Summer 2021 squad and transfer discussion- No more incomings for us.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Summer 2021 squad and transfer discussion.

Post by 1964white »

Dortmund showing interest in Raphinha.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:43 am Dortmund showing interest in Raphinha.
Selling Rapg now would be a huge mistake.

Realistic to know he will go eventually but in a few years with the form he is showing he could easily be a £100mil player.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
bobcat
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by bobcat »

1964white wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:43 am Dortmund showing interest in Raphinha.
Nah, a s**t news source mentioned they may be. Dortmund never pays amounts like it will take to even make us pay attention to them. No fear of that transfer at all. At least not until they (maybe) sell Haaland.
Been gone a long while, but back again
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Said in the other thread, with Bournemouth not getting promoted id definitely look at David Brooks.

Only 23/24.

Played generally as a right winger but has played as an attacking midfielder to

Really impressive record.

At Premier league level in only 31 games worth of minutes playing for a club fighting relegation he managed 8 goals and 5 assists when he was only 21/22.

Championship record is 8 goals and 11 assists in only 35 matches.

The only downside is he has missed 51 games through injury in 3 seasons.

However most of that was in his 2nd season at Bournemouth after Ankle surgery.

Very talented player though, for the right price £15mil and Roberts maybe?

Well worth it.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

bobcat wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:02 pm Nah, a s**t news source mentioned they may be. Dortmund never pays amounts like it will take to even make us pay attention to them. No fear of that transfer at all. At least not until they (maybe) sell Haaland.
Indeed Raphinha is going nowhere!
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Pretty confident Rapha is going nowhere
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

If we could sign 3 players I've seen us linked with so far, it'd be Javi Galan, Kvicha Kvaratskhelia and Nahitan Nandez. All three would be a step up in class. :love:

Still think we look at Sergio Romero on a free, rather than spending big on a GK, but knowing scum, he was probably on massive wages. :roll:

I'd love to see us after Kacper Kozlowski too. Only 17 yet made the Poland squad for the Euros and a real special talent. I'd like to see us follow Leipzig/Dortmund model signing young ballers from Europe on the cheap.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:36 am If we could sign 3 players I've seen us linked with so far, it'd be Javi Galan, Kvicha Kvaratskhelia and Nahitan Nandez. All three would be a step up in class. :love:

Still think we look at Sergio Romero on a free, rather than spending big on a GK, but knowing scum, he was probably on massive wages. :roll:

I'd love to see us after Kacper Kozlowski too. Only 17 yet made the Poland squad for the Euros and a real special talent. I'd like to see us follow Leipzig/Dortmund model signing young ballers from Europe on the cheap.
Think Galan makes a lot of sense, despite the relegation it seems he was unlucky to not make the Euro squad.

Kvaratskhelia looks a talent and for under £20mil it seems a risk worth taking.

Nandez on his own? Not for me, imo we need a more creative cm in the mould of Pereria or De Paul, that sort of player, someone to replace Pablo.

Nandez though as an option to deputise for KP and Klich would be good.

If we can save money with Galan then hopefully doable?

Based on the reported fees
Galan- £3.5mil
Kvaratskhelia- £17-20mil.
Nandez- £20-25mil?

Thats £48.5 mil only.

Still room for another £20-25mil marquee signing :)

Dream signing

Houssen Aouer :)
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:39 am Think Galan makes a lot of sense, despite the relegation it seems he was unlucky to not make the Euro squad.

Kvaratskhelia looks a talent and for under £20mil it seems a risk worth taking.

Nandez on his own? Not for me, imo we need a more creative cm in the mould of Pereria or De Paul, that sort of player, someone to replace Pablo.

Nandez though as an option to deputise for KP and Klich would be good.

If we can save money with Galan then hopefully doable?

Based on the reported fees
Galan- £3.5mil
Kvaratskhelia- £17-20mil.
Nandez- £20-25mil?

Thats £48.5 mil only.

Still room for another £20-25mil marquee signing :)

Dream signing

Houssen Aouer :)
Galan is in euros, so it'd be about £3m, even cheaper. :)

As much as I'd love De Paul, it's just not happening. :cry: Too expensive and probably off to Atletico. He deserves Champions League football tbf.

Kvaratskhelia is a bit similar to Gvardiol, world class potential but a big outlay for future. But Gvardiol probably didn't make sense last summer as a newly promoted club, whereas financially we can afford the potential for Kvaratskhelia now. I think it'd be a mistake not to go for him and I can see Bielsa playing him through the middle too.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

2 more links, both to midfielders who can play in the holding or box to box role.

AC Milan and Italy Youth international midfielder Tommaso Pobega.

Has spent the last 3 years on loan in Italy in Serie C, Serie B and last year in Serie A.

Only 21 years old but has made over 100 appearences in all competitions throughout his career.

Scored 6 goals and got 3 assists in Serie A for newly promoted side Spezia last season.

