The Leeds United Weekend Brunch Barcodes Pre-Match Debate

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The Leeds United Weekend Brunch Barcodes Pre-Match Debate

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2021-01-23 at 07.56.49.png

1) Your team line-up for our visit at Newcastle

2) Are you expecting a return to form with the opportunity of Leeds achieving a first double this season over Newcastle

3) What needs to change for Leeds to win this game?

4) Which was your favourite goal in our 5-2 victory v the barcodes & in what order would you rate the five goals?

Bamford leaping header
Rodrigo diving header
Dallas bounce off the ground header
Alioski one on one finish after a typical Leeds move on the break
Harrison's 25 yard strike

5) Who are Newcastle's most influential/dangerous players?

6) Have you attended a game St James Park, if so your matchday experience or favourite moments?

7) Do you think Newcastle are in a relegation battle?

8) Will you be surprised if Steve Bruce remains in charge at Newcastle?

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1. Meslier (if COVID recovered)
Ayling
Llorente
Cooper
Dallas
Raphinha
Klich
Phillips
Hernandez
Harrison
Bamford

2. Hoping for a good performance but not losing is more important right now

3. To score goals

4. Harrison's 25 yarder

5. Allan Saint-Maximin

6. Once in 1975

7. Yes

8. Yes, based on how often managers get sacked these days.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
gessa

Post by gessa »

Meslier
Ayling- Cooper - Llorente - Dallas
Phillips
Raph- Pablo- Klich- Harrison
Bamford

2) Are you expecting a return to form with the opportunity of Leeds achieving a first double this season over Newcastle

Hopefully

Get back to what we do well.

4) Which was your favourite goal in our 5-2 victory v the barcodes & in what order would you rate the five goals?

Wilson

6) Have you attended a game St James Park, if so your matchday experience or favourite moments?

77/78, like most aways in that era, getting from coach to ground and back in one piece was an art. We lost 3-2 aswell.

Starting to look as they will be nearer the bottom 3 than they'd like, but I think they have enough to not be relegated

Yes. His interview yesterday was from a man who is frustrated and resigned to not being there long one way or another.

Steve Bruce was asked today if any boss could be successful under Ashley… “What do you gauge as success? I gauge success last year as matching Rafa’s tally of points. He was a world-class manager. Where did he finish (10th & 13th)? Is that success?We matched the mighty Rafa.”

When asked if he had held any dialogue with the powers that be about an ultimatum, Bruce told the Chronicle Live: "It is absolutely the biggest pile of ***** I have ever heard."
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli & Ges going for the same team, what's the betting Marcelo still has the dog on with Pablo & somehow he'll try squeeze Ali in the team :(

Also both going for the Harrison screamer :clap: please produce another one Jack :soccer:
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

1. Meslier, Ayling, Cooper, Llorente, Dallas, Phillips, Klich, Hernandez, Harrison, Raphinha, Bamford.

2. Yes, I'd like to see us really take the game to Newcastle, who are lacking in confidence terribly, and I think we will get a result.

3. I'd like us to go back to plan A, instead of needlessly playing lads out of position. Bielsa is occasionally guilty of trying to be too clever. Also... goalies playing straight passes should be fined a week's wages. Please never have Struijk in midfield again.

4. Rodrigo's header.

5. None - all shite.

6. Yes, about five years ago. Can't remember who they were playing though. We left at HT and went to the pub.

7. Yes, I think they'll go down as well.

8. Not really, Ashley just wants to keep them in the PL and sell ASAP. He wouldn't want to sack another manager.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier
Ayling
Llorente
Cooper
Dallas/Alioski
Phillips
Klich
Raphinha
Hernandez
Harrison
Rodrigo

Bamford, Roberts, Dallas/Alioski, Casilla, Costa, Summerville, Geldhert, Davis, Cresswell
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1) Meslier, Ayling, Llorente, Cooper, Ali, KP, Raph, Klich, Rodders, Poveda, Bamford.

2) No idea, i expected a bounce back vs Brighton and we were crap.

3) Move the ball faster, pass the ball more accurately, cut out the mistakes.

4) Harrison goal, great strike, but sums him up, capable of great goals but will have 4 or 5 games after it of utter dross.

5) Allan Saint-Maximin, inconsistent but at his best he is an absolute baller who would walk into most teams starting 11.

6) Yes but never to watch Leeds, went a few times when i lived up there just to experience it, great atmosphere.

7) Yes they seem to be in freefall at the moment,.

8) No, he is a yes man and thats what Ashleu wants.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Meslier
Ayling
Llorente
Cooper
Dallas
Phillips
Klich
Raphinha
Pablo
Bamford
Harrison

Subs: Kiko, Davis, Struijk, Costa, Rodrigo, Roberts, Alioski

Yes. I think we'll win 3-1. We'll be playing on a decent playing surface, which will help a lot. If Llorente's back and Ayling at right back that gives us stability at the back and better options going forward. Newcastle are shocking, largely down to the negative approach that Bruce takes. He would ruin any team with his lack of tactics. they surrender the pitch and possession and just hope something will fall for them. There are some decent players there, but they're wasted on Bruce.

Better playing surface than the Elland Road paddyfield.
We must be switched on and defend better.
We need to have a presence in midfield that's more than just Klich on his tod.
Create and take chances.
Be up for a battle.

Almiron, when played :lol:
Wilson, whose goals have got them their points.
Carroll who still can create havoc by winning long-ball headers.
Darlow has been outstanding for them and kept the score down in a lot of their matches this season. Would have preferred us to sign him more than Kiko at the time we were recruiting a gk.

No. Been past their ground lots of times, but never attended a match there

Yes, most certainly they are. If Bruce stays they could quite easily go down. Absolutely no plan at all. If they sack Bruce then it could turn round quickly for them, as they have some decent players.

Probably not, as their club is in an absolute mess with Ashley and co. He should have gone already, mainly down to the lack of any tactics or playing style. But their board seems crazy enough to keep him on and if that's the case we should be very thankful.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:51 pm 1) Meslier, Ayling, Llorente, Cooper, Ali, KP, Raph, Klich, Rodders, Poveda, Bamford.

2) No idea, i expected a bounce back vs Brighton and we were crap.
But you'd still go with Ali who has been caught napping in our last three games & the lazy Rodrigo who couldn't be bothered to chase back v Brighton plus Poveda who made no impact whatsoever!

Meanwhile you leave our most creative player on the bench :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:25 pm 1) Your team line-up for our visit at Newcastle
Meslier
Ayling
Llorente
Cooper
Dallas
Phillips
Klich
Raphinha
Pablo
Bamford
Harrison
Appears to be the most popular line-up on here WR, certainly my way of thinking too!

Lets hope Bielsa plays this team, I suspect not though :(
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:29 pm But you'd still go with Ali who has been caught napping in our last three games & the lazy Rodrigo who couldn't be bothered to chase back v Brighton plus Poveda who made no impact whatsoever!

Meanwhile you leave our most creative player on the bench :(
I think Ali is our best left back so yes i would, unfair to judge Poveda on cameos, a start would give us an opportunity to see what he is capable of and may give JH a kick up the arse.

I dont think Rodders is the right option at cm at all im very sad we dont seem to be trying to get a player for that role but also i dont think PAblo has the legs to start anymore imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:33 pm Appears to be the most popular line-up on here WR, certainly my way of thinking too!

Lets hope Bielsa plays this team, I suspect not though :(
God knows mate, he's probably gonna shoe-horn Alioski and Rodders in.

At least the pitch won't be a sink-hole like ours :roll:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:34 pm I think Ali is our best left back so yes i would, unfair to judge Poveda on cameos, a start would give us an opportunity to see what he is capable of and may give JH a kick up the arse.

I dont think Rodders is the right option at cm at all im very sad we dont seem to be trying to get a player for that role but also i dont think PAblo has the legs to start anymore imo.
Symptomatic of us not recruiting a LB and #10 in summer. Not recruiting a ten was criminal considering the amount of wingers we have. But then again, apparently Harrison's a number 9, so what do I know :lol:

Alioski is another inconsistent performer for me, same as JH, Rodders, etc.

You could be right with Pablo, he seems to have struggled with passing and keeping up with play when he has got chance this season. But still our most creative player imo. The training must also take it's toll on him, and maybe that's showing with the hamstring injuries. Could easy be on his way in the summer, hopefully along with several others as we look to upgrade the squad.

Costa is the biggest disappointment for me :(

Yeah, I feel like Poveda hasn't had a fair crack yet. Although, he was about our best player in that debacle at Crawley, not saying much that though :roll:
gessa

Post by gessa »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:49 pm Symptomatic of us not recruiting a LB and #10 in summer. Not recruiting a ten was criminal considering the amount of whingers we have. But then again, apparently Harrison's a number 9, so what do I know :lol:

Alioski is another inconsistent performer for me, same as JH, Rodders, etc.

You could be right with Pablo, he seems to have struggled with passing and keeping up with play when he has got chance this season. But still our most creative player imo. The training must also take it's toll on him, and maybe that's showing with the hamstring injuries. Could easy be on his way in the summer, hopefully along with several others as we look to upgrade the squad.

Costa is the biggest disappointment for me :(

Yeah, I feel like Poveda hasn't had a fair crack yet. Although, he was about our best player in that debacle at Crawley, not saying much that though :roll:
Yes noticed that too.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

gessa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:58 pm Yes noticed that too.
Yeah, shame the whingers can't play number ten. But I'm sure MB thinks they can :roll:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Meslier
Ayling Llorente Cooper Alioski
Phillips
Raphina Klich Rodrigo Harrison
Bamford

Absolutely
Do plan A better
Bamford leaping header4
Rodrigo diving header 3
Dallas bounce off the ground header 5
Alioski one on one finish after a typical Leeds move on the break 1
Harrison's 25 yard strike 2
Wilson
Never
Yes
Will be amazed
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Meslier, Cooper, Llorente, Davis, Phillips, Rapinha, Rodrigo, Klich, Harrison, Bamford.

No more square pegs in round holes. People back to their natural position. I think everyone is going to be surprisingly impressed with how good Llorente is.

Players in their best positions

Bamford leaping header
Rodrigo diving header

Harrison

5) Who are Newcastle's most influential/dangerous players? Wilson and Maximin. Need to keep these two quiet, and take our chances.

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Ellandback1 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:55 pm 1) Your team line-up for our visit at Newcastle

Meslier, Cooper, Llorente, Davis, Phillips, Rapinha, Rodrigo, Klich, Harrison, Bamford.

No more square pegs in round holes. People back to their natural position. I think everyone is going to be surprisingly impressed with how good Llorente is.

Players in their best positions

Bamford leaping header
Rodrigo diving header

Harrison

5) Who are Newcastle's most influential/dangerous players? Wilson and Maximin. Need to keep these two quiet, and take our chances.

EB, you are so confident we will win, you are happy to only have 10 players on the pitch?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Meslier
Ayling
Llorente
Cooper
Dallas
Phillips
Raphinha (on the right flank please Marcelo)
Klich
Pablo
Harrison (on the left wing please Marcelo)
Bamford

No prating about playing half the team out of their natural positions.

Yes, a great opportunity to show our true form again against a team lacking confidence & cohesion who are dropping like a stone in the PL table

Simple....play as we are capable of, defend efficiently & take our chances as we did v Villa, Baggies & Newcastle first time round.

1) Harrison
2) Alioski
3) Rodrigo
4) Bamford
5) Dallas

Wilson their goalscorer
Darlow could frustrate us, one of the best keepers in the PL

Several times over the years, even went to a pre-season friendly when Alan Smith got some right stick from the Leeds fans. Was in the sky last time we played the geordies in their 2017 championship promotion season when Chris Wood scored an equaliser in the 90th minute :-D nearly ended up on the moon. Absolute nightmare exiting the ground as the police divided 1000's of crammed Leeds/Newcastle fans in the concourse, potential crushing incident......scary!

Yes

I do believe the covid situation is the reason for several managers holding onto their jobs. Only Bilic sacked in the PL this season.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:45 pm EB, you are so confident we will win, you are happy to only have 10 players on the pitch?
Looks like we're we are playing without a RB & a LB whom looked very ordinary v Crawley & in our last U23 game