Summer 2021 squad and transfer discussion- No more incomings for us.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Summer 2021 squad and transfer discussion.

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:58 pm
:(

Missed our chance last.summer imo, far to much competition now.

Well done Victor :clap:

£35mil was a more than fair price, we paid only £5mil less for Rodrigo Moreno who says himself he isnt a lone striker or a cm.

i will never understand why they picked the Rodrigo they did.
Yeah, defo think we missed the boat with RDP, he'll take a quicker route to the top now.

With Rodrigo, as I remember Rodders came late in the window, and apart from the fact that it would be challenging to adjust to Bielsaball and the EPL, he's also had Covid and his share of injuries. So I really feel like the best is yet to come from Rodders and if we can keep him injury and illness free we will have a great player on our hands, I think Bielsa has said this fairly recently.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ng-3231648
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

2 new links today, both from the Bundesliga.

Both Croatian internationals.

Firstly, 23 year old left back Borna Sosa of Stuttgart. Versatile player who can play either as a left back or a left winger.

Known for his crossing ability he is also over 6ft and has a decent aerial presence.

10 assists this season.

Source of the link is Croatian football agent Franjo Vranjkovic.
Second link is another left sided Croatian player, Josip Brekalo.

22 year old left winger who has been compared style wise to Dutch icon Arjen Robben.

Plays for Wolfsburg and has 7 goals and 3 assists this season for Bundesliga's 3rd placed side.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think the consolation prize for not getting De Paul was Raphinha ... I love Raphinha, Well done Victor

Goal every 3.75 games for De Paul and ditto for assists ..according to who scored he has 9 of each

Goal every 3.88 games for Raphinha and assists is one per 3.33 games .

Raphinha plays in a tougher league

I think had we got De Paul we don't get Raph
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:13 am I think the consolation prize for not getting De Paul was Raphinha ... I love Raphinha, Well done Victor

Goal every 3.75 games for De Paul and ditto for assists ..according to who scored he has 9 of each

Goal every 3.88 games for Raphinha and assists is one per 3.33 games .

Raphinha plays in a tougher league

I think had we got De Paul we don't get Raph
If Manure had played ball and Rob Price hadnt have stepped in the consolation for De Paul would have been Dan James and Michael Cuisance (who is up for Flop of the season in French football awards).

Circumstances and other people saved ole Vic's arse in the summer.

We all love Raph though but Vic was a lucky boy as were we
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Both players wanted by MB I'd imagine... Dan James may have been a massive hit here.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

New link today coming out of Germany again.

From a fairly reputable souce German source, Bild.

Hertha BSC forward, Brazilian star Matheus Cunha.

A Brazilian Youth International star with 16 goals in 13 games for the Brazilian u23s.

Was top scorer at the 2019 Toulon Tournament which Brazil won.

Can play as a number 9, left wing or as a number 10.

In 45 games worth of Bundesliga minutes he has 14 goals and 10 assists in his career.

7 goals and 6 assists this season.

Bild report that Cunha would be interested in the move but wouldn't be cheap.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds United are ahead of AC Milan in the race to sign 26-year-old Udinese midfielder Rodrigo De Paul, but Liverpool are also said to be interested in the Argentina international. (Il Milanista - in Italian)
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

1964white wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:13 pm Leeds United are ahead of AC Milan in the race to sign 26-year-old Udinese midfielder Rodrigo De Paul, but Liverpool are also said to be interested in the Argentina international. (Il Milanista - in Italian)
Please let this happen. :love: I know it likely won't but I've built an unhealthy obsession with seeing this lad play for us. :geek: :oops:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Lumiukko wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:09 pm Please let this happen. :love: I know it likely won't but I've built an unhealthy obsession with seeing this lad play for us. :geek: :oops:
Seems like its been going on for ever dont it ...
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

I think it works in our favour that De Paul has already shown enthusiasm for joining Leeds in the past and that he's near guaranteed a starting spot once he's bedded in a la Raph.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:13 pm Leeds United are ahead of AC Milan in the race to sign 26-year-old Udinese midfielder Rodrigo De Paul, but Liverpool are also said to be interested in the Argentina international. (Il Milanista - in Italian)
Kinnear said on The Phil Hay Show on The Athletic when asked about signing De Paul from Udinese: “If we had the money, I think we would just buy him, just to shut you guys up. I don’t think that one has any legs.”

That is that then.

I will never ever for as long as i live understand why we refused to pay the money for De Paul last summer.

He seemed perfect, stats wise, playing style wise, he even publicly called for the deal.

Our refusal to pay only £5mil more than we paid for Rodrigo Moreno for a player who statistically had been one of the best in Europe in a position we desperately needed will baffle me for ever.

£20mil for Costa, over 20mil for Cuisance and JKA, 30mil for Ben White, our valuations of players is very odd, De Paul was worth every penny of the asking price.
Signed

King Cjay

Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Cjay wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:49 pm Kinnear said on The Phil Hay Show on The Athletic when asked about signing De Paul from Udinese: “If we had the money, I think we would just buy him, just to shut you guys up. I don’t think that one has any legs.”

That is that then.

I will never ever for as long as i live understand why we refused to pay the money for De Paul last summer.

He seemed perfect, stats wise, playing style wise, he even publicly called for the deal.

Our refusal to pay only £5mil more than we paid for Rodrigo Moreno for a player who statistically had been one of the best in Europe in a position we desperately needed will baffle me for ever.

£20mil for Costa, over 20mil for Cuisance and JKA, 30mil for Ben White, our valuations of players is very odd, De Paul was worth every penny of the asking price.
I don't necessarily regret purchasing Rodrigo of Spain (not that you're saying that either), though I absolutely agree about our valuations of players/willingness to pay such amounts as 20 mill for Cuisance and 30 mill for Ben White but then not go in for RDP. Perhaps there was more to it with the hierarchy at Udinese that we're just not party to.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:16 am New link today coming out of Germany again.

A Brazilian Youth International star with 16 goals in 13 games for the Brazilian u23s.

In 45 games worth of Bundesliga minutes he has 14 goals and 10 assists in his career.

Yes please :love: Just like watching Brazil!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Rodrigo outstanding today, best striker performance I've seen in a long time for us albeit a short one.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

faaip wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:33 pm Rodrigo outstanding today, best striker performance I've seen in a long time for us albeit a short one.
Absolutely stunning. :ok:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Fantastic now isn't it, we are starting to show now we are relatively injury free, we have some depth and option's...outstanding shift today, so happy for Rodders.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Had a dream, second time in 3 weeks, that Rodrigo De Paul signs for us. I reckon there's more accuracy in that, than half the drivel the rags serve up in their transfer gossip. You heard it here first. :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds United and West Ham will reportedly come up against Inter Milan, Roma and Napoli in the hunt for £30m-rated Cagliari midfielder Nahitan Nandez's signature this summer. The 25-year-old from Uruguay has a contract with the Serie A side until 2024.
bobcat
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by bobcat »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:16 am New link today coming out of Germany again.

Just signed an extension through 2025. Too rich for our blood now.
Been gone a long while, but back again
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

bobcat wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:17 am Just signed an extension through 2025. Too rich for our blood now.
Ah thats a shame i suppose, expensive risk though.
Signed

King Cjay