Scumwall at it again

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Scumwall at it again

Post by Ratscoot »

Their first game were they are allowed “fans” into the ground and large sections of them boo as the players take the knee before kick off :shock:

Absolute bell ends now let’s watch the Corrupt EFL fall over themselves to not do anything
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Scumwall at it again

Post by Fridge »

Scum
We are Premier League
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

The Wall keeping up their great reputation :lol:
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Ratscoot wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:03 pm Their first game were they are allowed “fans” into the ground and large sections of them boo as the players take the knee before kick off :shock:

Absolute bell ends now let’s watch the Corrupt EFL fall over themselves to not do anything
Should be fairly easy to ban them for life now if Millwall don't want to come across as a racist club.
Honey dipped flim flam
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

A statement from this vile club, but no threats of life bans, finding the culprits, which should be extremely easy or even an apology

https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2020/ ... statement/
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
LUFC_BOS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LUFC_BOS »

Would has have expected this from their fans. Not a lot has changed at the Den in this respect.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Some think taking a knee has run its course and just become an empty gesture.

Didnt Les Ferdinand say similar?

And has to be said some elements of the BLM movement are iffy, google Sasha Johnson.

But booing people taking a knee? Really?
Irish Ian

Post by Irish Ian »

Protesting against a protest
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Which is protesting for racism?
Honey dipped flim flam
Irish Ian

Post by Irish Ian »

Maybe they are just tired with having to witness what has become by now in the view of many, and empty ceremony.
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Maybe ..still a racist action
Honey dipped flim flam
WestgateRun
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by WestgateRun »

The FA has made a rod for it's own back, by making a political protest mandatory in their sport.
Eventually they will have to phase out this tiresome ceremony, and face the inevitable social media storm .
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

I think it's run its now course anyway. Don't agree with booing though. But we have Kick it Out for racism anyway?
Byebyegeegee
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Byebyegeegee »

There but for the grace of God springs to mind. I believe most football fans are getting very stalled of this charade at the beginning of every match, which imo has now become a meaningless and empty gesture.

We still have “kick it out” as far as I know and clubs should be supporting that initiative not showing support for a self confessed Marxist/Anarchist political group, one of who’s main aims is to abolish the police and who’s ultimate aim, I would imagine, is the destruction of society as we know it.

Come on the FA just call it a day, we really do not want politics in sport.

And no, I’m not a racist!
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

I had a look at lions TV on YouTube. It seems that on MOT there is a perception that millwall fans are not very intelligent, yet they were able to differentiate between the two different agendas at play during the taking the knee ceremony. Namely black lives matter and anti-discrimination. These two sets of ideas have been conflated and as a result there is much confusion about what the booing was directed at. They would insist that it is not against black people

The booing it seems was directed against the Marxist black lives matter movement and ideology from America that has a political agenda, (think violent protests and riots in the streets and the burning of shops with a sprinkling of Antifa) But the press and the media have regarded the booing as being racist, which is the easy conclusion to jump to given millwalls skinhead white working class support... and their infamous hooligan firm. We all love a stereotype... it helps us with our prejudices.

They would seem to be saying the booing is against the unthinking appropriation of a ceremony that originated in America that has now become synonymous with BLM, and furthermore it is the media that has twisted it to give the impression that it's a protest against black people.

The sooner everybody gets up off their knees the better. Black and white alike.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Didnt know until now.

The day before the club released a statement on behalf of the players having not said anything before.

So even Millwall FC knows they have quite a lot of idiot fans and felt the need to grovel for decorum.
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

Cjay wrote:
Didnt know until now.

The day before the club released a statement on behalf of the players having not said anything before.

So even Millwall FC knows they have quite a lot of idiot fans and felt the need to grovel for decorum.
They try to make the distinction between discrimination and any support for a political ideology and they do not conflate the two sets of beliefs.

“We wish to make clear that taking the knee, for us, is in no way representative of any agreement with political messaging or ideology. It is purely about tackling discrimination, as has been the case throughout.

“We will continue to do this until the start of the New Year when a new and comprehensive anti-discrimination strategy will be announced by the club.”

Byebyegeegee
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Byebyegeegee »

rab_rant wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:01 pm
They would seem to be saying the booing is against the unthinking appropriation of a ceremony that originated in America that has now become synonymous with BLM, and furthermore it is the media that has twisted it to give the impression that it's a protest against black people.

I’m glad that Millwall, it seems, are going to stop taking the knee in the new year and hope that all other clubs do the same.

I’ve no doubt the main stream media will spin it as racist but they, including the BBC (almost unwatchable these days) are hell bent on promoting (actually ramming down our throats) the fallacy that everyone in the country is irredeemably racist. It’s tiresome and patently untrue.

The FA seem determined to do the opposite but let’s keep politics out of sport.
Boo Radley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Boo Radley »

rab_rant wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:01 pm I had a look at lions TV on YouTube. It seems that on MOT there is a perception that millwall fans are not very intelligent, yet they were able to differentiate between the two different agendas at play during the taking the knee ceremony. Namely black lives matter and anti-discrimination. These two sets of ideas have been conflated and as a result there is much confusion about what the booing was directed at. They would insist that it is not against black people

The booing it seems was directed against the Marxist black lives matter movement and ideology from America that has a political agenda, (think violent protests and riots in the streets and the burning of shops with a sprinkling of Antifa) But the press and the media have regarded the booing as being racist, which is the easy conclusion to jump to given millwalls skinhead white working class support... and their infamous hooligan firm. We all love a stereotype... it helps us with our prejudices.

The sooner everybody gets up off their knees the better. Black and white alike.

Wow! You have given a deep and layered meaning to the booing yesterday like you had spoken to everyone involved.

Do you really think that “The booing it seems was directed against the Marxist black lives matter movement and the ideology from America that has a political agenda, (think violent protests and rioting on the streets and the burning of shops with a sprinkling of Antifa )”? Aside from you using the Trump election script, you are crediting these thugs with a level of political analysis that isn’t in their remit and about which they simply don’t care.

This is all about them being racists, end of.
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

Boo Radley wrote:
Wow! You have given a deep and layered meaning to the booing yesterday like you had spoken to everyone involved.

Do you really think that “The booing it seems was directed against the Marxist black lives matter movement and the ideology from America that has a political agenda, (think violent protests and rioting on the streets and the burning of shops with a sprinkling of Antifa )”? Aside from you using the Trump election script, you are crediting these thugs with a level of political analysis that isn’t in their remit and about which they simply don’t care.

This is all about them being racists, end of.
I am only quoting some of the comments that were made on Lions TV on Youtube... don't shoot the messenger. I too was surprised that the Millwall "thugs" were capable of any critical analysis of the matter or make a cogent argument that was clear logical and convincing... it is not something you would expect from your stereotypical Millwall fan.

The booing went on for 1 minute... is it not rather hypocritical that the media says nothing about the caterwaulling that followed Llorente at Stamford Bridge whenever he touched the ball. I found that rather discriminatory that he should be singled out for such continuous abuse, perhaps if he had been black something would have been written about it.