Player Ratings v Chelsea (a)

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Ratings v Chelsea (a)

Post by 1964white »

Meslier
Ayling
Koch N/A
Cooper
Alioski
Phillips
Dallas
Raphinha
Klich
Harrison
Bamford
subs
Llorente
Poveda
Rodrigo
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Player Ratings v Chelsea (a)

Post by faaip »

Meslier - 9 - Could be one of the best we've ever had
Ayling - 7.
Koch N/A - Missed him big time, if he came into the game injured he shouldn't have started.
Cooper - 7 - Did ok, culpable for their winner (the second) for me and didn't do enough in the air
Alioski - 7 - Couple of cracking tackles and after a dodgy start got better,
Phillips - 8.5 - Excellent today for the most part
Dallas - 6 - Not his best game for me, seemed to struggle versus the better quality
Raphinha - 7.5 - Some really nice football a lot of which went begging
Klich - 8.5 - Ran our midfield, never stopped running and was in position to put in some nice crosses he had to pull out of
Harrison - 6 - Good defensively for the most part but lost his man for their first
Bamford -

subs

Llorente - 6.5 - Chelsea fans got after our debutante but after a dodgy start he flashed ability.
Poveda - 7 - Lively, I think he's one to come on v tiring teams to scare them with pace.
Rodrigo - 7.5 - We looked a lot better with him on
Honey dipped flim flam
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Meslier - a few jittery moments with his kicking, which could have proved costly. However his shot stopping was excellent. 8
Ayling - Like most of the team some good moments but not at his best. 6
Koch N/A
Cooper - Thought he had a good first half, bailing out the team a couple of times when mistakes had been made. Never easy trying to forge understandings on the fly. 7
Alioski - Gave his all but for me is better from the bench. 6
Phillips - Tough game but showed his class and looked composed throughout. 8
Dallas - Steady but not much of an influence. 6
Raphinha - Some bright moments but faded in the second half. 6
Klich - His usual self 7
Harrison - Frustrating with his final ball and then seemed to see less and less of the ball 6
Bamford - Took his goal superbly but was often isolated. Unlucky with the shot he tried to place, good idea but needed a bit more power. 7
subs
Llorente - Thought he had a decent game especially considering he was thrown in. A couple of jittery moments but also some superb moments of composure. Looks like he is suited to the Ben White role of being able to come out of defence with the ball. 7
Poveda - Always lively and tricky. I am glad he is getting regular minutes 7
Rodrigo - We need to get him into the starting line-up. Not enough time to really impact the game but he tried 7
Senor El Weasel
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

Meslier...7.5
2 bad mistakes, but still did enough to get a good rating.
Ayling...7
Cracks starting to appear in Luke's game.
Koch N/A...
Missed him big time at the back. It's a player's call if they are ready to go, admire his gut's, as he obviously wasn't.
Cooper...7.5
Can't agree to lay the blame of the winner on one man's back, the whole line fell down. Coops was definately the best of the back 4 today.
Alioski...7
Very erratic today, at times looked world class and other's looked lost. some good tackles.
Phillips...7.5
Did a good job, as he always does, but not up to what we expect from him. Pass to Paddy was sublime.
Dallas...6.5
Really looked out of place today, definatley way of par.
Raphinha...7
Seemed to be a step ahead of the other's at times. Would have been 8 but I hated his prima donna performance, Kante barely (if indeed did) touch him.
Klich...7.5
Steady Eddy, covered a lot of ground today.
Harrison...6
I simply cannot understand how he can so consistently fail to cross a decent ball, he has all the ability in the world.
Bamford...7.5
Took a sublime pass from Kalvin, dealt with a defender, went left to slide the ball home. Perfect strikers goal. Not a lot of support remainder of the game.

