powell has just got
information that the VAR software was written by Dominion and they can photoshop the offside
line and make it appear that your forearm has crossed the line. We are in litigation at the moment

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Lumiukko wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:52 pm A score draw is a good call given the Man City result and Liverpool game which should easily have been a draw.
Of course you know I would prefer a clean sheet and a brace from paddy dontchya :)
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Smudge3920 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:54 pm Of course you know I would prefer a clean sheet and a brace from paddy dontchya :)
I'd take a win however they went in, but preferably goals for Paddy and Raphinha since they're in my fantasy team. Most of all, I just want to see fwank cry.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Lumiukko wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:57 pm I'd take a win however they went in, but preferably goals for Paddy and Raphinha since they're in my fantasy team. Most of all, I just want to see fwank cry.
:tup: :lol:
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Leeds will line up the same team, and why not after two good results against established PL teams. I have got that bipolar feeling again about this game, in that it could go really well, or drastically bad.... I may need to ask the audience or ring a friend because 50/50 won't cut it.

Am i right in saying Chelski made 10 changes in the midweek game against a skilled technical team in Savilla and they still won 4.0? Can't be bad, Chelski should smash us then with a fully fit and raring to go first team. Will Giroud keep his place after scoring all four goals? I hope so bacause that nippy German Werner looks like he will be a handfull.

We all no if we take our chances we are in with a shout against any team. I think Chelsea will look at the first 20mins against Man City and think that's what we need to do. Keep possession, press Leeds high up the pitch and whatever you do don't allow Phillips any space to pull the strings in Midfield. Throw some extra aggression in there for good measure and it could be a tough night if all goes to plan for them.

Our secret weapon Raphinha (don't tell anyone) is full of running, got bags of skill and could win the game himself. How will Chelski mark him up? When will we see Rodrigo? I guess that will depend on how many we are losing by. Its another free hit this one for me, no one outside Elland Rd gives us a chance, and unfortunately i think it may be a Bridge too far (stop it).

I'm working for thisen live but will be hoping no one lets the score (cat out of the bag) at work so i can come home and enjoy the game with plenty of excitement. I have got no chance!

If i was a player no extra motivation needed for this. The history is there and what better way to ram Ambramovic's billions back down his throat that to turn them over in their backyard. Go get Sterlings gun (the one he had tattooed on his leg) and shoot the Chelski clay pigeons. (i'm a pacifist)
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

has tied up too much money in the Crime, or was it Krimea... his english is not so good... and he thinks Chelsea will be bankrupt soon, and that is why

:rol: :rol: :rol: