Wayne Rooney weighing in on philosophy !...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Wayne Rooney weighing in on philosophy !...

Post by Smudge3920 »

Be surprised if he can even spell it ... :lol:
"I want my team playing with energy, I want my team playing with a belief in terms of winning every game," he said following the Millers defeat when asked about his philosophy in the job. " That's the mentality I need to change in the players."Attacking but with composure as well. I don't want the team to be a Leeds, for instance, I want to have a good balance. I don't want the players scared to make mistakes. I want them to play with freedom."I have signed for two and a half years to put my philosophy on the team."
He lost his first game BTW...One thing for sure we will see in the Championship now is a resurgence of "Fergy Time"... :)
FEAR NAUGHT
WhiteRose
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Wayne Rooney weighing in on philosophy !...

Post by WhiteRose »

I was just going to post about this. 23rd in the league and yet would not want to play like Leeds who won the division at canter last year and despite a few bad resu lts recently sit 11 points off the relegation zone in the Premier league - embarrassing statement for him to make though sure the derby fans love it.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

WhiteRose wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:39 pm I was just going to post about this. 23rd in the league and yet would not want to play like Leeds who won the division at canter last year and despite a few bad resu lts recently sit 11 points off the relegation zone in the Premier league - embarrassing statement for him to make though sure the derby fans love it.
Rooney should have more sense Swannie...mind you he was never paid for his I.Q was he :) ...
FEAR NAUGHT
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

If anything I’d say Leeds players aren’t worried enough about making mistakes, and do stupid things too regularly.

His dig is odd.

Perhaps a tactic to try and get the fans onside quickly.

They’ll give him a bit of time but if he takes them down to league one I think it’ll be difficult for him.

He knows absolutely nothing about it.

I’m surprised more clubs haven’t looked at Simon Grayson, at that level. Give him a few bob and force him to have a defence coach and he’ll do just fine.

Four promotions isn’t to be sniffed at.
Irish Ian

Post by Irish Ian »

I think connecting the two comments is in error
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:47 pm I think connecting the two comments is in error
One way to look at it ...
FEAR NAUGHT