The Leeds United Weekend Brunch Debate ****THE AFTERMATH****

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Breakfast Debate The Leeds United Weekend Brunch Debate ****THE AFTERMATH****

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2020-12-05 at 08.28.47.png

Chelsea v Leeds

1) Koch is a major doubt apparently, if that is the case what changes would you make to our starting line-up

2) Who is Chelsea's most influential/dangerous player?

3) If there is one player you could pluck from the current Chelsea team, who would it be?

4) What are your favourite Chelsea/Leeds moments (away from ER) from years gone by?

5) Who are your favourite Chelsea players from the past?

6) Will we win, lose or draw?
1964white

Re: The Leeds United Weekend Brunch Thread - POST Chelsea v Leeds DEBATE

Post by 1964white »

Big feature on Leeds v Chelsea on Football Focus at lunchtime

The 1970 Chelsea v Leeds Cup Final replay at OT is in the top five watched television broadcasts of all-time attracting 28+ million viewers
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning Folks,

Odd that there was no news about Koch during the week then it is claimed hasnt trained...

From Chelsea Id have Werner and Chilwell.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The Leeds United Weekend Brunch Thread - PRE Chelsea v Leeds DEBATE

Post by The Subhuman »

We played Chelsea in the 70 FA cup semi final too!....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Nothing positive to say about Chelsea, they've always been scum.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Chelsea v Leeds

1) Koch is a major doubt apparently, if that is the case what changes would you make to our starting line-up

Would presume Struyk in - but it may be Ayling into CB with Dallas RB and Alioski LB. Would that free up the number 10 position for Rodrigo?

Probably Werner

3) If there is one player you could pluck from the current Chelsea team, who would it be?

None. Not sure if any would fit into our system. That's not to say they aren't good players just that as we have seen when people have questioned Bamford starting every week players need to fit into the Bielsa system and sometimes better individual players can't fit in.

4) What are your favourite Chelsea/Leeds moments (away from ER) from years gone by?

The 3-0 win over them in the title winning season. Came at an important time and was perhaps the start of the brief Cantona love affair. I think it gave us renewed belief.

Tony Dorigo and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Think definitely one of those. To be honest with this Leeds side we are equally capable of any of those choices and it could well boil down to a key moment or two in the match - similar as to how if we'd scored first v Leicester the match could have been so different and equally if Bamford's equaliser against Palace wasn't ruled out we maybe draw or win that game.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

If Koch is out I think Bielsa will push Ayling into the centre back role with Dallas playing right back. Maybe Struik or Rodrigo to play alongside Klich or even Shackleton.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
gessa

Post by gessa »

HarryofOz wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:31 am If Koch is out I think Bielsa will push Ayling into the centre back role with Dallas playing right back. Maybe Struik or Rodrigo to play alongside Klich or even Shackleton.
I'm sure Shackleton is on the injury list too Harry.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

gessa wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:35 am I'm sure Shackleton is on the injury list too Harry.
Okay, thanks,
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
gessa

Post by gessa »

I would think it will be Ayling to CB, Dallas to RB and Rod coming in. Big risk to play Struijk in this one.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Struijk comes in and leave as is, although would try and find room for Rodrigo and introduce him from the bench

Timo Werner is a quality striker and can score from nothing

Werner for the same reason

We had a decent win in 94 or 95 (?) when TY bagged a brace from memory in a 3-0 win

To be fair they've had some decent players (as most clubs have) over the years - going back to the 70's the likes of Alan Hudson, Michael Essien I thought was always an excellent player, Vialli (just because he always seems a really decent bloke) and more recently Eden Hazard - although I don't know if MB would tolerate his seeming attitude when he didn't seemed to arsed in some games - but a world class player.

I reckon a high scoring game (that's the kiss of death then) and unfortunately we'll go down by the odd goal - 4 v 3
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Zola.

Loved Zola, such a silky player and a nice guy.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ayling is the obvious choice @ CB, though starting with Struijk would mean only one positional change

Werner/Zouma

Kante

Chelsea 2-5 Leeds - Five different scorers for Leeds (1969/70)

Bonetti/Tambling/Dorigo/JFH/Zola/Hazard

Forecasted a 1-3 Leeds victory :shock:
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Is it wrong to say I hate Chelsea even more than I hate Scum?

I desperately want to win this game. Beating either of those two sides is what will mark our true return to the EPL.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:41 pm Is it wrong to say I hate Chelsea even more than I hate Scum?

I desperately want to win this game. Beating either of those two sides is what will mark our true return to the EPL.
Absolutely not..I agree.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:40 pm Zola.

Loved Zola, such a silky player and a nice guy.
Highly regarded CJay, one of a very few applauded off when subbed at ER , the only other one I remember was Gazza, when he came on as a sub for Everton
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Struijk would involve only one positional change... but MB has created a team with so many options, would drive you crazy trying to guess...Imagine what the opp's managers think! :lol:

Timo Werner

Don't want anyone tainted by Fat Fwank Lumpard :mrgreen:

1970 FA Cup Final... Dubbed the most brutal game in English football history... I honestly cannot think of a player today who would be able to play 90 minutes in that game(s)

"Chopper" Harris.... Hunter/Harris confrontations always outstanding.

Capable of winning, as we have proved this year, heart wants this... but am thinking a draw, will be more than happy.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Wouldn't mind seeing Pulisic on our side. Would love to see the best American player learn under Bielsa.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

I'm not sure Llorente is up to playing yet, at least not against Chelsea away. I'd move Ayling inside and play Dallas at RB, Alio at LB, Rodders at 10 to address the changes to last weeks team.

Ziyech looks a good one, but I would say Pulisic is the most dangerous. Strong direct runner.

Werner, to fix our goal scoring. He was a goal machine before Chelsea and I still think he would be in the right system.

1970 cup final comes to mind, but for some reason I don't remember all that many matches between us.

Zola was great to watch and a likable fella. But for me Peter Osgood. Just a read of his Wiki page.

Heart says draw, head says lose :cry:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:22 am Morning Folks,

Odd that there was no news about Koch during the week then it is claimed hasnt trained...

From Chelsea Id have Werner and Chilwell.
Chilwell looks a decent wing-back Ian. Bielsa would make even better