49ers Increase Stake in Leeds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

49ers Increase Stake in Leeds

Post by Ratscoot »

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/club/2 ... investment

Generally I think this is good news as we get more investment and support especially with regards expanded the global fan base and also they won't be running the club - win/win
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: 49ers Increase Stake in Leeds

Post by Sara »

What's 37% cost them?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Is there actually a new signing on the way to ER?

Now that would be a surprise :o
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:31 am Is there actually a new signing on the way to ER?

Now that would be a surprise :o
Yes there is...............

Fwank Lumpard to be Marcellos no2

:) :)
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Maybe that money will be used by radzs to purchase valencia. Hopefully not and be injected back into Leeds united
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Reported in the Times they paid £50million for 22%
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

hector wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:40 am Yes there is...............

Fwank Lumpard to be Marcellos no2

:) :)
Hey now behave ... even I have limits ... :evil:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not happy about this.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Along with the increased share holding Paraag Marathe becomes Vice Chair. I think we will see more of this NFL/Premiership twin city strategy.
Tom Brady is going to the Super Bowl Final again. This time with Tamper Bay, who new owners are The Glazers.
With Liverpool mis-firing and De Brunye and Vardy now out for weeks means the Glazers could win the Super Bowl with Tampa and the Premier League with Scum. The worrying thing there is what it would add to their war chest?
Interestingly Tom Brady was a 49ers fan but was overlooked by them in the Draft, along with lots of other teams.
If the Glazers do pull that off you can see more NFL teams getting involved in English football.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Sounds like news rather than good or bad.

Imagine the money will go to Radz and jot be pumped back into Leeds which is fair enough. Let's be honest he's bought Leeds to make money not because he had an acute love of leeds!
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Looks like Leeds have £50M spendies now.

Which is a pretty helpful chunk of money to use towards the upgrades needed to the ground.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

danhirons wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:07 pm Sounds like news rather than good or bad.

Imagine the money will go to Radz and jot be pumped back into Leeds which is fair enough. Let's be honest he's bought Leeds to make money not because he had an acute love of leeds!
yes he is a businessman, but I think he has done enough to show Leeds is not just purely a business investment for him...of course a lot of his efforts will be geared to increasing the financial worth... But his commitment to the club and city are unquestionable.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

As a Leeds fan ...great news

As a Raider fan of 40 years ...f**k off Niners
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

Radz is probably trying to recoup some of his initial investment, which will have been substantial, together with the cost of bankrolling the club since he took over.

Leeds was always prime for someone with a bit of vision and the willingness to invest. He was that man... if he makes a few bob, fair play to him.

We had three absolutely shite owners before who didn’t invest, on or off the pitch, for over a decade.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

I'm cautiously OK with it if it stops here. I don't want any NFL or US sorting franchises taking a controlling stake in Leeds. The money is likely earmarked for all the stadium improvements and a little for Radz pocket (he is a businessman after all and has done a lot for the club and city, so I'm OK with that).

As an aside, if Radz valued 22% at 50 millions then he is valuing the club currently at a shade over 225 million. I think his aim was to have us up at 300 million within 3 years of being in the prem, which looks on target.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not at all happy with an American Venture capitalist fund owning any of our club let alone 37%.

This isnt the York family it is an accountant managing their investments, they wont invest much (£50mil at Prem level is peanuts lets be honest)

Drip drip drip, £10mil here, £20mil there, its not enough and is an insignificant amount at Prem level.

Financially we are paupers still at Prem level, 49ers handouts dont change that (the money is being paid in installments btw )

I know some werent on board with QSI for reasons (understandable).

But at least they would practically guarantee trophies (selfishly i want to see us win trophies soon at the top level not be a midtable nobody like most of the Prem).

The 49ers dont change much financially, its a tiny investment for a larger piece of the Premier league pie which we know all these American owners are desperate to get their claws into.

They wont invest more without owning more of the club, they arent going to dig deep to help us fund transfers for example, we wont get another penny out of them same as we didnt in the EFL after their initial investment.

Radz publicly had to call on them to do more dont forget

Sorry for the mini rant just very much against this, QSI aside, i don't like an investment firm having its claws in us again.

And their intentions are clear, small investment for a potentially huge return plus a foot in the Prem door.
Last edited by Cjay on Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:42 pm Not at all happy with an American Venture capitalist fund owning any of our club let alone 37%.

This isnt the York family it is an accountant managing their investments, they wont invest much (£50mil at Prem level is peanuts lets be honest)
You are not alone mate...I hear you...
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:42 pm Not at all happy with an American Venture capitalist fund owning any of our club let alone 37%.

Drip drip drip, £10mil here, £20mil there, its not enough and is an insignificant amount at Prem level.

Financially we are paupers still at Prem level, 49ers handouts dont change that (the money is being paid in installments btw )

I know some werent on board with QSI for reasons (understandable).

But at least they would practically guarantee trophies (selfishly i want to see us win trophies soon at the top level not be a midtable nobody like most of the Prem).

The 49ers dont change much financially, its a tiny investment for a larger piece of the Premier league pie which we know all these American owners are desperate to get their claws into.

They wont invest more without owning more of the club, they arent going to dig deep to help us fund transfers for example, we wont get another penny out of them same as we didnt in the EFL after their initial investment.

Radz publicly had to call on them to do more dont forget

Sorry for the mini rant just very much against this, QSI aside, i don't like an investment firm having its claws in us again.

And their intentions are clear, small investment for a potentially huge return plus a foot in the Prem door.
It is, but it depends too on how wisely the money is spent. 50m 2.5 years ago would have bought Erling Haaland 6 times over...He's now worth about half the value of the club. On the other hand the money could be squandered on the likes of Costa, JKA or wages for Casilla, Forshaw etc.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

10 out of 10 for getting your No1 bug bear into this topic :lol:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Lumiukko wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:53 pm I'm cautiously OK with it if it stops here. I don't want any NFL or US sorting franchises taking a controlling stake in Leeds. The money is likely earmarked for all the stadium improvements and a little for Radz pocket (he is a businessman after all and has done a lot for the club and city, so I'm OK with that).

As an aside, if Radz valued 22% at 50 millions then he is valuing the club currently at a shade over 225 million. I think his aim was to have us up at 300 million within 3 years of being in the prem, which looks on target.
Agree with this. Some money in is always good, and badly needed, but not a controlling interest.