Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Leeds1000
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds

Post by Leeds1000 »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:06 pm Problem is when you've got no creativity, you need players who can create something out of nothing and we took off Rodrigo and Raphinha.
Rodrigo couldn't create a pint in a pub at the minute. What position was he bought to play? Its looking like a lot of money at the minute.
SG90
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds

Post by SG90 »

We can't we just use the loan market?
danhirons
First Team
First Team

Post by danhirons »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:03 pm i posted this just 1 month ago, when i saw what was happenning.

yet i was flamed to hell and back

think there is more than a few might now agree with me
Well it doesn't really make sense because most.of the players didn't play last week or played 45 mins max so shouldn't be tired...
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:10 pm Rodrigo couldn't create a pint in a pub at the minute. What position was he bought to play? Its looking like a lot of money at the minute.
Playing as a 10, but clearly isn't one. When was the last time he did 90 mins?
Prisoner37
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Prisoner37 »

Is it January by any chance?
Scoobychief
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Scoobychief »

what a load of shiite
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:06 pm Problem is when you've got no creativity, you need players who can create something out of nothing and we took off Rodrigo and Raphinha.
The problem is he plays Rodrigo out of position. He usually gets subbed as he's not very good in that position. Don't think he was a Bielsa signing. I'm sure the money spent on him could have been better spent on a AM rather than a not very prolific forward. Not happy.
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

How can they be tired when they had two weeks off? It's the opposite, whenever we have a long break, we look flat. Leicester and Wolves for example. With short breaks, we beat Newcastle and WBA.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:11 pm Playing as a 10, but clearly isn't one. When was the last time he did 90 mins?
Why dont we sign players who suit the system? Isnt that Orta's job?

Costa didnt suit the system.

Llorente is a right cb when we need a left cb to replace Cooper

Rodders is a false 9 which we dont play being shoehorned into a 8/10 position which is the role we needed to sign a player for anyway.

Was excited about Rodrigo but he is definitely the wrong player, if it was a De Paul or a Rodrigoit had to be De Paul.

Why didnt we sign any full backs?

Why didnt we replace Forshaw?
Last edited by Cjay on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leeds1000
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Leeds1000 »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:03 pm i posted this just 1 month ago, when i saw what was happenning.

What you fail to answer Peter is what next? Allardyce? Pulis? We are well aware of the squad limitations...If you can find me a manager who would get more out of this average squad...I'm in!
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

MightyWhites wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:13 pm The problem is he plays Rodrigo out of position. He usually gets subbed as he's not very good in that position. Don't think he was a Bielsa signing. I'm sure the money spent on him could have been better spent on a AM rather than a not very prolific forward. Not happy.
He was an Orta/Radz showbiz/'name' signing, rather than what we needed. Can see him sold in the summer at a loss tbh.
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

danhirons wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:11 pm Well it doesn't really make sense because most.of the players didn't play last week or played 45 mins max so shouldn't be tired...
its the high intensity training.....they call it murder ball i believe.

too much time making them superfit, but too knackered to play.

need to concentrate more on tactics

Totally get that without MB we would still be in championship, but bielsaball does not work in pl
gessa
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by gessa »

So who you bringing in to improve this squad of players.
Cum autem foeda erant amittimus sumus vincimus foeda
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:14 pm Why dont we sign players who suit the system? Isnt that Orta's job?

Costa didnt suit the system.

Llorente is a right cb when we need a left cb to replace Cooper

Rodders is a false 9 which we dont play being shoehorned into a 8/10 position which is the role we needed to sign a player for anyway.

Was excited about Rodrigo but he is definitely the wrong player, if it was a De Paul or a Rodrigoit had to be De Paul.

Why didnt we sign any full backs?

Why didnt we replace Forshaw?
Because the club are stupid and delusional. It's obvious some players wouldn't be good enough, you can't be loyal forever.

Forshaw needs to do the decent thing and retire, rather than bleeding us dry. Radz will probably give him a new contract though.
Leeds1000
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Leeds1000 »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:11 pm Playing as a 10, but clearly isn't one. When was the last time he did 90 mins?
He's not a 10 for me. 9 is probably his best position but the way we isolate the 9 he would struggle there aswell. He's not the aggressive type.
gessa
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by gessa »

Prisoner37 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:12 pm Is it January by any chance?
Never been a good month for us, as it
Cum autem foeda erant amittimus sumus vincimus foeda
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

So why did we try to sign Cuisance if we don't need a CM? Spending money for the sake of it or just lying to cover their backs?
Ron Swanson
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Ron Swanson »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:10 pm Bielsa isnt perfect, his faith in certain players is baffling, this manifests iteslf into some players playing ridiculous positions and as a consequence the system falling apart.

That being said we have imo a relegation level squad (as most newly do) and would definitely be relegated without MB and wouldn't have been promoted in the first place.
Alioski wasn’t first choice in the championship, yet he plays most weeks in the PL.

Bielsa really can’t rate Shackleton if he’ll pick Struijk in midfield ahead of him.

The whole thing is a clusterfuck. More players out of position than in.

If Hockaday was doing that week in week out fans would be going berserk.
SaraM
Manager
Manager

Post by SaraM »

Each season with MB we have a rough patch around midway. Every time, without fail, fans lose their s**t and go into apocalypse mode. Every time, there are also reasons to see, with injuries, forced rotations, loss of form and, more rarely, superior play or tactics from the opposition. Every time also, we've shown the character, desire and quality to come through it and succeed. We are where we are for a reason. We have a superior coach, some excellent players, and a superb spirit and philosophy.

We were never going to win every game at this level. Is this the first time we've lost to a lower placed club? It takes us time to click into gear and build momentum. I feared a Cup hangover for this reason. We need games and continuity, not breaks and constant disruption. Players are returning to fitness and from suspension... we'll get it back.
Staring at the seashell
Waiting for it to embrace me
hector

Post by hector »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:16 pm its the high intensity training.....they call it murder ball i believe.

too much time making them superfit, but too knackered to play.

need to concentrate more on tactics

Totally get that without MB we would still be in championship, but bielsaball does not work in pl
Sorry but that is a crock of crap....

I was in the army as you know...
The harder we trained the easier it was in a war zone, and we were certainly beasted a lot back at camp, and we would never have survived a battle had we not been so fit.

So in summary, training hard does not make you loose fitness or stamina.