Meghan

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Re: Meghan

Post by Fridge »

becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: Meghan the bully

Post by becchio bear »

Mountain wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:39 pm But the only reason we think we know them is because of how they are portrayed in the media.

We say Meghan is awful, because the media that hates her portrays her as awful.

We say Kate is lovely, because the media that loves her portrays her as lovely.
Of course we only know them as to how they are portrayed in the media.

However, don't forget Kate was derided for years by the same media that now "love" her, She was nicknamed Waity Katey, her family was picked over with a fine tooth comb, her mother Carol deemed "that" air stewardess etc. Throughout they have conducted themselves with dignity and yes I do think Kate comes across as genuinely lovely.

Meghan breezed into the RF and thought she could just change hundreds of years of tradition, it didn't work so she has reacted badly.

I haven't yet seen the interview, only snippets throughout the day, but already it appears her lies are unravelling. She apparently knew nothing about the RF, when first meeting Harry didn't know who he was etc. Yet there she is as a 15 year old sitting on the railings outside Buckingham Palace. She had a blog, The Tig, there on the bookshelf behind her is a book about Princess Diana, her BFF (now ditched) says she was always obsessed with the RF and Diana in particular who fascinated her and she stated she wanted to be Diana mark 2. Saying they got married 3 days before with just the 2 of them and the Archbishop? Apparently according to The Church of England rules there has to be at least 2 witnesses present and in a public place... Plays the racist card with no foundation or proof, that's a real low act tbh.

There are always 2 sides to every story and I really hope the RF make a statement about this.

Also, interesting to say it was supposedly a no holds barred interview, no mention was made of Meghan's family!! All rather one sided imo and a RF bashing exercise.

I'd remove all their titles and truly let them live their own lives in private. If Harry had any balls he would remove himself from the ascension to the throne seeing as he seems to hate everything about it!

:bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

becchio bear wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:58 pm Also, interesting to say it was supposedly a no holds barred interview, no mention was made of Meghan's family!! All rather one sided imo and a RF bashing exercise.
No holds barred?

No holds barred would mean someone bluntly asking how bad is Philip's racism and if she knows did Andrew really have sex with underage girls.

A racist and a possible paedophile? How could anyone bash that family? How could she have harmed their reputation, like, it's fairly bad to begin with.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Mountain wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:16 pm No holds barred?

No holds barred would mean someone bluntly asking how bad is Philip's racism and if she knows did Andrew really have sex with underage girls.

A racist and a possible paedophile? How could anyone bash that family? How could she have harmed their reputation, like, it's fairly bad to begin with.
It was advertised as a no holds barred interview - their words not mine. The interview was about them, I note you don't comment on the fact that her family weren't mentioned! :bear:
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

becchio bear wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:36 pm It was advertised as a no holds barred interview - their words not mine. The interview was about them, I note you don't comment on the fact that her family weren't mentioned! :bear:
But I don't know why her family would be mentioned. On one hand they're not the family of the Constitutional Monarch and on the other I'm not sure any of then are accused of statutory rape. They have neither the profile nor the rap sheet to make them interesting.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Mountain wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:55 pm But I don't know why her family would be mentioned. On one hand they're not the family of the Constitutional Monarch and on the other I'm not sure any of then are accused of statutory rape. They have neither the profile nor the rap sheet to make them interesting.
Spot on.

Criticism of the monarchy is actually topical and relevant.

Criticism of Meghan’s family would be fairly pointless and irrelevant.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Mountain wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:55 pm But I don't know why her family would be mentioned. On one hand they're not the family of the Constitutional Monarch and on the other I'm not sure any of then are accused of statutory rape. They have neither the profile nor the rap sheet to make them interesting.
Oh come on. This interview was about the 2 of them. Her family are relevant, the run up to the marriage made them relevant. How Meghan has treated her family and disowned them and has now encouraged Harry to follow suit with his family makes them relevant. It gives background to Meghan and how she operates. Epstein is currently under investigation and Andrew has been pulled from public duty I do believe by the Queen.

