Confession 3

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Confession 3

Post by Cjay »

After previous revelations about my fondness for Gary Neville and my concern about us becoming a Premier league team and just becoming one of the pack like most, i now feel the urge to confess again. :(

Watching the Fulham Liverpool game and it dawned on me. . . . .

I wish Liverpool FC no success whatsoever and hope and pray that they dont make the top 7 :)

A club that its easy to dislike i find.

Weird victim mentality they have, nothing is ever their fault.

Jurgen Klopp reflects this well, tries to promote this friendly smiling bloke but occasionally his mask slip and the true Jurgen shows up, usually moaning and whinging.

The favoritism shown to them by the media also gets on my nerves, god forbid anyone upsets Liverpool FC.

But mainly its motivated by the owners and their underhand tactics to try and ruin European club football to make as much money as possible for them and the few.

Teaming up with Liverpool fan Rick Parry to effectively try and bribe the EFL into supporting the idea to give certain clubs including Liverpool control over the Premier league.

And of course trying to use the Furlough scheme despite having many millions of pounds in profit sat in the club's bank accounts.

That European Super League idea was the final nail in the coffin for me and using the pandemic to try and take advantage of poorer clubs in the lower leagues to try and gain influence over English football in general showed what the Liverpool owners were all about.

What wonderful karma it would be if in the season Liverpool FC owners tried to manipulate a hostile takeover of English and European they failed to qualify for any European competitionsand had to suffer the consequences of what that brings :love:

Ideally Manchester United would join them and they would be included in this but unfortunately it looks unlikely that will happen to them.

As i type this Fulham have just gone 1-0 up at Anfield :)
Last edited by Cjay on Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Re: Confession 3

Post by Mountain »

I'm torn. On one hand, the Liverpool supporters gave Revie's side a standing ovation after the first title was pretty much clinched at Anfield, and Shankly heaped praise on that Leeds team and manager.

On the other hand, the Kewell transfer saga was an ugly disgrace, they effectively conspired to screw Leeds and enrich his agent. Even the Manchester club were a lot more honourable in the Ferdinand and Smith transfers.
lufcconnor

Post by lufcconnor »

Mountain wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:10 pm I'm torn. On one hand, the Liverpool supporters gave Revie's side a standing ovation after the first title was pretty much clinched at Anfield, and Shankly heaped praise on that Leeds team and manager.

On the other hand, the Kewell transfer saga was an ugly disgrace, they effectively conspired to screw Leeds and enrich his agent. Even the Manchester club were a lot more honourable in the Ferdinand and Smith transfers.
I am way, way too young to remember the standing ovation. The Liverpool I know is heavily associated with the interactions I have had with their fans online. Much of what the OP said. They like to bully fans who support teams they perceive as "smaller", too. A very hard club to like at the moment.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

I don’t generally have an issue with the club. However many of their supporters are painful. I grew up with quite a few of them in the 70’s and 80’s and they were sickening to deal with. Their arrogance and condescending attitude to any other football team turned me against them for life. Outside of Man U I will always go for whoever they are playing.

Even the Man U supporters I knew back then were generally fine. They certainly weren’t glory hunters at that time.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

My lad is a Liverpool supporter, fking hate them
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

I can admire Liverpool as a team for what they have achieved in the last couple of seasons but have no real fondness for them as a club
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

I have always tended to have more respect (although perhaps grudgingly) for those teams that have been built over time and have a certain history, like Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd as opposed to a Chelsea or Man City whose success over the recent few years has been achieved pretty much through the massive levels of cash injections they have received.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Velotrax wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:00 pm My lad is a Liverpool supporter, fking hate them
:lol: :lol: :lol:
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

I don't have any strong feelings towards them, I've had good friends who were Liverpool supporters and known some complete bell ends who supported that club, just like any other really.

However I am wracked with curiosity as to whether, should both Manure and Everton finish above them this season, there will be some sort of ritualistic mass suicide amongst Liverpool fans. Maybe something involving throwing themselves onto a bonfire of old Sun newspapers.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

mothbanquet wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:06 pm

However I am wracked with curiosity as to whether, should both Manure and Everton finish above them this season, there will be some sort of ritualistic mass suicide amongst Liverpool fans. Maybe something involving throwing themselves onto a bonfire of old Sun newspapers.
I'd pay to watch that !