Player Ratings v Brighton (h)

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Ratings v Brighton (h)

Post by 1964white »

Anyone giving our outfield starting XI more than 5 needs to give their head a good shake

That was as bad as it gets :(
8 complete ratings

6.4 45.0 Casilla (7 ratings)
3.6 29.0 Dallas
4.8 38.5 Ayling
5.4 43.5 Cooper
3.9 31.0 Alioski
5.5 44.0 Harrison
4.3 34.0 Klich
2.8 22.0 Struijk
4.1 33.0 Raphinha
2.4 19.0 Rodrigo
1.9 15.0 Bamford (7 ratings)
Subs
7.0 49.0 Roberts (7 ratings)
4.8 33.5 Hernandez (7 ratings)
n/a n/a Poveda
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Player Ratings v Brighton (h)

Post by Ron Swanson »

Casilla - 6

Wasn't tested much, no howlers

Alioski - 3

Not a defender. How many times does he need to be exposed before Bielsa realises?

Dallas - 3

His worst performance for the club, that I have seen anyway. Awful from start to finish

Ayling - 4

Error for their goal, didn't offer much in attack

Cooper - 5

Did what he was required to do

Struijk - 2

Just end this experiment already. Until night stops following day he'll never be a midfielder

Klich - 5

Tried to get in the game but wasn't successful

Rodrigo - 2

Is he on sale or return?

Raphinha - 4

Our best attacking threat blunted by being forced to play out of position

Harrison - 4

More wasteful in front of goal than the government is with our cash

Bamford - 2

Did he play today?
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

Casilla - 7 // Fair play, didn't really put a foot wrong. Played it safe and rightly so. Nothing he could have done about the goal.

Alioski - 4 // Poor

Cooper - 6.5 // The best of a bad bunch defensively

Ayling - 3 // a 3 at CB and a 6 at RB. The goal was his fault. Disappointing as Ayling is overall my player of the season so far (when at RB)

Dallas - 5 // Poor

Struijk - 2 // Didn't know what he was doing at CDM, positioning was awful - 0/10. At CB? 4/10.

Klich - 3 // Looks absolutely shattered

Rodrigo - 3 // Have come to his defence in the past but was dreadful today.

Harrison - 5 // Looked to try and create but was overall wasteful and doesn't below on the right wing.

Raphinha - 4 // Shadow of himself. Bielsa played him on the wrong wing. Looks his best when he cuts in and shoots with his left foot.

Bamford - 1 // 3 touches in the first half, can't have had many more in the second. Still have a lot of faith in him but his form has slipped.

SUBS

Roberts - 8 // Credit where credit's due. He looked our best player today when he came on the pitch. Looked lively and threatening, really is fighting for his place by the looks of it.

Pablo - 6.5 // Looked like creating as soon as he stepped on the pitch. Would like to see him start in the next game.

Poveda - 6 // Looked decent
In Bielsa we trust
Leeds1000
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Leeds1000 »

Continuation from Crawley. Only this time we had a full strength side. Poor poor performance.

Casilla 5: Under pressure coming into the game did ok with what he had to deal with.

Dallas 3: Struggled defensively looked Knackered after the rest in the FA Cup.

Ayling 5: Other than being static for the goal i thought Ayling was ok. Got forward from CB aswell as anyone in defence. Ayling is one of our most attack minded players and skillful to boot. Time to see him back on the right.

Cooper 6: Best defender by a mile. Not surprising really because he is a natural defender unlike the rest of the makeshift defence.

Alioski 2: Poor game from Alioski, looked lost without Harrison down the left. Him and Raph on the left is not a good defensive combination. We know he likes to get forward it should be from the bench to replace the wingers infront of Poveda. He is not a LB!

Struijk 1: Awful until moved back into defence where he improved slightly. Surly case now closed on DM. He is not confident enough for that position. Will soon find himself back on the bench.

Harrison 4: Why on the right? and all game is a mystery to me. Tried hard to create down the right and link up play just a shame his team mates weren't at the races today along with him.

Rodrigo 1: Struggling to make a case for him in the first 11 at the minute. He's either a number 9 or he doesn't play. He's no Pablo, and we got Pablo on a free.