As I said in an earlier post, there are always 2 sides to a story. I am utterly amazed at how many people listen to the clap trap spouted by these 2 and just take it as gospel without any foundation.

Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

becchio bear wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:14 pm Oh come on. This interview was about the 2 of them. Her family are relevant, the run up to the marriage made them relevant. How Meghan has treated her family and disowned them and has now encouraged Harry to follow suit with his family makes them relevant. It gives background to Meghan and how she operates. Epstein is currently under investigation and Andrew has been pulled from public duty I do believe by the Queen.

As I said in an earlier post, there are always 2 sides to a story. I am utterly amazed at how many people listen to the clap trap spouted by these 2 and just take it as gospel without any foundation.

Quite frankly I’m utterly amazed how many people read the sh*t published in the tabloid press and take it as gospel.

Also, Andrew still has his military titles and security detail as far as I can recall.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

becchio bear wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:14 pm How Meghan has treated her family and disowned them and has now encouraged Harry to follow suit with his family makes them relevant. It gives background to Meghan and how she operates. Epstein is currently under investigation and Andrew has been pulled from public duty I do believe by the Queen.
In fairness, you are entitled to be fascinated by the relationships between Meghan and her family. But others are entitled to be fascinated by the Royal Family, the Queen and her close relations, whether her husband is a racist, the possibility that they are harbouring a paedo son who had sex with young girls. And that's not erased by "being pulled from public duty".
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Mountain wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:05 pm In fairness, you are entitled to be fascinated by the relationships between Meghan and her family. But others are entitled to be fascinated by the Royal Family, the Queen and her close relations, whether her husband is a racist, the possibility that they are harbouring a paedo son who had sex with young girls. And that's not erased by "being pulled from public duty".
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

My one and only post on this subject.

Once Liz pops her clogs they should disband the whole thing.

The tourists will still come. I promise.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:22 pm My one and only post on this subject.

Once Liz pops her clogs they should disband the whole thing.

The tourists will still come. I promise.
Exactly. People visit for the architecture and the history, as they do in France, not for the current set of freeloaders in residence.

The monarchy is a scam, nothing more, nothing less. There's no such thing as royal blood, there are no princesses in real life; this is 21st century Britain, not disneyland.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

My only post on this to.

Two sides to every story.

The Royal family have plenty of skeletons in their closet I'm sure, some of which we know and are far from an angelic family.

Meghan was a bit part fame hungry actress who is now one of the most famous people on earth, she is also estranged from many of her family, that suggests she isnt entirely innocent either imo.

I dont think any of them come out of this well and wouldn't trust a word any of them say.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

SaraM wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:40 pm Exactly. People visit for the architecture and the history, as they do in France, not for the current set of freeloaders in residence.
Exactly. You’d think every tourist in London got a private reception with the Queen!

Let’s be honest, if the monarchy was removed and Buckingham Palace was opened as a museum to the public, they would make a hell of a lot more money off of it :lol:

EDIT: or better yet, a homeless shelter or something of that ilk, at least then there would be a positive contribution to society
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Fridge wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:53 pm Exactly. You’d think every tourist in London got a private reception with the Queen!

Let’s be honest, if the monarchy was removed and Buckingham Palace was opened as a museum to the public, they would make a hell of a lot more money off of it :lol:
The idea that they pay for themselves through tourism is a myth.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

I'm not a royalist at all, but this whole fiasco was to sell a tv program, job done, millions in their bank,
I have no idea what the royals do , but for sure they are not a nice and polite as they want us to think they are,
But at least it has taken the heat of Andrew ....
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Velotrax wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:49 pm I'm not a royalist at all, but this whole fiasco was to sell a tv program, job done, millions in their bank,
I have no idea what the royals do , but for sure they are not a nice and polite as they want us to think they are,
But at least it has taken the heat of Andrew ....
In fairness, for the interview itself they were not paid anything.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Fridge wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:35 am In fairness, for the interview itself they were not paid anything.
Not even 'expenses' ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

This is still Charles and Diana fall out isn't it...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Nail on head there mate