subs
Llorente...7 Thrown in at the deep end, I am sure this was not MB's plan, but I liked what I saw for his first game.
Poveda...6.5
Little dynamo... would have prefered Rodrigo to come on at this point.
Rodrigo...7 see above.
Side before self & MOT
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Meslier - 8.5 - Some fine stops kept us in the game; gave the ball away a few times, though
Ayling - 7 - Usual "work his tail off" performance
Koch N/A - His absence hurt. Based on how we defended set pieces without him, we had to try using him.
Cooper - 7 - Played well, but caught flat-footed a couple of times, particularly on the second goal.
Alioski - 6 - Lord, how he tried, but he simply wasn't up to it today. Great effort, but got left in the dust
Phillips - 8.5 - Best player on the pitch in the first half. His pass for the goal was sublime.
Dallas - 6 - (See Alioski)
Raphinha - 8 - Showing himself to be real class
Klich - 8 - A bright spot today
Harrison - 6 - Raphina hit him with a beautiful pass about ten yards out, and he whiffed.
Bamford - 7.5 - Goal very well taken; broke up a few attacks in their infancy

subs

Llorente - 7 - Thrown into the fire in the worst possible way and acquitted himself well.
Poveda - 6.5 - full of sound and fury, signifying very little
Rodrigo - 7.5 - He needs to start.
CHAPELALLMAN
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

faaip wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:49 pm Meslier - 9 - Could be one of the best we've ever had
Ayling - 7.
Koch N/A - Missed him big time, if he came into the game injured he shouldn't have started.
Cooper - 7 - Did ok, culpable for their winner (the second) for me and didn't do enough in the air
Alioski - 7 - Couple of cracking tackles and after a dodgy start got better,
Phillips - 8.5 - Excellent today for the most part
Dallas - 6 - Not his best game for me, seemed to struggle versus the better quality
Raphinha - 7.5 - Some really nice football a lot of which went begging
Klich - 8.5 - Ran our midfield, never stopped running and was in position to put in some nice crosses he had to pull out of
Harrison - 6 - Good defensively for the most part but lost his man for their first
Bamford -

subs

Llorente - 6.5 - Chelsea fans got after our debutante but after a dodgy start he flashed ability.
Poveda - 7 - Lively, I think he's one to come on v tiring teams to scare them with pace.
Rodrigo - 7.5 - We looked a lot better with him on
Is Harrison on the pitch to be ' good defensively for the most part ' ?
CHAPELALLMAN
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:13 pm Meslier...7.5
2 bad mistakes, but still did enough to get a good rating.
Ayling...7
Cracks starting to appear in Luke's game.
Koch N/A...
Missed him big time at the back. It's a player's call if they are ready to go, admire his gut's, as he obviously wasn't.
Cooper...7.5
Can't agree to lay the blame of the winner on one man's back, the whole line fell down. Coops was definately the best of the back 4 today.
Alioski...7
Very erratic today, at times looked world class and other's looked lost. some good tackles.
Phillips...7.5
Did a good job, as he always does, but not up to what we expect from him. Pass to Paddy was sublime.
Dallas...6.5
Really looked out of place today, definatley way of par.
Raphinha...7
Seemed to be a step ahead of the other's at times. Would have been 8 but I hated his prima donna performance, Kante barely (if indeed did) touch him.
Klich...7.5
Steady Eddy, covered a lot of ground today.
Harrison...6
I simply cannot understand how he can so consistently fail to cross a decent ball, he has all the ability in the world.
Bamford...7.5
Took a sublime pass from Kalvin, dealt with a defender, went left to slide the ball home. Perfect strikers goal. Not a lot of support remainder of the game.

