Covid jab ..🤔

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rab_rant

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by rab_rant »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:29 pm But the lockdown restrictions will remain until a sufficient number of the population have been vacinated and are less likely to get ill and overwhelm the NHS. So for the conspiracy theorists who believe what Bob the builder has ranted about on youtube I have absolutely no time for. I have just got back from having mine and remarkably still only have one head.

VOAL
Dare I say it but this forum is for people who have had the jab
and for them to say I am OK or have only been slightly discomforted.
There is a mutual reinforcement and every one who joins the club is
congratulated.

If there are any dissenters that think the vaccine has been rushed through
with insufficient testing... using unproven gene therapy... and the drug
companies will not be liable if anything goes wrong, then these legitimate concerns
are dismissed as conspiracy theories.

They are branded as being irresponsible and scaremongers and shamed for not falling in line.

We all like anecdotal evidence that agrees with our own opinions
if someone near us dies from covid then that reinforces the idea that
we need a vaccination. If a family member get covid and recovers then
our attitude towards the disease and our perceptions of it may differ.
Personally I have seen 11 people recover from covid-19 both young and old
and perhaps that has colored my viewpoint

People can get the jab if they want to... I would not pressure them not to have it.
But coercion and shame practiced by some are despicable and I want no part of it
VoiceofaLurker
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by VoiceofaLurker »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:51 pm Dare I say it but this forum is for people who have had the jab
and for them to say I am OK or have only been slightly discomforted.
There is a mutual reinforcement and every one who joins the club is
congratulated.

If there are any dissenters that think the vaccine has been rushed through
with insufficient testing... using unproven gene therapy... and the drug
companies will not be liable if anything goes wrong, then these legitimate concerns
are dismissed as conspiracy theories.

They are branded as being irresponsible and scaremongers and shamed for not falling in line.

We all like anecdotal evidence that agrees with our own opinions
if someone near us dies from covid then that reinforces the idea that
we need a vaccination. If a family member get covid and recovers then
our attitude towards the disease and our perceptions of it may differ.
Personally I have seen 11 people recover from covid-19 both young and old
and perhaps that has colored my viewpoint

People can get the jab if they want to... I would not pressure them not to have it.
But coercion and shame practiced by some are despicable and I want no part of it
If my car breaks down I take it to a garage. In a similair vein I will bow to the people with the greater knowledge in the relevant professional body none of whom have said do not get the Jab. But again it does not matter what anyone of us thinks, the only reason restrictions will start to be eased are because of the 20+ million so far in the uk who have had the jab, to those people I doff my cap.

VOAL
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

You dare say it, Rab, and, as always, your considered voice is welcomed, by me at least.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:31 pm If my car breaks down I take it to a garage. In a similair vein I will bow to the people with the greater knowledge in the relevant professional body none of whom have said do not get the Jab. But again it does not matter what anyone of us thinks, the only reason restrictions will start to be eased are because of the 20+ million so far in the uk who have had the jab, to those people I doff my cap.

VOAL
You are conveniently ignoring the history of pharmaceutical companies in using fraud, suppression of evidence, and coercion to get their products on the market. That isn't a conspiracy, it's a matter of legal history. I wouldn't trust them as far as I can spit an elephant, personally, but we each have to judge for ourselves.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:31 pm You dare say it, Rab, and, as always, your considered voice is welcomed, by me at least.
And me... You should always have the choice, in anything and especially to do with health.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
VoiceofaLurker
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by VoiceofaLurker »

SaraM wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:36 pm You are conveniently ignoring the history of pharmaceutical companies in using fraud, suppression of evidence, and coercion to get their products on the market. That isn't a conspiracy, it's a matter of legal history. I wouldn't trust them as far as I can spit an elephant, personally, but we each have to judge for ourselves.
I'm not ignoring anything, maybe if we had a two tier system for easing lockdown for the people who have been vaccinated and those who haven't, maybe the dissenting view would be altered when forced to remain at home for the next couple of years.

VOAL
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:53 pm I'm not ignoring anything, maybe if we had a two tier system for easing lockdown for the people who have been vaccinated and those who haven't, maybe the dissenting view would be altered when forced to remain at home for the next couple of years.

VOAL
Why?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
VoiceofaLurker
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by VoiceofaLurker »

faaip wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:01 pmWhy?
One would assume that most people are not enjoying these ongoing lockdowns.
Virus appears - lockdown happens and everbody wants a vaccine to be found. Vaccine developed and pronounced safe by the relevant bodies and some people are still hesitant in receiving it.
Those people are still a potential critical covid case waiting to happen, the vaccinated still potentially could face severe illness but have done all that they can to minimise that occuring.

VOAL
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:53 pm I'm not ignoring anything, maybe if we had a two tier system for easing lockdown for the people who have been vaccinated and those who haven't, maybe the dissenting view would be altered when forced to remain at home for the next couple of years.

VOAL
Division and coercion, just what we need.
VoiceofaLurker
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by VoiceofaLurker »

SaraM wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:41 pm Division and coercion, just what we need.
It already exists but in the opposite direction to which you are insinuating.
Anyway back to lurking.

VOAL
hector

Post by hector »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:01 pm It already exists but in the opposite direction to which you are insinuating.
Anyway back to lurking.

VOAL
pop back soon matie :tup:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:01 pm It already exists but in the opposite direction to which you are insinuating.
Anyway back to lurking.

VOAL
Yes pop back soon Lurker & we can discuss how influential Bamford has been this season :soccer:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Moved mine up to tomorrow after spending 3 hours on the phone today trying to get some answers to key questions plus trying to cancel Sundays ...All to no avail.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Finally the day arrived...I could as a 65+ years old book to get my jab... spent 4 hours online to be told ...." We are sorry to announce we have used up the current stocks of vaccine, however we assure you, you will be vaccinated by June, thank you for your patience"... wonderful :lol: I now wonder if if it is June of 2021? :shock:
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

faaip wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:03 pm Moved mine up to tomorrow after spending 3 hours on the phone today trying to get some answers to key questions plus trying to cancel Sundays ...All to no avail.
Got mine tomorrow as well
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:14 pm Got mine tomorrow as well
I'm yet to establish whether it's safe for Coeliacs, a lot of us (up to a third) have undiagnosed Hypospleenism which of course has a lot to do with the immune system. I will ask for guarantees at the jab site and see what happens from there. I might not be able to have it yet
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:24 pm I'm yet to establish whether it's safe for Coeliacs, a lot of us (up to a third) have undiagnosed Hypospleenism which of course has a lot to do with the immune system. I will ask for guarantees at the jab site and see what happens from there. I might not be able to have it yet
Bloody hell, I'd think twice about risking it if you haven't got all the necessary info.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:24 pm I'm yet to establish whether it's safe for Coeliacs, a lot of us (up to a third) have undiagnosed Hypospleenism which of course has a lot to do with the immune system. I will ask for guarantees at the jab site and see what happens from there. I might not be able to have it yet
Let us know how you get on faaip
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:14 pm Got mine tomorrow as well
Same here mate
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

Smudge3920 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:10 pm Finally the day arrived...I could as a 65+ years old book to get my jab... spent 4 hours online to be told ...." We are sorry to announce we have used up the current stocks of vaccine, however we assure you, you will be vaccinated by June, thank you for your patience"... wonderful :lol: I now wonder if if it is June of 2021? :shock:
well thats crazy

heard from a friend about booking vaccine locally on line.

went on to website, checked for appointments to find next one was in 10 mins....booked it, went straight there, back home half an hour later with the AZ doing its magic