My reflections on game #24...v Wolves

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

My reflections on game #24...v Wolves

Post by Smudge3920 »

Arguably one of the dissapointments of the season...We were equal in all areas to, and better in some areas than Wolves. Specualtion prior to KO as aways, but was good to see Struijk drop back and we settled into our "comfortable back 4". Amazing character shown by young Mes after his performance in the Arsenal game. Had it not been for Raph continuing his amazing streak, Mes would have been MotM. Also clearing the ball deep when necassary.
Klich continues to struggle, maybe time to let him rest and get that niggle of an injury sorted fully (I hope that's all it is). Harrison with no excuse was very dissapointing IMO. I think this game finally put to rest the debate over KP, without him we are much weaker, but the fact we can still put in such a good performance bodes well. A positive from the bench, Costa turned in another good period, almost scoring again promising signs he maybe turning the corner.
I am not sure if MB would want to tinker so much this year, but I am a big advocate of giving Raph the 10 role, and bringing Summerville in to play on his right, if not this year then next. Being more central would really open up Raph's options and create some serious problems for teams. Amd Summerville has top level experience.
It is not often a defender gets 3 good chances on goal during a game, but I am not going to be too hard on Coops as he is after all, said defender. Technology continues to haunt us. They really have to sort out the debacle which is VAR. Our dealing with set pieces against us was much improved, one excellent headed clearance out of our box by Bamford, and looking more comfortable overall.
Southampton next, time to get back in the W column.