subs
Llorente...7 Thrown in at the deep end, I am sure this was not MB's plan, but I liked what I saw for his first game.
Poveda...6.5
Little dynamo... would have prefered Rodrigo to come on at this point.
Rodrigo...7 see above.
So Harrison has ' all the ability in the world ' yet he can't cross a ball and nearly always fluffs easy chances to score ? I just don't get the undying loyalty of some fans to an average championship player who needs axing pronto. To me it's like saying that a F1 driver has all the ability in the world but he can't put in a decent lap time.
Last edited by CHAPELALLMAN on Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:10 am Is Harrison on the pitch to be ' good defensively for the most part ' ?
It's in his job description so yes.
Honey dipped flim flam
CHAPELALLMAN
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

faaip wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:22 am It's in his job description so yes.
Fine. Just a shame that he usually contributes little of significance as a left winger, as I thought that was his primary job description.
Leeds1000
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Leeds1000 »

Meslier 8: Kept us in the game on numerous occasions. A few bad passes, but more than made up for it. Chelsea closed down any space, particularly second half but he still realeased the ball when he could.

Ayling 7: Good first half got into some good positions, failed to get forward second half due to Chelsea closing off the space. Culpable like the rest of the defence at set-pieces.

Koch N/A

Cooper 8: Cooper had another good game for me. Made some crucial challenges and always showed up for the ball. Can't have been easy when Koch went off. Not good enough from set-pieces.

Alioski 6: Caught out afew times down the left. Like a few of our players tonight coming up against quality opposition showed a few weaknesses. Alio looked a bit of the pace for me.

Phillips 7: Good first half, but like the rest of the team he looked lost when Chelsea closed off the space. Passes backwards more in the second half than i have seen him do all season. Became a bit desperate towards the end.

Dallas 6: A bit like Alioski, plenty off running but lacked a bit of quality tonight against top class players. Like most of our players better first half.

Raphinha 7: Good moments in the game. I wanted him to get on the ball more as he makes things happen. Still settling in. Silly rash challenge at the death to get booked.

Klich 7: Usual Klich always looking to create. Like the rest of the side found space hard to come by second half.

Harrison 5: Poor game for me by Jack. Crossing poor, touch most of the time poor, he was frustrating to watch tonight. It must be his defensive qualities that keeps him in the side. Costa, Poveda or Raph don't defend aswell as jack and that's why he must be keeping his place.

Bamford 7: Lovely goal early on, ran around all night without any real quality service.

subs
Llorente 7: Thrown into the lions den against the best team i have seen this season. It was always going to be tough. The Chelsea fans gave him a nice welcome. Couple of mistakes but i'm not going to be too hard on him.

Poveda 6: He's got great tight control but i'm not sure if he's knows where he's going with it. Personally think i would rather see Costa who has more pace. If he went down possibly would have got the penalty?

Rodrigo 7: Bright spark again Rodders must be knocking on the door to start again now we have lost.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:15 am So Harrison has ' all the ability in the world ' yet he can't cross a ball and nearly always fluffs easy chances to score ? I just don't get the undying loyalty of some fans to an average championship player who needs axing pronto. To me it's like saying that a F1 driver has all the ability in the world but he can't put in a decent lap time.
You or MB?... think I will go with MB...OK whats your solution?... do you have a couple of hundred mill to splash out that you can loan Radz?... thats what it will take for us to be a Chelski or Citeh......but then again I dont want to be Chelski or Citeh...I like whats happening...

Only advice I can offer you is , look for a team that you find easier to support... as obviously you do not support Leeds realisticly.
Side before self & MOT
andrewjohnsmith
First Team
First Team

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Meslier 7

Made some great saves in the 2nd half, but at times he looked lost at sea. Distribution was terrible on a couple of occasions. The saves improve his rating, but he really had a bad game overall

Ayling 8

Not much wrong on the defensive end and was one of our most effective players going forward

Koch N/A

He was looking pretty good until,

Cooper 9

Best game he's played in the premier league. Saw him badly out of position once in the opening minutes and started with the "not good enough" cries. After that, he had a tremendous game. He made several excellent sliding tackles and blocks and looked really busy and proactive trying to move things forward. Not convinced he's the long-term answer, but he did show PL capability tonight.

