The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 4th December) - San Francisco 49ers Investment Imminent?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 4th December) - San Francisco 49ers Investment Imminent?

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 4th December, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road.

Clear sign investment is on its way

It's looking increasing likely that the San Francisco 49ers, led by Paraag Marathe, President of the NFL giants are to make a substantial further investment in Leeds Utd. Marathe has been keen to increase the 49ers stakeholdings on the West Yorkshire club since their initial investment in 2018. He was quoted back in September praising Messrs Radrizzani, Orta and Bielsa for the success they brought,to a club, previously a sleeping giant.

Sharp eyed LUFC fan Legsy @LEGSYN8GELDERD spotted the 49ers have created a hedge fund, with an Indefinite amount of money in it. They have called this account Leeds II.

Do Leeds need this money? Is cash flow short due to Covid 19? Are funds being put into place for the January transfer window? Could this be the first stage of an audacious take over bid from Marathe?

Forshaw out until next season?

Bielsa delivered his pre-match press conference for the Chelsea game yesterday. We heard that Llovente is expected to participate in one / possibly two U23 games to raise his fitness levels before being unleashed on the first team, but there was bad news for Shackleton, Hernandez and Forshaw.

Here is Bielsa's presser in full...

Attachments
Ussntitled-1.jpg
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 4th December) Investment imminent?

Post by The Subhuman »

Niners banned from playing in Santa Clara atm due to covid..maybe they want Elland Road for a game or two

As a football fan I love the idea of the Niners with a stake, better than the corrupt QVC, but hope Rads retains control

They could also borrow Klich for PAT's and FG's .....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I don’t know what to make of the 49ers proposed investment but, due to our promotion, value wise they’ve probably already tripled their money on their previous £11m(?) investment. We’ll have to wait and see what substantial really means I suppose, but in this day and age in the Premier league where run of the mill footballers can command fees of £20m/£30m and a wages of £60,000/£75000 per week, then another £11m isn’t going to go very far.

I’ve got a feeling that Forshaw will not play for Leeds again. I hope the same can’t be said of Pablo!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Forshaw atm is the closets thing to Klich on roster so a Klich inj/sus may pave a way in for him...I don't think Raph or Rod would suit the 8 role yet.

Forshaw is a useful bench player for me being able to play the 4, 8 or 10 role. Not that he wouldn't be a small downgrade but we know he can work in the system and brings the work ethic MB demands...Really not worth throwing away

Same calibre of player as Coop, Paddy and Stuart.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

I can’t help thinking that there must be better options than Forshaw available though going forward, by the time he is fit to start again he may have missed two and a half seasons (Bielsa doesn’t rush players back in after all) and he’ll be getting on a bit.

Orta will be on the case, like BGG I can’t see him in a white shirt again.

Nice lad, I thought he was good on EFL on Quest a while back, so maybe time to look at punditry or go into coaching - he said in the Sky doc that Marcelo had inspired him to consider management.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:25 am Forshaw atm is the closets thing to Klich on roster so a Klich inj/sus may pave a way in for him...I don't think Raph or Rod would suit the 8 role yet.

Forshaw is a useful bench player for me being able to play the 4, 8 or 10 role. Not that he wouldn't be a small downgrade but we know he can work in the system and brings the work ethic MB demands...Really not worth throwing away

Same calibre of player as Coop, Paddy and Stuart.
Point is Forshaw spends more time on the bench in the treatment room, no good for us whatsoever!

There must be another player out there who is fit & possesses decent quality we can sign in the January window
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:00 pm I can’t help thinking that there must be better options than Forshaw available though going forward, by the time he is fit to start again he may have missed two and a half seasons (Bielsa doesn’t rush players back in after all) and he’ll be getting on a bit.
My sentiment entirely Davy

There is no guarantee he is premier league class let alone whether he plays again

We shouldn't be depending on such unreliability, we are not a Football League club anymore
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 4th December) - San Francisco 49ers Investment Imminent?

Post by Cjay »

No no no no no.

Dont want the 49ers to get any more of the pie. We know what these American Sports owners are about. The mighty dollar is all they want as the Manure and Liverpool lot showed.

The investment arm of a sports brand will be no different

We should be looking to get them out not further in.

Forshaw should be replaced.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 4th December) - San Francisco 49ers Investment Imminent?

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:43 pm No no no no no.

Dont want the 49ers to get any more of the pie. We know what these American Sports owners are about. The mighty dollar is all they want as the Manure and Liverpool lot showed.

The investment arm of a sports brand will be no different

We should be looking to get them out not further in.

Forshaw should be replaced.
SFO 1000 times preferable to QVC...There are some very good American football club owners in it for the game.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Per the 49'ers, I am not a fan of them taking a controlling stake in the club, nor owning the club outright. We already saw a few weeks ago with the Project Dumbsh1t proposed by Fenway and Glazers where they see taking football in the UK and Europe. That said I don't mind if 49'ers up their investments but only to a point that keeps Radz as super-majority owner (e.g. 33% or 40% depending on where the line is set) so he still calls the shots. Hoping the money goes toward rebuilding the West Stand and also a couple of much needed transfers in the January window, like De Paul and a Forshaw replacement...

...because sadly I don't see Forshaw playing for us again. Seems a lovely lad, and if he hadn't missed so much game time I'd think he could do a job for us but he's so away from Bielsa fitness, his time is done I think. Hope something works out for him though.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

I have complete faith in Radz as a businessman he, knows what he is doing and how to deal with the 49'ers owners group while retaining majority holding's.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:48 pm
Love watching the players training routines
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:17 pm SFO 1000 times preferable to QVC...There are some very good American football club owners in it for the game.
I'm sure they all arent as bad as the money grabbers at Manure and Liverpool.

But this isnt the 49ers themselves.

It is the venture capitalist arm of the 49ers, thats the key.

All those companies are interested in is profit for as little as possible.

Dont forget Radz had to publicly call out the 49ers before they did anything.

Sorry but i dont want a venture capital firm involved in LUFC.

If not spending in January meant we wouldn't have more 49ers investment id be delighted.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

and yet .. still a 1000 times preferable to QVC.

Marathe who heads up the the Enterprises division is a sport guy first and foremost. He runs SFO's football operations and is an expert in salary management and negotiation and oversees the analytics. He works with players regarding the CBA compliance and was instrumental in the development of Levi's Stadium

I think we'd be in decent hands and I don't think Rads would give up control anyway ..atm. SFO one of the NFL's better run clubs imo. They just need a QB
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Agree to disagree Faaip.

A numbers guy running an American Sports teams Venture Capitalist Fund (as stated on the documents) are not the sort of people i want at LUFC.

Could be like a leech.

Take years to get rid.

Aside from the Liverpool owners i cant think of a single successful American owner of an English football team (and they showed their true colours).

We havent even got that, we got the lackey.

Owners to provide the finances Radz cant to take us up a level they arent.

Will just sit on there investment and wait.

Financially we would still be a small fish :(
Signed

King Cjay