3-4 year cycle

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: 3-4 year cycle

Post by SG90 »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:18 am Yep, spot on

I would also add that the focus seems to have been strengthening the U23’s under the mistaken belief those players could go again.
We had the euphoria from the promotion last season plus the fact that most teams weren’t ready for our style of play.
That euphoria has now lapsed and Premiership managers have the knowledge and the squads to nullify our methods.

For all his brilliance Bielsa has misjudged badly. With one or two exceptions his “18” is not Premiership quality and will take a minor miracle to change quickly. I know we cannot throw loads of money at the issue,but Paphinha aside,what we have bought have been average at best.
And therein lies the problem, we've spent £160m since promotion and still picking the same players from 4/5 years ago. But Orta gets a free pass despite all the money he's wasted.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

SG90 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:55 am And therein lies the problem, we've spent £160m since promotion and still picking the same players from 4/5 years ago. But Orta gets a free pass despite all the money he's wasted.
He doesn’t get a free pass from me. Despite the undoubted successes of Raphinha and Meslier I still think he’s well on the debit side of the ledger as far as his transfer dealings are concerned.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Orta’s distinctly below average performance in the transfer market is compounded by the lack of integration of U23s into the first team squad.
Creswell played as well as any centre half this season and is back on the sidelines. Gelhardt and Greenwood have been banging them in but we are persisting with an out of sorts,out of position Rodrigo. Bate evidently is one of the best midfielders at that level but the manager persists with Roberts and now,shudder, Forshaw.