Alioski 7

Decent game defensively. Made a lot of good interventions and sliding tackles. Couldn't help the cause going forward though

Phillips 8

What a run and what a pass to Bamford. That was sublime and I'll watch it all season long. Rest of the game was much more ragged. Lots of misplaced passes, but did defend well.

Dallas 5
Great game last week, complete passenger in midfield tonight. He was supposed to bring us stability but our midfield was totally dominated tonight. It was a relief to see him move to LB late on and remember that he was actually playing.

Raphinha 6

A few good glimpses but nothing effectual. He was anonymous for long periods. At least he put in the work and defended well, for the most part.

Klich 7
Solid shift. Worked busily throughout and was part of most of the good moves going forward, albeit with nothing special to speak of

Harrison 7

Looked impressive and dangerous at times but lacking the end product. We'd have probably being better off if he didn't get substituted.

Bamford 7
Fantastic finish. Looks every bit a top class PL striker. He was quiet for the rest of the game but that's down more to our poor build-up play.

subs
Llorente 7

One glaring mistake in the 1st half, but otherwise a solid debut

Poveda 6
A couple of good runs and could have bought a penalty. But he just seems to be missing a few parts to his game.

Rodrigo 6
Not given enough time to establish himself
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Blimey there are some high scores on here when one has to concede we took a battering at The Bridge
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Meslier 9
The young man can hold his head up high as he got precious assistance from his elders in front of him

Ayling 4
Never got into the game, too many sloppy passes

Koch
Unfortunate to pick an injury so early in the game

Cooper 5
Decent interceptions on the ground, not so commanding in the air

Alioski 4
Outdone so many times defensively down our left side

Phillips 7
Great pass for our goal & one of our better players

Dallas 4
Struggled thoughout the game

Raphinha 6
Looked lively in the first-half, faded 2nd half although had a great opportunity to equalise at 2-1

Klich 6
Neat & tidy as ever

Harrison 4
Really poor & ineffective

Bamford 7
Took his goal really well to give us hope, god knows where we would be without Paddy's goals

SUBS

Llorente 5
Thrown in the deep-end, naturally was rusty vs a potent Chelsea attack

Poveda 5

Still not ready especially v a top six side, Costa would have been a better sub imo!

Rodrigo 6

Gave us a little bit more up top, difficult for our £27m man as Chelsea were swamping us by the time of his arrival on the pitch
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Meslier 7 - Kept us in the game especially in the second half but some of his passing last night :shock:
Ayling 6.5 - Did well defensively and breaking forward but like the rest of the defence got over run at
Cooper 6 - some good interceptions but often found ball watching and got over run
Alioski 5.5 - A couple of decent interceptions but was completely over run at times, should have come off at half time to give Rod more time on the pitch.
Phillips 7.5 - excellent first half and that ball for the goal :P but Chelski realised stop Kalvin stops Leeds so changed it up in the second
Dallas 5.5 - Not his best game, currently our best left back but playing centre mid when we have a far better CM sat on the bench
Raphinha 6.5 - At times looks excellent on the ball and got back to help defend
Klich 7 - Mr reliable
Harrison 5.5 - James had him in his back pocket most of the game, he needs to start delivering soon
Bamford 6 - took the goal really well but looked very lonely at times

Subs
Llorente 6.5 - shame his first game for us was off the bench in the game and don’t like two left foot CBs playing together
Poveda 6 - Love this lad, always looking to attack, honest for the penalty should have been given
Rodrigo 6 - Needs to be starting
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Leeds1000
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Leeds1000 »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:54 am Blimey there are some high scores on here when one has to concede we took a battering at The Bridge
All about context for me 64. We may be looking at the league Champions in Chelsea. I thought their all round game is the best i have seen so far. They have 2 very good first teams. To go to Savilla mid-week and change 9/10 players and still beat them 4-0 shows what they are about. I still think they will get better aswell. In my opinion if we are lucky we may reach that level in 5 years with our drip drip investment.
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