He is 6ft2.
The 2nd is 23 year old Dutch youth international Abdou Harroui.

Plays for Sparta Rotterdam.

Has played over 150 games in Holland and has 34 goals and 21 assists to his name.

Can play cm, rm and dm.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:08 pm Galan is in euros, so it'd be about £3m, even cheaper. :)

As much as I'd love De Paul, it's just not happening. :cry: Too expensive and probably off to Atletico. He deserves Champions League football tbf.

Kvaratskhelia is a bit similar to Gvardiol, world class potential but a big outlay for future. But Gvardiol probably didn't make sense last summer as a newly promoted club, whereas financially we can afford the potential for Kvaratskhelia now. I think it'd be a mistake not to go for him and I can see Bielsa playing him through the middle too.
If things had have worked out differently we could have a midfield containing De Paul, Buendia and Raph :(

Agree on KK.

Still feel we need a De Paul type though as KK for me should be rotating with Harrison.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:18 pm If things had have worked out differently we could have a midfield containing De Paul, Buendia and Raph :(

Agree on KK.

Still feel we need a De Paul type though as KK for me should be rotating with Harrison.
I guess Cunha would be the 10, but he's very expensive as well. Surely there must be some cheap gems out there. :duno:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:28 pm I guess Cunha would be the 10, but he's very expensive as well. Surely there must be some cheap gems out there. :duno:
Been linked with Liverpool as well.

Hope we get some done soon, we know MB likes them early and i suspect he will have his own list of targets.

Bielsa reportedly was tracking Raph also.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:41 pm Been linked with Liverpool as well.

Hope we get some done soon, we know MB likes them early and i suspect he will have his own list of targets.

Bielsa reportedly was tracking Raph also.
I think they're just copying us, first De Paul, then Raph now Cunha :sleep: No doubt KK next. :duno: I thought they were meant to be skint anyway?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:45 pm I think they're just copying us, first De Paul, then Raph now Cunha :sleep: No doubt KK next. :duno: I thought they were meant to be skint anyway?
Read they had £50mil left and then anymore they have to raise through sales.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Dont think this warrants its own thread yet.

But The Athletic have said our long rumoured interest in Macedonian playmaker Eljif Elmas hasnt gone away.

We have been linked to the 21 year old for quite some time.

The Athletic arent known for spouting out click bait transfer gossip for clicks, they are a bit above that so this may be something with some substance.

Indeed an Italian report said we had a £22.5m bud rejected for the Macedonian in the summer.

He certainly fits the bill.

Good age but already experienced. Already has nearly 200 club games to his name in Serie A, Turkey, Europa League and Champions League.

Is considered one of the brightest prospects in Europe, Napoli had to fight hard to get him from Fenerbache (Man City, Bayern and others were targeting him).

Is known for his creativity and aggression, not brilliant defensively but like our own Macedonian he gives everything to the cause.

He is a box to box midfielder or a 10.

As for why would Napoli sell? Money, most European leagues are struggling financially.

Maybe one to watch this one.

The Athletic arent prone to lies and it is already reported that we had a bid rejected in the summer last year.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

We are now Fulham's 26-year-old midfielder Harrison Reed. (probably lazy journalism)

Pablo could join Spanish second division side FC Cartagena.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote:We are now Fulham's 26-year-old midfielder Harrison Reed. (probably lazy journalism)

Pablo could join Spanish second division side FC Cartagena.
he's a ginger get him.
Leeds have always done well with gingers

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

A new name to add to the list.

Lyon and Ivory Coast utility man Maxwel Cornet.

Have to take all links with a pinch of salt but this one at least on the face of it has credibility.

For a start he is a very experienced player despite only being 24. He has been a first team regular at Lyon since he was 19. Well over 200 career league games including Champions League and Europa League.

He is extremely versatile.

Up until 18 months or so ago he was a flying winger, a pretty decent one to. 2018/2019 season he got 12 goals and 5 assists playing on the right wing, 3 in the Champions league.

Last season as a left back he got 4 goals and 6 assists, so similar to Ali really.

Lyon apparently want £20mil.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Whether you feel we made a mistake last summer or not ( i definitely do) , that is exceptional value.

£30million.

Whats that get you normally?

Emi Buendia, similar player but has had his best years in the 2nd division, he was £33mil upfront rising to £38mil, only 2.5 years between them, De Paul has been carrying Udinese in Serie A for more than that.

Wolves spent more than that on a kid with 12 matches and 1 goal to his name ( £35mil on Fabio SIlva)

Arsenal want £20mil for Nketiah

£30mil for a full international and Captain in a major league who has statistically been one of the best in Europe in his position for multiple seasons (not just one) 3 or 4 is exceptional value, fair play to A Madrid.

We will do very well to get close to that value imo, on the face of it that is exceptionally good, Atletico Madrid dont tend to make many mistakes transfer wise.
Signed

King Cjay