I refuse to believe the pundits and many of our supporters..

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

I refuse to believe the pundits and many of our supporters..

Post by Smudge3920 »

I simply cannot accept that Mecelo Bielsa has run out of idea's... This is traditionally for Leeds United a bad time of the year where we accumalate some unwanted results... It has happened in lower leagues so why the shock it is happening in the "tougest" league in the world?... Not only has the team made the step up so has MB. and I am sure no one accepts that more than he does. Both team and manager are now playing in the toughest legue in the world, lets not forget or downplay it is the first year also...This week ends result, as horrendous as it was has changed nothing in the league standing's...So we are not alone, yes we should have beaten Brighton, but we didnt...WE ARE NOT FALLING APART...MB accepts responsibility, where as most mangers in this league at best, share the blame and the players feel that (Look at Chelski and Lumpard), MB does not lay the blame at the players feet, and critical as we can be I am sure the players are feeling the pressure, I do not believe Rodrigo is a waste of money, I do not believe Struijk has nothing to offer...We still have a genius of a manager, and maybe we do not have world class superstars but we have players who have shown they deserve to be there, and they will again ...20 games to go...possible 60pts... my prediction 25 of those pts points are ours...MOT
Last edited by Smudge3920 on Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FEAR NAUGHT
Metro1962
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: I refuse to believe the pundits and many of our supporters..

Post by Metro1962 »

Hey! I still believe we will be in the top ten in the PL. :)

We are only 12th now,Anyone would think we are or will be in some relegation battle and I say not a chance.
SaraM
Manager
Manager

Post by SaraM »

Well said, Smudge.
Staring at the seashell
Waiting for it to embrace me
gessa
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by gessa »

Seconded
Those that know, know
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by HarryofOz »

Well said Smudge

I will add that most Leeds' fans and most pundits are very appreciative of Bielsa

I think it was Weasel who mentioned it elsewhere. For the two seasons that Bielsa was our coach in the Championship, whenever we lost a few games the reaction was 'teams have worked us out'. And the same thing is happening now.

We are not losing games because teams have worked us out, or because Bielsa has run out of ideas, we are losing games because the standard in the Premier League is high and we are still building the quality of our squad.

All our players have put in more good performances than bad ones.
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
BobHirst
First Team
First Team

Post by BobHirst »

I agree Smudge, however as a fan, our performance against Brighton still pissed me off.
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:08 am Well said Smudge

I will add that most Leeds' fans and most pundits are very appreciative of Bielsa

I think it was Weasel who mentioned it elsewhere. For the two seasons that Bielsa was our coach in the Championship, whenever we lost a few games the reaction was 'teams have worked us out'. And the same thing is happening now.

We are not losing games because teams have worked us out, or because Bielsa has run out of ideas, we are losing games because the standard in the Premier League is high and we are still building the quality of our squad.

Liverpool have gone three PL games without scoring, does that mean teams have worked them out?
No, its as you say Harry, the standard is high and we are still learning.
A win against Newcastle wouldn't go amiss though just to steady the ship a bit.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Velotrax
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Velotrax »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:08 am Well said Smudge

Spot on mate
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

It’s not doing difficult to ‘work is out’, Bielsa is quite open about his philosophy and the way we play. Doing something about it on the other hand is a different matter. In the Championship teams didn’t have the ability, in the Premier League teams and players are much much better.

We’re 12th with a larger Championship side and we’ve taken on and competed with a lot of big sides. We’re doing ok!
danhirons
First Team
First Team

Post by danhirons »

i agree today, victims of our own success almost with the good start

what I will say though is I love Bielsa but I also think he's been a victim of his own success and ways too - with pundits praising him so much and calling him the "best coach in the world" (which just simply isn't true), meaning we get extra criticism when we lose.

I do think our performance against Brighton though was extremely bad but we've also seen us have horrendous performances followed by fantastic ones - so I'm not too concerned

we definitely do need to make some additions to the squad next year to kick on though

costa out for another winger - then have JH, Raph and new winger compete

a new cm to put pressure on rodrigo and klich

a new centre forward to compete with PB - unless rodrigo is that, which I'm not convinced

cover for KP? if something happened to him long term god knows what we'd do

a new LB - a proper left back
Metro1962
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Metro1962 »

I do not think that Leeds will be that much bothered with the results at Crawley and Brighton long as they stay in the PL and reach 40 points is the main aim.They are 12TH IN THE LEAGUE so no bad for anex championship side as other teams are doing worse then them.

All the teams are having very bad off days (Liverpool,Man U ) so Leeds being just one of them.

They will stay up and that is the main thing for them.
Scoobychief
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Scoobychief »

so long as we remain in the premier league this season was all i was expecting for this year. it might go very close, but if we survive then we have achieved something. we just need to become a premier league club with premier league players, too many championship players in our current team