Meslier - 8
Ayling - 6.5
Koch - N/A
Cooper - 8
Alioski - 6
Raphinha - 6.5
Phillips - 7
Klich - 6.5
Dallas - 5
Harrison - 5
Bamford 5.5

Llorente - 6
Poveda - 6
Rodrigo - 6.5
CHAPELALLMAN
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:58 am You or MB?... think I will go with MB...OK whats your solution?... do you have a couple of hundred mill to splash out that you can loan Radz?... thats what it will take for us to be a Chelski or Citeh......but then again I dont want to be Chelski or Citeh...I like whats happening...

Only advice I can offer you is , look for a team that you find easier to support... as obviously you do not support Leeds realisticly.
Err, well how about starting Costa instead of Harrison - you know, that player we bought for 15m...?

I know you think Bielsa is a god who is beyond all scrutiny, but for me he's a very good manager/coach who encourages good attacking, attractive football. His record speaks for itself in that by his own admission he has won very little in the game compared to many successful managers. He has done well for us so far, but if he achieves even half of what our third best manager, David O'Leary, achieved ( 4th, 3rd, 4th and and 5th in the PL in his 4 years in charge, plus two successive European semis including the Champions League ) then some fans would probably create a shrine and altar in their house for him...Being a bit OTT at times is a bit of a habit with some fans. How does the poem go ; ' If you can meet with triumph and disaster and treat those two impostors just the same...'

Actually I was born in Leeds and still spend much of my time in Leeds. I notice that you turn healthy debate about players etc into barbed personal comments directed at the poster. I don't know what you do in life, but discussion and debate are clearly not your thing. Since you insist on turning fan's debate into personal digs then what if you were to support the Vancouver Whitecaps instead of the Whites of Leeds United ? This might be more appropriate given that you are living thousands of miles away from Elland Road ....

Regarding Harrison - he actually had fewer touches and passes than Meslier managed....
Last edited by CHAPELALLMAN on Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currie14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Currie14 »

Meslier 8 - some wonder saves and some heart attack moments but those didn't cost a goal like they do when kiko is in net.

Ayling 5 - Struggled.
Koch N/A
Cooper 5 - Should've really takeed charge, didn't.
Alioski 6 - Average
Phillips 7.5 - Not one of his better games, seemed to be roaming around more than normal! The pass adds 0.5.
Dallas 4 - Looked to be running in quicksand, all those games caught up with him?
Raphinha - 7 Our best winger....
Klich 7 - as ever lots of unseen work.
Harrison 4 - One of the best 1st touches i've ever seen then crap crosses.
Bamford 7 - Lovely goal, no service.
subs
Llorente 6.5 - Mixed bag but who can blame him, will be okay unless he's injured again now!
Poveda 6 - Nice touches but has he created anything yet? Commendable to stay up when fouled but a penalty would've been better.
Rodrigo 7 - Class act, should be starting.
CHAPELALLMAN
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Currie14 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:53 pm Meslier 8 - some wonder saves and some heart attack moments but those didn't cost a goal like they do when kiko is in net.

Ayling 5 - Struggled.
Koch N/A
Cooper 5 - Should've really takeed charge, didn't.
Alioski 6 - Average
Phillips 7.5 - Not one of his better games, seemed to be roaming around more than normal! The pass adds 0.5.
Dallas 4 - Looked to be running in quicksand, all those games caught up with him?
Raphinha - 7 Our best winger....
Klich 7 - as ever lots of unseen work.
Harrison 4 - One of the best 1st touches i've ever seen then crap crosses.
Bamford 7 - Lovely goal, no service.
subs
Llorente 6.5 - Mixed bag but who can blame him, will be okay unless he's injured again now!
Poveda 6 - Nice touches but has he created anything yet? Commendable to stay up when fouled but a penalty would've been better.
Rodrigo 7 - Class act, should be starting.
With Harrison usually one good missed chance every game as well...