Summer 2021 squad and transfer discussion- No more incomings for us.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Summer 2021 squad and transfer discussion.

Post by SG90 »

Ron Swanson wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:34 am Some players will undoubtedly leave, but I think it should be those on the periphery rather than binning lads like Klich, who seems burnt out to me, as much as anything else.

The only player we’ve spent £££ on that I’d invite offers on would be Costa, because we parted with £15m+ and the chance to recoup some of that would be welcome.
The reason I said to get rid of Klich is he'll be 31 and hopefully we will sign a better 8 this summer. If Klich is going to be back up, it will push Shack further down the pecking order. Klich hasn't looked good enough for the PL, so why block the route of a young player?
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:27 pm The reason I said to get rid of Klich is he'll be 31 and hopefully we will sign a better 8 this summer. If Klich is going to be back up, it will push Shack further down the pecking order. Klich hasn't looked good enough for the PL, so why block the route of a young player?
While Klich has lost form, he was excellent early in the season and I really doubt that we’ll be letting him walk away. With a proper summer break and a full pre season I think Klich will be back to full power and playing a serious role during next season for us.

It is really difficult for Shackleton, Poveda and a group of the U23’s and with more quality signings this summer they will have to wait their turn. On the other hand, we know we will need a bigger squad of quality so opportunities will open up.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Aguero to Leeds getting a few mentions in some of the less than reliable channels. Whilst I don't think we'd sign him, and his wages will be far too high, would any of you take him if terms were right? For me his injury record would have him as a no due to the demands of Bielsaball, but given how many chances he would get laid on a plate he'd probably score 40 a season.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Aguero? I think an aging superstar with huge wage expectations would be contrary to the whole Bielsa project, so no. I don't see him replacing Bamford, I don't see him having the energy or hunger to slot into Leeds, no interest in him.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Been linked with Venezuelan midfielder Yangel Herrera.

22 year old defensive midfielder who has been playing in a more advanced role for Granada FC in La Liga this season.

Played defensive midfield last season for them and is on loan from Manchester City.

v=
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Phil reporting Forshaw may be in the squad for Liverpool.

Anyone else worried our overly sentimental nature may cost us in the summer?

I know people will say trust the board, trust MB, trust Orta etc but they aren't perfect they do get things wrong and 2nd season is so important.

You have to improve 2nd season, the momentum from promotion is gone and 2nd season syndrome isnt a myth, it happens.

Our starting 11 and match day 18 needs extra quality to bring it upto the level of Raph.

We need to slowly start upgrading the first 11 and that means tough choices have to be made and yes members of that Championship winning squad need to go.

Logically you start with squad players like Forshaw, Roberts, Costa, Casilla, Berardi etc. Thats progress and normal.

Ive no issue with players getting cameos to say bye but i do worry there is a sentimentality about our club that may hinder progression.

Forshaw especially, he has been here 3 years and has only played 52 matches, you cant rely on him, MB rocks a small squad as it is, you cant have unreliable players like Forshaw in it its to risky imo.

Hope he can get his career back on track but it shouldn't be at LUFC imo, we as a club need to move on from his level.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:42 pm Phil reporting Forshaw may be in the squad for Liverpool.
Preparing to flog him by putting him in the shop window giving him game time.

Not necessary for Pablo as every man & his dog knows he is leaving the club.
lufcconnor

Post by lufcconnor »

I just want to keep the key lads around and strengthen where needed. Simple, I know, but it's all I'm after.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I think 2nd season syndrome is a bit of a myth. It depends more on the players. Villa aren't suffering 2nd season syndrome this year. Sheff U had a good season last year but their main problem was scoring goals. They didn't fix it. If Brewster had come in and scored 15 goals then they're not going down. They also lost arguably their best player, Henderson, who went back to MU. They didn't replace him with a keeper of the same stature. The signs were also there towards the end of last season with Sheff U.

The key is to keep improving the squad and fix the weaknesses. Our biggest weakness had been the amount of goals conceded - this however can be fixed without signing anyone if our centrebacks keep fit. After that it is a case of strengthening so areas such as left back and central midfield need strengthening.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

2 new/old links.

First is Ajax and Argentina Left Back Nicolas Tagliafico.

