Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - No Meslier for Leeds as Casilla starts in net

Post by 1964white »

Why did Bielsa make out that everyone was available apart from Phillips?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - No Meslier for Leeds as Casilla starts in net

Post by Cjay »

Casilla in goal and Roberts back on the bench.

Two players i hoped never to see in a Leeds shirt again :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread

Post by White Riot »

Fridge wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:06 pm After seeing Kiko is between the sticks, if you'd offer me a draw now I'd bite your hand off.

Brighton without a win in 9. This is exactly the kind of game Leeds love to lose.
Defo take a draw mate.
Maupay salivates like Pavlov's 🐕 when he hears the name Casilla :lol:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:07 pm Why did Bielsa make out that everyone was available apart from Phillips?
Maybe they were at the time he said that ....
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Come on Kiko prove us all wrong lad :scarfe2: :clapp: :shirtw:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:07 pm Why did Bielsa make out that everyone was available apart from Phillips?
Didn't want Brighton prematurely ejaculating when they heard Casilla was playing :duno:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

The journalists rarely ask Bielsa good questions is why.

I don't what it is today but for me this game has Wigan at home - 2020 version written all over it.

Hopefully a good start to the game will help.

Casilla has a huge chance to turn his furr7b3s around today.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Perhaps Meslier being unavailable is a recent development.

Would say he said all were available to confuse Potter, but that doesn't seem to be Bielsa's style.

Phil Hay reports that to his understanding, Meslier has covid.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

That's possibly why MB was strongly backing Kiko in the presser?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Fridge wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:12 pm Perhaps Meslier being unavailable is a recent development.

Would say he said all were available to confuse Potter, but that doesn't seem to be Bielsa's style.

Phil Hay reports that to his understanding, Meslier has covid.
FFS
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Steady the Buffs...come on guys don't lose the game in your head before kick off...MOT
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:08 pm Casilla in goal and Roberts back on the bench.

MB backed both of them in the presser so I think he knew this was coming
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Any optimism just evaporated. We need to sign a decent keeper to replace Kiko.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - MESLIER OUT?

Post by White Riot »

Fridge wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:46 pm

A worrying development. Meslier not yet spotted at the ground.
Even more worrying Kilo's starting :lol:
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Deep breaths, will be hiding behind the sofa every time the ball gets within 40 yards of our net.

Hoping Kiko can prove us all wrong today.
gessa

Post by gessa »

SaraM wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:17 pm Any optimism just evaporated. We need to sign a decent keeper to replace Kiko.
I think the problem is, because we can't find a club to take him on those wages, we can't get another decent replacement in, to be able to justify the extra wages but something needs sorting, he has to go.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SaraM wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:17 pm Any optimism just evaporated. We need to sign a decent keeper to replace Kiko.
we wont
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:08 pm Casilla in goal and Roberts back on the bench.

Indeed, neither bring anything to the side, other than dissapointment. In contrast to the general consensus on here, I feel we will struggle against Brighton, regardless of their injuries.
Last edited by Overman on Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

gessa wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:19 pm I think the problem is, because we can't find a club to take him on those wages, we can't get another decent replacement in, to be able to justify the extra wages but something needs sorting, he has to go.
Today will either be the nail in the coffin or the start of some redemption for Kiko.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Fridge wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:20 pm Today will either be the nail in the coffin or the start of some redemption for Kiko.
Hopefully the latter mate