Klich 1: Poor game today from Klich. He looked like he had got a virus. Despite a few decent touches, and for his high standards well off the pace today. I called for him to be rested and it looks like he lost his rhythm.
Raphinha 1: His worst game for us despite some nice skill. Lost out on the left, defensively weak and not up for the fight today.

Bamford 1: Poor game from Bamford. He didn't have much to go at but the bits he did have, he looked poor and disjointed. Ran around all afternoon to earn his thousands.

Substitutes
Poveda-Ocampo 1: Struggling to see what he offers other than a odd flick and turn.

Roberts 6: Best game for Leeds for a very long time. That tells you how poor we were today. Looked sharp and interested when he came on, which is more than can be said of his team mates.

Llorente : Hello...Is it me your looking for...

Hernández 3: Pablo is a rhythm player. More game time will result in better output from Pablo imo. I am know convinced he need to start instead of Rodrigo in that creative spot.
CHAPELALLMAN
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Fridge wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:45 pm Casilla - 7 // Fair play, didn't really put a foot wrong. Played it safe and rightly so. Nothing he could have done about the goal.

Alioski - 4 // Poor

Cooper - 6.5 // The best of a bad bunch defensively

Ayling - 3 // a 3 at CB and a 6 at RB. The goal was his fault. Disappointing as Ayling is overall my player of the season so far (when at RB)

Dallas - 5 // Poor

Struijk - 2 // Didn't know what he was doing at CDM, positioning was awful - 0/10. At CB? 4/10.

Klich - 3 // Looks absolutely shattered

Rodrigo - 3 // Have come to his defence in the past but was dreadful today.

Harrison - 5 // Looked to try and create but was overall wasteful and doesn't below on the right wing.

Raphinha - 4 // Shadow of himself. Bielsa played him on the wrong wing. Looks his best when he cuts in and shoots with his left foot.

Bamford - 1 // 3 touches in the first half, can't have had many more in the second. Still have a lot of faith in him but his form has slipped.

SUBS

Roberts - 8 // Credit where credit's due. He looked our best player today when he came on the pitch. Looked lively and threatening, really is fighting for his place by the looks of it.

Pablo - 6.5 // Looked like creating as soon as he stepped on the pitch. Would like to see him start in the next game.

Poveda - 6 // Looked decent
Bamford - 11 touches all game. Poveda 13 in 15 mins....
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:04 pm Bamford - 11 touches all game. Poveda 13 in 15 mins....

Bamford not good enough at all today.
In Bielsa we trust
CHAPELALLMAN
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Fridge wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:06 pm Bamford not good enough at all today.
He really needs to donate his last months wages to a charity of his choosing....
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:35 pm He really needs to donate his last months wages to a charity of his choosing....
Has always been a streaky sort of player though and I do hold a lot of faith in him.

Ironically too, from what I’ve seen of our current squad, nobody in the team does more for charity or engages as much with the fans as Bamford does.
In Bielsa we trust
CHAPELALLMAN
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Fridge wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:44 pm Has always been a streaky sort of player though and I do hold a lot of faith in him.

Ironically too, from what I’ve seen of our current squad, nobody in the team does more for charity or engages as much with the fans as Bamford does.
Yes, he's by all accounts a really decent guy. Really we should have two viable no 9s and they share the burden.
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:24 pm Yes, he's by all accounts a really decent guy. Really we should have two viable no 9s and they share the burden.
I think if we'd have signed another quality CM in the summer then Bielsa would have seen Rodrigo as that second number 9. Rodrigo playing every week at CM is surely out of some necessity rather than choice?
In Bielsa we trust
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:26 pm Anyone giving our starting XI more than 5 needs to give their head a good shake

That was as bad as it gets :(
Then I won't post if they're the rules
Honey dipped flim flam
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:26 pm Anyone giving our starting XI more than 5 needs to give their head a good shake
Can see this with the outfield players for sure (although I thought Cooper had an alright game) but Kiko didn't really put a foot wrong today.