28 years old, known for his energy and tough tackling

Would be a coup similar to how Rodders was seen, only issue i have is his age, he is 29 in the summer, many of our players are all around 30, Dallas, Cooper, Klich, Ayling, Rodders, id rather try to bring in a younger player.

Just my personal view, very good player though.
Second link is an oldie, being linked again with Ryan Kent.

This wouldn't be a shock, its well known that when Bielsa really likes a player he becomes fixated. If Bielsa had had his way Kent would already be a Leeds player as he wanted him over Nketiah

Kent has really stepped up for Rangers this season and is one of the favourites for the SPL Player of the year.

12 goals and 13 assists in all competitions including the Europa League.

Not sure how i feel about this one, always felt Kent had something. Very quick, good dribbler, naturally 2 footed which is incredibly rare

But Scottish football is such a poor standard its hard to judge a player.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:50 pm First is Ajax and Argentina Left Back Nicolas Tagliafico.

28 years old, known for his energy and tough tackling

Would be a coup similar to how Rodders was seen, only issue i have is his age, he is 29 in the summer, many of our players are all around 30, Dallas, Cooper, Klich, Ayling, Rodders, id rather try to bring in a younger player.

Just my personal view, very good player though.
Could almost be a bit like with Wilko towards the end of his reign with him bringing in experienced players to fill holes in the squad until the young players (his 10 year plan) came to fruition. Whilst our youngsters have a lot of talent it is hard to know how many are knocking on the door or whether they are still a year or two away but could be great in a year or two.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not usually a fan of signing players from relegated clubs but when WBA go down we should be all over Matheus Pereria.

Same 13 goal contributions as Jack Harrison in less minutes playing for a far worse and more defensive side.

Same age as Harrison to.

Creates more chances, loses the ball less often (fewer poor touches and tackled per 90mins) , better passing accuracy also.

Plays right wing or as a 10.

Id definitely go for him.

Get Raph to talk nicely to him, both Brazilian and were teammates at Sporting.
Signed

King Cjay

danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:20 pm Not usually a fan of signing players from relegated clubs but when WBA go down we should be all over Matheus Pereria.

Same 13 goal contributions as Jack Harrison in less minutes playing for a far worse and more defensive side.

Same age as Harrison to.

Creates more chances, loses the ball less often (fewer poor touches and tackled per 90mins) , better passing accuracy also.

Plays right wing or as a 10.

Id definitely go for him.

Get Raph to talk nicely to him, both Brazilian and were teammates at Sporting.
would be a good player - they'll want a big fee for him though...around the 25 mill mark wouldn't surprise me
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Two more links.

First is an old link resurfacing.

Cagliari player the versatile Nahitan Nandez whose agent said his client would love to play for Bielsa while we were a Championship team.

Cagliari are only outside the relegation zone in Italy on goal difference.

Not really a creator or goalscorer though which we do need imo from midfield.

The second is 20 year old Georgian wonder kid winger Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (no clue how you say that).

Despite his young age already a full international and a fairly experienced player relatively speaking.

A regular in the Russian Premier league for Rubin Kazan and earned fame by winning MOTM vs Spain for Georgia earlier this season.
Signed

King Cjay

Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

He looks a real baller Cjay. I know highlights reels can be deceiving so all taken with a pinch of salt, but if he's really as good as that reel shows, he's got a hell of a future. Likes to ply left wing too. With Raph on the right, him on the left (and Rodrigo De Paul at #10 :) ) we'd be some team.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

let Go by Leeds for $900,000 to Hull Malik Wilks has scored 22 goals and seven assists, Wilks made League One look like child’s play at times.

Only 22 years old, did we make a mistake to let him go?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

rab_rant wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:07 am let Go by Leeds for $900,000 to Hull Malik Wilks has scored 22 goals and seven assists, Wilks made League One look like child’s play at times.

No
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Chilli D wrote: No
but are you pleased for the boy?

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

rab_rant wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:07 am let Go by Leeds for $900,000 to Hull Malik Wilks has scored 22 goals and seven assists, Wilks made League One look like child’s play at times.

Probably. Still 4 years from peak but we can't keep them all
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

faaip wrote: Probably. Still 4 years from peak but we can't keep them all
looks like he has been lifting weights and shapes now like Traore

https://youtu.be/v8HbJMZcaBU