Covid

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Covid passports

Yes
45%
No
48%
Don't know
7%

Total votes: 44

whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Covid passports

Post by whiteroseboy »

Leeds1000 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:37 pm Where did i say it wasn't real or that i have not had the jab? If you want to constantly live in fear that is your choice but spare a thought for the vast majority of people who want to get on with our lives. :tup:
You didn't say it wasn't real but you did liken it to a cold, Flu as you mentioned is nearer but nowhere near as dangerous especially to younger people. The difference with covid is the long term effect it can have on people's lungs.

Think we all agree we want to get on with our lives where have I said I'm against that. That's why the majority are more than happy to have the vaccination and come out of it safely.
Had my jabs so why do you say I live in fear?
No fear here and nothing in what I said suggests that.

My thoughts are we are winning the battle but the war against the virus isn't over so just need to tread carefully as we open up, why blow it.
Examples are the 2000 cases related to Scotland fans at the Euros reported this week and the increased numbers among Man City & Chelsea fans after returning from the Champions League final.
Expecting things to improve as the vaccination is available to all adults.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:03 pm I can't wait until they stop testing and recording cases. Its not translating into deaths and that's what we all wanted. The symptoms from the so called Delta version are supposed to be similar to a cold (when i sneeze should i get tested)??? :poorly: I believe The jab workers are working on a booster for the over 50's ready for winter along with the standard Flu jab. I keep hearing people say we are set for a bumper flu season, i'm not sure how people will know the difference? I just hope they make masks optional not mandatory.
You would think it's already optional here in St Ives, no one gives a chuff even though case rates have risen by a third over the last week.

Young people think they are invincible :(
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

My 15 year old son was pulled from school on Monday having apparently been in close contact with another pupil who has tested positive. He can't go back until next Tuesday. Yesterday had a lengthy letter by email from the school principal to say that over 65% of Year Ten pupils are self isolating together with 17 members of staff. He has reluctantly closed the school to Year Ten pupils until next Friday so it's back to online schooling. He's missed 2 of his mock GCSEs which will be taken at some point before school finishes for the Summer.

Covid rates are seemingly rife in Leeds at the moment.

:bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

becchio bear wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:27 pm My 15 year old son was pulled from school on Monday having apparently been in close contact with another pupil who has tested positive. He can't go back until next Tuesday. Yesterday had a lengthy letter by email from the school principal to say that over 65% of Year Ten pupils are self isolating together with 17 members of staff. He has reluctantly closed the school to Year Ten pupils until next Friday so it's back to online schooling. He's missed 2 of his mock GCSEs which will be taken at some point before school finishes for the Summer.

Everyone pushing the issue now to re-open is clouding the matter, sadly I doubt we will ever know the if it is safe or not anymore , well at least for a very long time.

Hope your lad is ok BB
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Smudge3920 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:19 pm Everyone pushing the issue now to re-open is clouding the matter, sadly I doubt we will ever know the if it is safe or not anymore , well at least for a very long time.

Hope your lad is ok BB
So far no symptoms so fingers crossed it stays like that. A girl in his year was sent home last week, she was asymptomatic and has passed Covid to her dad who is very poorly, it is still real and it is still out there. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:27 pm My 15 year old son was pulled from school on Monday having apparently been in close contact with another pupil who has tested positive. He can't go back until next Tuesday. Yesterday had a lengthy letter by email from the school principal to say that over 65% of Year Ten pupils are self isolating together with 17 members of staff. He has reluctantly closed the school to Year Ten pupils until next Friday so it's back to online schooling. He's missed 2 of his mock GCSEs which will be taken at some point before school finishes for the Summer.

Hope your son shows no symptoms Ang.

Until everybody is jabbed covid is always going to raise it's ugly head :(
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

BB, Got to be a worry but it is a sensible precaution, odds are very much with you but its still fingers crossed your son is OK.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

A 'Flu jab could be a sensible precaution and Covid-19 is not much different, but I've never had a 'flu jab and I will probably never have a Covid-19 shot.

Why? Because my immune system seems to cope with the diseases and I've had BOTH. Why would I want to have a shot when my body has already coped with the disease?

