Podcasts?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Dutch Peacock
Youth Team
Youth Team

Podcasts?

Post by Dutch Peacock »

Which Leeds podcasts do you listen?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Podcasts?

Post by The Subhuman »

None ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

I listen to the Phil Hay show.

The *official* Leeds United podcast isn't too bad but they'd be better with some rotating guests, it is a bit samey already.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Ron Swanson wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:03 am I listen to the Phil Hay show.

The *official* Leeds United podcast isn't too bad but they'd be better with some rotating guests, it is a bit samey already.

Prefered it when it was 'Doing a Leeds', not sure what Emma adds and as you say could do with a rotating guest rather than Paddy every week.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

I listen to...

The Phil Hay Show
The Square Ball
Official LUFC Podcast

Other notable podcasts are...

Talking Shut
LS11
The Roaring Peacock
Lad To Leeds Breakfast
All Stats Aren't We
Leeds That
Mighty Whites Podcast
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

The Square Ball is one of the better ones imo, presented by Dan Moylan with Daniel Chapman (Moscow White) and Michael Normanton - can be very humorous at times.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Square Ball, Match Ball, Phil Hay, and just started catching up on the official one. I quite like Bamford being on it, it's interesting to hear a player's take on the games.
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:04 am Prefered it when it was 'Doing a Leeds', not sure what Emma adds and as you say could do with a rotating guest rather than Paddy every week.
I think that an element of the fan base have become attached to her... she's probably a free lancer so they're trying to keep her occupied. I dunno.

Sometimes I think she's alright and other times I think she's a bit false... with fake broad Yorkshire accent that occasionally makes an appearance.

I wonder if she is Mancunian... has a bit of that twang going on. Or at the very least she's lived there before. It is quite an easy one to adopt, sometimes without even knowing.
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

The Square Ball is pretty good as well.

The best episode I think was after the West Brom game, they were full of it after the media were tipping them to turn us over, that we couldn't cope with English style football... etc.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Ron Swanson wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:24 am I think that an element of the fan base have become attached to her... she's probably a free lancer so they're trying to keep her occupied. I dunno.

Sometimes I think she's alright and other times I think she's a bit false... with fake broad Yorkshire accent that occasionally makes an appearance.

I wonder if she is Mancunian... has a bit of that twang going on. Or at the very least she's lived there before. It is quite an easy one to adopt, sometimes without even knowing.

She’s from Cheshire I think

I don’t mind her, but I think having a four-hander on a podcast is a bit much. Same with Talking Shutt sometimes, too many voices competing.
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:42 am She’s from Cheshire I think

I don’t mind her, but I think having a four-hander on a podcast is a bit much. Same with Talking Shutt sometimes, too many voices competing.
Ah. Cheshire is more likely, thinking about it.

Three is probably the perfect number.
Dutch Peacock
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dutch Peacock »

I also like the roaring peacock youth podcasts. Gives a great look of potential future stars from our academy. Nice to listen next to watching the u23s.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Ah the Square Ball crowd can be very funny at times, they are quite clever with the parody stuff, the Warnock and Steve Nicol impressions etc. They can really skewer the stupidity of some of the podcasts of opposition teams.