The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (New Years Eve) Leeds Utd labelled as "inciteful and inappropriate" over Carney witch hunt

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (New Years Eve) Leeds Utd labelled as "inciteful and inappropriate" over witch hunt

Post by Ellandback1 »

gessa wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:10 pm And this is Red

Now I know you estate agents like to embellish things but it's more purple than red ;-)
:) :) :)
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (New Years Eve) Leeds Utd labelled as "inciteful and inappropriate" over Carney witch hun

Post by becchio bear »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:13 pm Afternoon :bear:

Aren't pundits there to be shot at, up to an extent?

Most of em love it, and give it back both barrels.

I don't think we should be treating her any differently, because she's female (AS LONG as its not abuse).
Afternoon Elland.

Yes of course they are there to be shot at! She takes the money, she spouts her nonsense and then expects to be wrapped up in cotton wool!! This is football, it's just not gonna happen. The official tweet didn't even mention her...... just an excerpt of what she said and then a fact about our season. Perhaps she should take today to reflect on her wrongdoings, seeing as it is New Year's Eve her resolution should be to do some fecking research before she pundits the next game!! Oh and whilst she's at it, perhaps take a refresher course in how to apply makeup :lol: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (New Years Eve) Leeds Utd labelled as "inciteful and inappropriate" over Carney witch hun

Post by Ellandback1 »

becchio bear wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:25 pm Afternoon Elland.

Yes of course they are there to be shot at! She takes the money, she spouts her nonsense and then expects to be wrapped up in cotton wool!! This is football, it's just not gonna happen. The official tweet didn't even mention her...... just an excerpt of what she said and then a fact about our season. Perhaps she should take today to reflect on her wrongdoings, seeing as it is New Year's Eve her resolution should be to do some fecking research before she pundits the next game!! Oh and whilst she's at it, perhaps take a refresher course in how to apply makeup :lol: :bear:
Meoooooow :moggy: :-D :-D :-D
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (New Years Eve) Leeds Utd labelled as "inciteful and inappropriate" over witch hunt

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:59 am Some good points Elland.

If the maroon kit bring us good luck then I'm all for it. But let's be honest variations on kits are not fashion statements, it's all about maximizing income :$$:

That's a bit hypocritical by this Women in Sport Group, or whatever they're called to state "Karen Carney is a well-informed pundit. This tweet is inciteful and inappropriate."

Surely the tweet from Leeds was issued because her comment was very ill-informed? Just because she's female doesn't mean that she's immune from criticism, or does it these days? If she'd bothered to check her facts then she wouldn't have made such a crass comment. Leeds, Radz and Ben White have every right to speak up and challenge her stupidity. With her idiot comment she was calling into question our achievements of last season. It took us 16 years to get back to the Prem, and our achievement should not be devalued by some half-wit.

Surely if there was the possibility of burn out then we'd have struggled against WBA, which was far from the case, even though the same players were playing 48 hours after the Burnley match. WBA looked tired, LFC and every other prem side looked tired, but Leeds United didn't.

Karen Carney has chose a career as a footy pundit, therefore she needs to do her research to be classed as well-informed and stop making inciteful and inappropriate comments.
The problem is uninitiated football fans/pundits will believe Carney's words because she is a supposedly respected media person, no doubt there are folk out there uttering the same rubbish to their workmates now
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:31 pm The problem is uninitiated football fans/pundits will believe Carney's words because she is a supposedly respected media person, no doubt there are folk out there uttering the same rubbish to their workmates now
Mate,loads of them have been saying it on the PL board since the start of the season.
Fans like to beat any rival with a stick if they can find something to have a go at, but let's not forget, quite a few of ours,even on here were saying the same thing.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:25 pm Afternoon Elland.

Unless she issues an apology to LUFC & our fanbase I shall be turning the volume down next time she makes an appearance on the telly.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:34 pm Mate,loads of them have been saying it on the PL board since the start of the season.
Fans like to beat any rival with a stick if they can find something to have a go at, but let's not forget, quite a few of ours,even on here were saying the same thing.
Yes mate I've read similar comments whilst visiting other clubs forums. Have to say I can't recall our members saying we were promoted because of covid, I must have missed those posts.

I just don't expect those type of untruths from a pundit, especially a ex-footballer who in my opinion should know better.

