Bielsa post Newcastle press conference

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Bielsa post Newcastle press conference

Post by Cjay »

Bielsa's here - how pleased with your subs?

They came on in the game n difficult moments. After the Harrison goal we lost the ball. We only managed to recover the ball in the last five minutes.
Roberts and Klich were forced to defend more than they could attack. What they bring is more creative than defensive.

Half an hour they played, 20 minutes were a lot of defending.

How pleased with set-piece defending and goalkeeper?

You know there wasn’t an improvement on this. Because they don’t score doesn’t mean we are defending them better.

Impressed with some of the defending
?

Ablution in this subject. There will be a solution to this problem when we don’t concede chances from corners. Difficult for me to say exactly what I think. Though we did defend some set-pieces better, we should have done better with others. In the first half where they had some chances from set-pieces, they were always under pressure so we could force them to miss. In the second half there were chances in our box.

Llorente problem

He has a similar problem to the one as before. It’s a problem for him, us, all of us. In this moment, Diego’s state of mind worries me because of the succession of injures.

Klich

It’s a situation to do with the job I do. Of course, he’s played a lot, but it’s normal for there to be changes.

Did Newcastle deserve something?

I’ve already said they had chances for a 20-minute period.

What was the problem in the second half with Newcastle coming through the middle and creating chances?

It wasn’t chance after chance. On the whole we created more chances than they did throughout the game. But it is true in the final 20 minutes they might have created some chances via corners. There was a moment in the game where Phillips had to defend lower down the pitch than he had been doing. Klich also had to defend more deep, Tyler and Rodrigo as well. And we stopped counting on Stuart Dallas in the midfield as he started playing as a left-back. The moment where we most had to defend we couldn’t do it with Phillips and Dallas in the centre of the pitch.

And Rodrigo, Tyler and Klich had many offensive functions. They are players who are primarily more creative. The chances had run out and I didn’t find a way to make the midfield stronger. From the two changes in the second half, the entrance of Tyler and Klich were to try and win the game but very quickly we had to defend more than we had been having to do so and you could notice this.

Dallas seemed to be limping in the second half at times, is he ok?

I couldn’t tell you how he is at the moment because I haven’t been informed of anything just yet.

How important for the players to end the run of defeats?

It was very important for us to win. The majority of teams go on runs similar to those we have had. They are longer and more difficult, so the quicker you get out of these runs the better.

Schar claims Rodrigo spat at him - do you know?

No, I don’t know anything about this.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Bielsa post Newcastle press conference

Post by Cjay »

We definitely didnt create more chances MB, they had 20 odd shots we had 9.
Signed

King Cjay

mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:55 pm We definitely didnt create more chances MB, they had 20 odd shots we had 9.
how many of those "shots" cleared the stands? even when it is us with more shots it means little, quality is king, we had the better chances.

( that is not to say they had no decent chances)
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

mav wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:00 pm how many of those "shots" cleared the stands? even when it is us with more shots it means little, quality is king, we had the better chances.

( that is not to say they had no decent chances)
May not have had great chances but Meslier was definitely busier than Darlow.

We may have had better situations but didnt amount to shots.
Signed

King Cjay

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar