Summer 2021 squad and transfer discussion- No more incomings for us.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Summer 2021 squad and transfer discussion.

Post by Cjay »

Remember when Almada won a poll on signing we most wanted on here :(

However. i seem to remember he has some very serious legal issues hanging over him.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:22 pm
Remember when Almada won a poll on signing we most wanted on here :(

However. i seem to remember he has some very serious legal issues hanging over him.
What a weird move that'd be. They've just sacked Heinze as well.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:27 pm What a weird move that'd be. They've just sacked Heinze as well.
Indeedy, very odd, cheap to, only about £13million.

But just checked, he was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault back in February.

Doesnt seem like the case has been dismissed so who knows.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

So only a month left. Have we left it too late? :duno:

I can't wait to hear the dreaded "Forshaw is like a new signing" spin from Angus. :roll:

Herrera and Kvaratskhelia, get it done. Think you could get around £35m for the pair.
Last edited by SG90 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

one for first teamer in and I will be happy, central midfielder please.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:14 am
I can't wait to hear the dreaded "Forshaw is like a new signing" spin from Angus. :roll:
:rol: :rol: :rol:
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

I find the guys that want to overhaul the squad most odd, evolution not revolution is the way to go, it has been proven time and again.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:14 am So only a month left. Have we left it too late? :duno:

Herrera and Kvaratskhelia, get it done. Think you could get around £35m for the pair.
Its disappointing that its now August and Orta wanted signings in by July 1st. Still think that was a stupid thing to say given we have literally never got our business done early like Bielsa wants.

What i find more concerning is Phil has said basically they always wanted a left back, then a cm and maybe a winger, so we only ever wanted 2 signings?

Is that really all? 2 1st team signings and maybe a 3rd but not a priority.

I still say this summer is the season to build, how many more seasons we got with Bielsa? 1 maybe?

Ffp has been relaxed.

So lets be ambitious bring in 3 to 4 first 11 starters.

I am really concerned about this season for reasons i said in my cycle thread.

Its not negativity but standing still and taking last season for granted and assuming other teams wont improve and we wont regress is risky imo.

Failing to build a proper squad and just going "ah Bielsa will sort it" is another risk.

Hopefully unfounded and daft but its how i feel atm.

Oh and we been linked to Marco Asensio :)
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

mav wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:48 am I find the guys that want to overhaul the squad most odd, evolution not revolution is the way to go, it has been proven time and again.
Exactly and we added 4 players last year and still not using two of them yet. Firpo this year. If you add 3/4 big money signings yearly you'll wreck any balance while forcing talented 23's out of the picture for ever

From a good team, and we were last season, (forget the we're only Championship quality bullshit,) you want one maybe two kids to come through and add new players judiciously. Still think we may add one more but there's no clear path to playing time unless we're giving up on Rodrigo already..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:45 am Exactly and we added 4 players last year and still not using two of them yet. Firpo this year. If you add 3/4 big money signings yearly you'll wreck any balance while forcing talented 23's out of the picture for ever

From a good team, and we were last season, (forget the we're only Championship quality bullshit,) you want one maybe two kids to come through and add new players judiciously. Still think we may add one more but there's no clear path to playing time unless we're giving up on Rodrigo already..
It's average players like Costa and Roberts blocking youth, not international signings.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:40 am Its disappointing that its now August and Orta wanted signings in by July 1st. Still think that was a stupid thing to say given we have literally never got our business done early like Bielsa wants.

What i find more concerning is Phil has said basically they always wanted a left back, then a cm and maybe a winger, so we only ever wanted 2 signings?

Is that really all? 2 1st team signings and maybe a 3rd but not a priority.

I still say this summer is the season to build, how many more seasons we got with Bielsa? 1 maybe?

Ffp has been relaxed.

So lets be ambitious bring in 3 to 4 first 11 starters.

I am really concerned about this season for reasons i said in my cycle thread.

Its not negativity but standing still and taking last season for granted and assuming other teams wont improve and we wont regress is risky imo.

Failing to build a proper squad and just going "ah Bielsa will sort it" is another risk.

Hopefully unfounded and daft but its how i feel atm.

Oh and we been linked to Marco Asensio :)
Completely agree.

You can't rely on average Championship players running around forever. Klich struggled last year and being a year older, it'll only get worse this time around.

Raphinha looks levels above on a technical and skill level. Even when he has a bad game, he still gets a goal or assist.

Dallas is not a creative player and never has been.

Asensio ooh sounds good :love:
dester23
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by dester23 »

Asensio is average at best. Have you watched any of his 50 last games. He loses every ball he gets.

After spending 100 million last summer is obvious that this year will be more calmed. Lets no forget we have to pay 20 millions for Agustin.
The team last yeear performed well even we suffered a lot of injuries.

I dont see the point of signing too many expensive players for bench, honestly.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:48 am It's average players like Costa and Roberts blocking youth, not international signings.
Roberts is high upside and still a kid... But I get following the herd thinking on Roberts..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I've also never said Roberts should start but he's worth his place on the bench... Costa I'm less sure about as he should be around his peak right now
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:03 pm Roberts is high upside and still a kid... But I get following the herd thinking on Roberts..
Based on the years of laziness and bang average performances.

He isnt a kid, he is older than Foden, Meslier, Struijk, Greenwood etc all of whom have shown far more than Roberts over the years.

Said it before say it again, Roberts reminds me of Roofe, similar player and similar level

Roofe plays where he does for a reason, so will Roberts
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:51 am Completely agree.

You can't rely on average Championship players running around forever. Klich struggled last year and being a year older, it'll only get worse this time around.

Raphinha looks levels above on a technical and skill level. Even when he has a bad game, he still gets a goal or assist.

Dallas is not a creative player and never has been.

Asensio ooh sounds good :love:
Agreed

Raph is the level we should be aiming for

The Championship sides cycle ended this season gone for me .

3 or 4 first 11 players are required in order to evolve the squad
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

dester23 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:37 pm Asensio is average at best. Have you watched any of his 50 last games. He loses every ball he gets.

After spending 100 million last summer is obvious that this year will be more calmed. Lets no forget we have to pay 20 millions for Agustin.
The team last yeear performed well even we suffered a lot of injuries.

I dont see the point of signing too many expensive players for bench, honestly.
But not being good enough for Real Madrid is still levels above what we have tbh.

Although I'd rather Kvaratskhelia, but we don't seem interested. :cry:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:04 pm I've also never said Roberts should start but he's worth his place on the bench... Costa I'm less sure about as he should be around his peak right now
Problem is Costa and Roberts are 2 guaranteed subs, which means we have only one more sub available, and the youngsters will be fighting it out with either Klich or Rodrigo (whoever starts on the bench), so have no chance of getting on.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:23 pm Agreed

Raph is the level we should be aiming for

The Championship sides cycle ended this season gone for me .

3 or 4 first 11 players are required in order to evolve the squad
The perfect mix is quality signings mixed in with talented youngsters already at the club.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

dester23 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:37 pm Lets no forget we have to pay 20 millions for Agustin.
Nantes the latest team to want rid allegedly. Celtic showing interest, their fan base having mixed opinions on social media.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.