One pleasurable moment to come out of it all was Carney's thoughts on Sam Allardyce's managerial skills & her prediction that Big Sam would turn over Leeds which went right up the spout :lol: I assume she is a Midlands lass ?
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:31 pm The problem is uninitiated football fans/pundits will believe Carney's words because she is a supposedly respected media person, no doubt there are folk out there uttering the same rubbish to their workmates now
According to Wiki she retired from playing in July 2019 and then started punditry. Hardly any football played this year due to Covid so not sure how she is being revered as a highly respected pundit tbh..... I wholeheartedly agree with you little old man regarding not listening to anything she spouts. If she's only on Amazon then not really a problem! :bear:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:51 pm According to Wiki she retired from playing in July 2019 and then started punditry. Hardly any football played this year due to Covid so not sure how she is being revered as a highly respected pundit tbh..... I wholeheartedly agree with you little old man regarding not listening to anything she spouts. If she's only on Amazon then not really a problem! :bear:
Don't be surprised if she ends up on Sky young lady
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

becchio bear wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:51 pm According to Wiki she retired from playing in July 2019 and then started punditry. Hardly any football played this year due to Covid so not sure how she is being revered as a highly respected pundit tbh..... I wholeheartedly agree with you little old man regarding not listening to anything she spouts. If she's only on Amazon then not really a problem! :bear:
I remember the last time they showed a game, the commentator kept calling Alioski 'Aloisi" like he was a Lidl brand olive oil.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:01 pm I remember the last time they showed a game, the commentator kept calling Alioski 'Aloisi" like he was a Lidl brand olive oil.
:rol: :rol: :rol:

No surprise there as they can't distinguish Klich & Dallas or Ayling & Harrison in their commentaries :roll:
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:49 pm Yes mate I've read similar comments whilst visiting other clubs forums. Have to say I can't recall our members saying we were promoted because of covid, I must have missed those posts.

I just don't expect those type of untruths from a pundit, especially a ex-footballer who in my opinion should know better.

One pleasurable moment to come out of it all was Carney's thoughts on Sam Allardyce's managerial skills & her prediction that Big Sam would turn over Leeds which went right up the spout :lol: I assume she is a Midlands lass ?
Sorry, I meant comments about Bielsa's teams running out of steam before the end of a season.
Bielsa has won nothing because of it etc etc....
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:00 pm Don't be surprised if she ends up on Sky young lady
Well she will then join a right bunch of whining b*stards :roll: :bear:
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Karen trotted out the same old tired burnout trope and got called out by the official club account for it. Nothing to do with her gender, all to do with being lazy and misinformed. Deserved to be called out for that. What she didn't deserve was the misogynistic pile on from our idiot element. The club did nothing wrong, but it's another stick to beat us with and detracts from what was a brilliant performance on Tuesday night.

That changed kit is maroon, not red. Those getting all hot and bothered about it should think about an eye test, ffs! I wouldn't buy it, but I do quite like it.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Karen Carney.

Made a daft comment, she didnt just say covid may have helped us she said it did. The club defended itself, there is no need for some of our idiot fans to abuse her in the way they did though but more pundits should be called out and how about the disrespect she showed us and our players? Nobody talks about that

Can you imagine the media reaction if she'd said Chelsea only got top 4 because of Covid or Liverpool only won the title because of covid?

Media darlings like Lampard and Klopp would have all there mates piling on.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote: :rol: :rol: :rol:

No surprise there as they can't distinguish Klich & Dallas or Ayling & Harrison in their commentaries :roll:
Beards and Man buns can be so confusing

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:09 pm Sorry, I meant comments about Bielsa's teams running out of steam before the end of a season.
Bielsa has won nothing because of it etc etc....
Oh yes that is a regular blown out theory
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

The comment about incitement is wrong. The Club's comment did not cause the abuse Carney received, so to apply that retroactively, and say the Club shouldn't have commented because they knew it would lead to the abuse is nonsense. It also then creates this whole ridiculous narrative about not being able to criticise a woman, and the pc backlash to that, ad absurdum.

I like the maroon kit. Thought about buying it for me, but then I don't really wear either of the home shirts I've got, so it'd be a waste.
1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (New Years Eve) Leeds Utd labelled as

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:40 pm Beards and Man buns can be so confusing

Of course Rab :)
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (New Years Eve) Leeds Utd labelled as

Post by becchio bear »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:40 pm Beards and Man buns can be so confusing

True rab but only if the beard is so long that it has to be put up into a man bun surely :duno: :bear: