Alioski/Dallas roles explained

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Alioski/Dallas roles explained

Post by 1964white »

Roles of Alioski and Dallas have been interesting recently, swapping positions - can you explain that to us?

Bielsa
"They both played the majority of the game on the left-hand side. In this sector on the left-hand side there were three heights. The level where James Rodriguez moved, the height or level where Iwobi moved and the height or level of the pitch where Godfrey arrived. There were combinations of movement to attack and defend.

The more advanced ones are Harrison and Raphinha and Alioki who was in front of Dallas and behind the winger. And Dallas who was the furthest one back. The three of them had obligations to defend and attack and with the possibility to interchange functions. At the end of the game Dallas and Alioski started to change sides but this was a small proportion of the game"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Alioski/Dallas roles explained

Post by YorkshireSquare »

I had no idea where either of them was playing but it seemed to work!
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:00 pm I had no idea where either of them was playing but it seemed to work!
:tup: :lol: ...The managers of the prem must lay awake at night thinking ...how the hell do I get into this mans head (MB)...and if I do will I ever get out again?... :?
Side before self & MOT
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:11 pm :tup: :lol: ...The managers of the prem must lay awake at night thinking ...how the hell do I get into this mans head (MB)...and if I do will I ever get out again?... :?
:rol: :rol: :rol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:00 pm I had no idea where either of them was playing but it seemed to work!
It's called interchanging Adam, totally confuses the opposition totally

Imagine Fwank saying to his defenders at half-time......

"Why weren't you marking Dallas & Harrison for their goal"?

Two Chelsea defenders reply "We did boss, as we tracked them Alioski flew pass us both laying on the pass for their No.9, we were hoping he'd miss but he didn't boss"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:28 pm It's called interchanging Adam, totally confuses the opposition totally

Imagine Fwank saying to his defenders at half-time......

"Why weren't you marking Dallas & Harrison for their goal"?

Two Chelsea defenders reply "We did boss, as we tracked them Alioski flew pass us both laying on the pass for their No.9, we were hoping he'd miss but he didn't boss"

Interchanging is fine, right wing to left wing, left back to left wing etc

But our players can play anywhere, it's the fact that they do it accross the pitch and back to front at the same time. So fluid.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:39 pm Interchanging is fine, right wing to left wing, left back to left wing etc

But our players can play anywhere, it's the fact that they do it accross the pitch and back to front at the same time. So fluid.
Practice at Thorpe Arch actually works nowadays

Incredible Adam :tup:
Velotrax
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Velotrax »

Amazing the lengths MB goes to get the best out of boys, hands up time, I have no idea how he does it, but I guess like many Leeds fan we watch in awe and applaud God !