Played it safe and didn't take any risks, but I think that was the right thing to do given his recent form.
In Bielsa we trust
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Casilla 6
Not much to do

Dallas - 3
One of his worst performances for Leeds

Alioski 3
Little boy lost at the back again

Ayling 4
Not a CB

Cooper 4
His passes into the east & west stands were annoying

Struijk 2
If only Marcelo realised Pascal isn't a DM, never again please

Klich 4
When you need Klich to stand up to the plate when KP is unavailble he doesn't

Rodrigo 1
Gave up three times when tracking back, that attitude is unacceptable

Raphinha 3
Not great, another one playing out of his natural position

Harrison 4
Chances come & go for Jack

Bamford 1
Where was our No.9 today?

Roberts 7
His best performance since Hull last February

Hernandez 6
Better with Pablo on the pitch but we generally are

Poveda 1
Still not ready for the first team yet
hector

Post by hector »

Give your head a good shake three times then '64

:mrgreen:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:02 pm Give your head a good shake three times then '64

:mrgreen:
I posted outfield players who started the game my dear Hector
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Sorry

Roberts
Hernandez
Casilla
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:47 pm Then I won't post if they're the rules
Not the rules mate, ignore my flippant remark....I was angry at the time!

Go ahead & post up your ratings :tup:
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Will do later
Honey dipped flim flam
andrewjohnsmith
First Team
First Team

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Casilla - 7 Solid game. Looked composed, commanding on crosses, calm in distribution

Alioski - 6 Created best chance of first half. Initially lively but faded

Cooper - 6 Not really challenged. Nice to see our defensive options expanding

Ayling - 5 His best contributions were those surging runs forward which are a real asset. But I put him at fault for the goal

Dallas - 5 Didnt offer much - debatable as to whether he tracked the wrong man for the goal

Struijk - 5 Anonymous in midfield. Has plenty of talent but seemingly zero confidence. He can pick a long pass but seems panicked into playing a short one back. Barely a touch in the first half. Much more at home when he moved to CB.

Klich - 5 Another very quiet game. Didnt see him do much wrong (other than two skyed shots) but just couldn't get involved

Rodrigo - 4 Anonymous again. I think covid really did a number on him. Might be some time before we see that early season maic again

Harrison - 6 Looked our best attacking option but probably should have scored

Raphinha - 6 Some great build up play. Made opposition look stupid a few times. But never reallyput in the key ball.

Bamford - 4 Lack of service and support largely to blame, but just scuffed the couple of half chances that came his way
SUBS

Roberts - 7 Did more in 30 minutes than our other attackers did in 90. Good to see him make a contribution.

Pablo - 5 Looked lively when he came on but just misplaced too many passes

Poveda - 4 One cross, but failed to contribute anything else
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Casilla - Not a foot wrong and if we get that player back we have a very good back up - Goalkeepers need game time too

Dallas - 3 - Poor in defence for me, was dragged out of position for the goal.

Alioski - 6 - Decent defence, matched his winger for the most part and should have had an assist from a lovely driven cross

Ayling - 6 - Decent game.

Cooper - 6 - Solid but I'd like to see more captaining from our captain, looked a little rusty

Struijk - 4 - Tough on him as he was beginning to bed in as a central defender, looked lost and positioning not right

Klich - 7 - He's still playing the way I expect, clever footballer with good ideas, covers a lot of ground but stymied a bit as he's a touch passer and that pitch not conducive to that

Raphinha - 5 - One nice pass to set Alio free for the Rodrigo chance, some nice close control but doesn't seem the same player on the left

Harrison - 7 - Good game for me, played more defensively than Dallas at times, a couple of lovely crosses where our from two let him down

Rodrigo - 3 - The hardest of the three chances for me but certainly should have forced a save at least and any touch it's likely to hit the back of the net

Bamford - Doing him a favour as usual not scoring him

Roberts - 7 - Excellent I thought, the only player to threaten the goal and that from probably the hardest chance we had

Hernandez - 6 - ATM he's more suited to the 10 role than Rodrigo is, but he's still best on the right

Poveda - N/A - Not enough time tbf
Honey dipped flim flam