How much would you pay for Rodrigo De Paul?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

How much would you pay for Rodrigo De Paul?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:39 pm

Free...Option to buy (We wish!)
6%
£20 million
18%
£25 million
12%
£30 Million
24%
£35 Million
29%
£40 Million
6%
Other combination cash and player(s)
6%

Total votes: 17

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Stats & Polls How much would you pay for Rodrigo De Paul?

Post by Smudge3920 »

I have always wanted this player...more so than Ben White...So how much would you pay for him ?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: How much would you pay for Rodrigo De Paul?

Post by Cjay »

Have to put into context how good De Paul has been for a good few years now.

Cant claim to have seen a huge amount of him playing but even so.

Stats say he has been for 2 or 3 years one of the best cms in Europe.

Near the top for progressive runs, progressive passes, chances created etc.

Its widely accepted he has practically single handedly kept Udinese in Serie A (they are 15th now he is there top scorer and the 2nd highest player for chances created in the league).

If you compare him to a Premier league player then think Jack Grealish , may not like him but he has basically been a 1 man team for years.

How much would Grealish cost?
How much did Watkins cost?
How much did Eze cost
How much did Ben Godfrey cost?
How much did Brewster cost etc?

All above who did transfer last summer went for £20mil plus.

We willingly bid £30mil for Ben White, ludicrous money.

To get statistically one of the best 8/10s in Europe over the last few seasons its frankly insulting to Udinese to think we could pay less than we offered for Ben White imo.

So £35mil and thats still only a few mill more than Watkins cost Villa and Fofana cost Leicester.

I realise we arent getting him but i hope to be wrong :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Good synopsis CJ... :tup:
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

From what I have seen , Liverpool are in the frame now (hopefully just paper talk ) . Looking at Grealish you're probably looking at 50-80m at a guess . Don't know how We Paul compares , he is probably better but not English so maybe the 30m they were asking at one stage was a steal. I guess my answer would be you are looking at 30m plus .......plus what , I do not know . Anything less may be a bargain .
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

£35 to £40m wouldn't be excessive if he is the quality player we are led to believe he is!
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

I'm still sceptical - would have been bought by one of the big teams years ago if he was that good and available for 35 mill
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Would Bielsa select him? Would he need to get Bielsa fit? Would we be getting frustrated that he wasn’t getting game time and I assume this would be a signing to replace Klich?

I’m with danhirons on this one, why hasn’t he been snapped up if he’s that good? I wondered how we’d managed to get Spain’s number nine for £28m thinking what a signing. Half a season in I see why we got him as he simply isn’t good enough for a top half PL team

I’m not saying Rodrigo is a poor player, he’s one of our better ones but £28m is feeling a bit too much at the moment.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

40 mil
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

The only places where players are worth a fixed value is in Fantasy Football comps and any other game where you are given a strict budget and have to build a team/squad.

Otherwise a player is worth whatever his value is to a particular team to meet their particular needs.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

danhirons wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:52 am I'm still sceptical - would have been bought by one of the big teams years ago if he was that good and available for 35 mill
My thoughts entirely
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

I would be tempted to offer 10 grand, a Ford Capri and 20 Park Drive should seal the deal.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:34 am The only places where players are worth a fixed value is in Fantasy Football comps and any other game where you are given a strict budget and have to build a team/squad.

Otherwise a player is worth whatever his value is to a particular team to meet their particular needs.
VG points Harry...
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

We need someone in that midfield to make things happen, Bielsa obviously doesn't think Pablo can do it week in week out, or even for a full 90mins in the Prem, Big Rod is a quality player but he's defiantly not that box to box, creative midfielder that links the play for me he's more the one that plays off the big CF in a two the position he says he prefers, so if Bielsa says RDP is the man I'm happy to carry his bags to help him get here
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Even if it isnt De Paul it seems odd to me that we seem to not be after a player like him.

We have needed it for years, the club must know that or they wouldn't have almost signed Cuisance.

Yet we abandoned a cm to sign a winger (not complaining about Raph) but its symptomatic of Orta's very odd and random transfer policy.

The need for that cm hasnt gone away, anyone who watches us can see that, its pretty close to a dire situation at times the ease with which people walk through our midfield and the lack of creativity that we get from it.

So even if it isnt De Paul it seems weird that we dont seem to be looking to try to fix it.

I dont buy Bielsa needing ages for signings, the man was an international manager so thats an excuse, good players who play regularly will be ready, not unfit JKA's, Izzy Brown etc.

We are EPL now lets start acting like it, go get Michael Olise for example.

We need a cm, MB can get players up to speed fast if they are the right players, it should be a priority imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Depends who he;s replacing..if it's Klich then nothing
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

have we signed anyone yet??
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

BBC linking De Paul heavily with Inter Milan this afternoon as Eriksen looks to be returning to Spurs.

Would have thought that would be the end of it for us really. This club were never seriously going to stump up the cash needed for a player like this in January. Would still like to see a couple of loan additions but the time to get them up to speed is already waning (maybe a 12-18m loan or two would be appropriate)