Summer 2021 squad and transfer discussion- No more incomings for us.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Summer 2021 squad and transfer discussion.

Post by The Subhuman »

Sounds like your saying Orta brow beats Bielsa into liking a player, I have a touch more respect for Bielsa's ability to see a player for what he is himself, and the strength to say no.

There's no good reason for bringing players to the club that Marcelo doesn't approve. The hidden issue of course is how said player gets on with Bielsa's style of coaching and whether 100M or 200K if they can't do it they won't get played
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I can't see Bielsa being browbeaten into any signing, certainly not at first team level. The only one where there is any suggestion would be Nketiah but for me Nketiah was probably the best option available out of few options which is the main reason he didn't fit the exact needs of the position.
As for Dan James don't forget the file that Bielsa had on him. I think it was during the Spygate sh*te that it was shown that he had a folder specifically about Dan James.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not brow beat at all, that isnt what i said and dont appreciate having words put into my mouth thanks.

As Weasel said Nketiah was an example of what i meant.

Kent was Bielsa's pick and Nketiah was Orta's. That was reported, i havent imagined that or decided that on my own.

The club or Orta specifically thought the club needed more of a striker to replace Roofe and Bielsa didnt.

So Orta convinced Bielsa on that, not brow beat or anything so daft, just talked him into it.

That imo happens (and has happened at MB's other clubs so it isnt a ludicrous suggestion).
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

And when it dud he walked so ipso facto it hasn't happened here
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Edit
Last edited by Cjay on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Last post on this subject.

I am not suggesting that Orta signs players against Bielsa's will.

But i am suggesting that every conversation doesnt go like this

Orta- Hi Marcelo i have this player to suggest, what do you think?

Bielsa- Bueno Victor, perfect, lets buy him.

Rather i am saying that sometimes it goes like this

Victor- Hi Marcelo i have this player to suggest, what do you think?

Bielsa- I am not sure Victor he doesnt seem ideal to me for this this and this reason.

Victor- I understand your view but how about this this and this

Bielsa- Yes i see your point but i think maybe this and for that reason i am unsure.

Victor- Thats understandable but if you consider this and this then i think it can work.

And so on and so on.

They discuss it and Orta puts his view across and eventually maybe MB relents maybe he doesnt, but ultimately it wasnt his first choice at the start.

Thats all i was saying and imo thats perfectly logical.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Apparently the Kvaratskhelia to Milan stuff was bollocks and Rubin Kazan want 18m euros. Come on Leeds, that's just over £15m for a baller. Much better and cheaper than Dan James.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:11 pm Not brow beat at all, that isnt what i said and dont appreciate having words put into my mouth thanks.

As Weasel said Nketiah was an example of what i meant.

Kent was Bielsa's pick and Nketiah was Orta's. That was reported, i havent imagined that or decided that on my own.

The club or Orta specifically thought the club needed more of a striker to replace Roofe and Bielsa didnt.

So Orta convinced Bielsa on that, not brow beat or anything so daft, just talked him into it.

That imo happens (and has happened at MB's other clubs so it isnt a ludicrous suggestion).
Orta really wanted Harry Wilson last summer, but Bielsa said no. Thank God Bielsa got the final say lol.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Thus proving my point
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:16 pm Orta really wanted Harry Wilson last summer, but Bielsa said no. Thank God Bielsa got the final say lol.
“As for Harry Wilson, Orta is always hugely keen on him but Bielsa hasn’t sanctioned a move for him yet. I get the impression that Bielsa thinks more of Ryan Kent.” So says Phil Hay.

I remember the Wilson/Kent stuff pre Roofe leaving and once Roofe left Orta switched to Nketiah.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:27 pm Thus proving my point
No :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It does .. Orta over ruled by Bielsa. Bielsa has the most input into incoming players.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Which is why Gallagher makes a lot of sense, he's a prototypical Bielsa player. Personally I don't really care if he becomes a LUFC player or not but if he does he gets my support.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:07 pm Which is why Gallagher makes a lot of sense, he's a prototypical Bielsa player. Personally I don't really care if he becomes a LUFC player or not but if he does he gets my support.
Then Chelski flog him for £50m next summer and we're back to square one looking for a replacement. :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Depends on the deal plus a one yr loan may suit us too. Next season if all goes well we might be able to throw 40-50M for a 8 or 10... I still think too many are playing Championship manager and not thinking in realistic terms
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:04 pm It does .. Orta over ruled by Bielsa. Bielsa has the most input into incoming players.
So Bielsa really wanted Lewis Baker, Izzy Brown, Jamal Blackman, JKA, Eddie Nletiah?

Sorry Faaip but its pretty obvious that Orta picked certain players and Bielsa was convinced and then once they arrived he decided they werent right and hardly used them.

We know Bielsa doesnt always get his way, he didnt want Vieira sold, Jack Clarke sold etc so he clearly is willing to do things he isnt sure about.

And DOF's signing players managers arent sure about happens all the time, its ludicrous to suggest it doesnt happen to Bielsa or that Orta simply just says ok and moves on if Bielsa says no to a player.

Marseille signed Doria after he joined and Bielsa didnt know who he even was. Did he quit? No he stayed for the season.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:21 pm Depends on the deal plus a one yr loan may suit us too. Next season if all goes well we might be able to throw 40-50M for a 8 or 10... I still think too many are playing Championship manager and not thinking in realistic terms
I can't see us spending £50m for a long time. No to mention it's barbaric spending that much money on a player.

I'd rather Bielsa developed players for Leeds and not others.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:46 pm “As for Harry Wilson, Orta is always hugely keen on him but Bielsa hasn’t sanctioned a move for him yet. I get the impression that Bielsa thinks more of Ryan Kent.” So says Phil Hay.

I remember the Wilson/Kent stuff pre Roofe leaving and once Roofe left Orta switched to Nketiah.
And rightly so. Bamford spent most of the previous season injured so no way should we have gone into the promotion season with just Bamford as our only striker. If Bamford had got injured and Nketiah had replaced him and done the business it would have been seen as a great signing. Given our budget then Nketiah made the most sense if we could only afford one.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Yet another player linked to LUFC

Screenshot 2021-07-27 18.07.21.png
Screenshot 2021-07-27 18.07.21.png (331.03 KiB) Viewed 718 times
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Spurs now being linked with Kvaratskhelia. :cry: What a waste that would be, playing Nuno hoofball. :roll: Come on Leeds, let's get him!