Less hysteria is the answer
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Norm wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:00 am A 'Flu jab could be a sensible precaution and Covid-19 is not much different, but I've never had a 'flu jab and I will probably never have a Covid-19 shot.

Why? Because my immune system seems to cope with the diseases and I've had BOTH. Why would I want to have a shot when my body has already coped with the disease?

Less hysteria is the answer
There is a possibility that vaccinating into the pandemic is driving the creation of variants. I don't claim to understand the science, but it's an interesting listen:

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/b ... 0518326960
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Sara, my position remains the same - I've had the disease, which was largely asymptomatic, except for a 1-time temperature spike to 105.6 degrees, followed by a restoration to 98.8 within 6 hours. Debbie and Michael have no symptoms despite being in close contact with me through the whole episode.

The only reason we would have Covid-19 shots is because it may be mandatory to get into England in the next few months.
All this BS about refusal to have a vaccination being anti-social and selfish is rubbish. Any airborne disease is there to be treated, primarily, by our own immune systems, and mine has proved that it can.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Norm wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:35 am Sara, my position remains the same - I've had the disease, which was largely asymptomatic, except for a 1-time temperature spike to 105.6 degrees, followed by a restoration to 98.8 within 6 hours. Debbie and Michael have no symptoms despite being in close contact with me through the whole episode.

The only reason we would have Covid-19 shots is because it may be mandatory to get into England in the next few months.
All this BS about refusal to have a vaccination being anti-social and selfish is rubbish. Any airborne disease is there to be treated, primarily, by our own immune systems, and mine has proved that it can.
I'm in the same position, Norm. I was really ill with covid, but survived, so will have some natural immunity now. For me, the potential risks of having the vaccine outweigh the current risks from covid. For others that may be different.

You may have missed the point above, which was that widespread vaccination could cause more problems for the future than it solves for the present. That being the case, it is not 'irresponsible' for those least at risk not to be vaccinated; indeed, the opposite could be true. The most irresponsible course is the suppression of evidence which doesn't fit the narrative.
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

SaraM wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:18 am There is a possibility that vaccinating into the pandemic is driving the creation of variants. I don't claim to understand the science, but it's an interesting listen:

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/b ... 0518326960
There is some facts in it that viruses can mutate due to vaccines however they will mutate anyway but it's a often debated point whether vaccines speed it up.
In this case the current variants such as Delta, South African and Brazillian mutated before vaccines where widely administered in the regions they first appeared.

Even if mutations do happen in future partly caused by vaccines its actually quite easy to tweak things and keep on top.

Vaccines have helped control many global diseases such as Small Pox, Polio, and TB.

You will always get a few experts wanting their 15mins of Fame which some cling to but the majority of scientists think the vaccines are the way out as with the other things I mention.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

whiteroseboy wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:15 pm There is some facts in it that viruses can mutate due to vaccines however they will mutate anyway but it's a often debated point whether vaccines speed it up.
In this case the current variants such as Delta, South African and Brazillian mutated before vaccines where widely administered in the regions they first appeared.

Even if mutations do happen in future partly caused by vaccines its actually quite easy to tweak things and keep on top.

Vaccines have helped control many global diseases such as Small Pox, Polio, and TB.

You will always get a few experts wanting their 15mins of Fame which some cling to but the majority of scientists think the vaccines are the way out as with the other things I mention.
You can't compare the mRNA technology with traditional vaccines and assume it will have no issues on that basis; that's completely unscientific. We have a new, untried technology, being used in an unprecedented situation of a global rollout, in the midst of an ongoing pandemic. It is not possible to know the long term implications of that at this stage, which is why it is important to consider new research and evidence as it comes to light. Glib dismissals are irresponsible and in no one's interest.
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

SaraM wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:34 pm You can't compare the mRNA technology with traditional vaccines and assume it will have no issues on that basis; that's completely unscientific. We have a new, untried technology, being used in an unprecedented situation of a global rollout, in the midst of an ongoing pandemic. It is not possible to know the long term implications of that at this stage, which is why it is important to consider new research and evidence as it comes to light. Glib dismissals are irresponsible and in no one's interest.
Did I mention MRNa?

Of course it was rushed through as thousands worldwide were losing their lives and suffering long term health effects.
I'm not disagreeing that it hasn't had long term trials and can't be 100% certain. What I do know having worked in the chemical development industry for over 30 years (wasn't a chemist though) that something like 98% of tests/trials are done in the early stages and its very very rare to have issues in long term trials.
Development of drugs/vaccines is costly and companies nowadays compared to in the past carry out far more tests and are as near as you get to certain as you can be before the long trials.

As I have said previously the choice is with all of us personally the quicker the virus is beaten the better in my view. It's personal with me to be honest and I hate seeing the death figures (close to 4 Mill worldwide and still growing). Pleased I had the vaccines :tup:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

There are two aspects of taking the vaccine that are not being discussed on this forum that is suffering from a cytokine storm, and the other is A D E ( antibody dependent enhancement).

Both of these conditions are known to exist and all of the articles that I have read say that there nothing to worry about.

So the scientific Community are reassuring the public that nothing can go wrong if covid hits again.

You are safe.

CYTOKINE STORM
https://www.verywellhealth.com/cytokine ... me-4842383

ADE
https://health-desk.org/articles/are-co ... nhancement

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:46 pm There are two aspects of taking the vaccine that are not being discussed on this forum that is suffering from a cytokine storm, and the other is A D E ( antibody dependent enhancement).

Both of these conditions are known to exist and all of the articles that I have read say that there nothing to worry about.

So the scientific Community are reassuring the public that nothing can go wrong if covid hits again.

You are safe.

CYTOKINE STORM
https://www.verywellhealth.com/cytokine ... me-4842383

ADE
https://health-desk.org/articles/are-co ... nhancement

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk
Tell us more?

There are always risks but it's about percentages as I understand.

Can you show us evidence that the two things you mention, Cytokine (which I've previously not heard of) and ADE are a bigger risk than Covid.
Consider that 4 million have already died (could be more as some countries are not announcing numbers) and many more are suffering Long Covid (if you know anyone with it you will see how awful it is).

It's been known about ADE a long time but it's widely accepted that the benefit of vaccines (all not just covid) far out way the risks.
Same ADE argument goes for anti-biotics but they save more life's than anything.
Of course you can always find someone that will.make a case the other way but I prefer to trust the majority of experts when I'm not qualified myself.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

whiteroseboy wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:11 pm Did I mention MRNa?

Of course it was rushed through as thousands worldwide were losing their lives and suffering long term health effects.
I'm not disagreeing that it hasn't had long term trials and can't be 100% certain. What I do know having worked in the chemical development industry for over 30 years (wasn't a chemist though) that something like 98% of tests/trials are done in the early stages and its very very rare to have issues in long term trials.
Development of drugs/vaccines is costly and companies nowadays compared to in the past carry out far more tests and are as near as you get to certain as you can be before the long trials.

As I have said previously the choice is with all of us personally the quicker the virus is beaten the better in my view. It's personal with me to be honest and I hate seeing the death figures (close to 4 Mill worldwide and still growing). Pleased I had the vaccines :tup:
We should be talking about mRNA because, as I said, it's a completely new technology, and unforeseen side effects are already appearing.

Biodistribution; the vaccine is travelling around the body instead of remaining at the injection site. The lipid nanoparticles which coat the vaccine have been observed to build up in the ovaries, posing as yet unknown risks for health and fertility in women.

Also, the mRNA specifically encodes the spike proteins of the virus, and it is now evident that the spike proteins themselves are biologically active, and can cause toxicity. They were engineered to remain fixed to the surface of cells, but can break free and travel around the body, creating a range of serious adverse reactions. This is the sort of thing that could have been identified with adequate clinical trials prior to rollout.

To compound the problem, reporting of serious side effects is being censored and suppressed; for example, a user group of 200,000 people reporting symptoms has been removed from Facebook. Tarring any such discussion with the 'anti vax' label is inhibiting doctors from linking problems they are seeing, such as miscarriages and heart attacks, with the vaccine. Again, this needs to be openly investigated to form a clearer picture, not simply dismissed because of political pressure and wishful thinking.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Seriously Sara? So the work of doctors and scientists is being impeded because they can't see what anonymous people on Facebook are posting!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

There is no denying that censorship on Facebook on YouTube is going on.

last weekend there was a huge anti lockdown demonstration in London and there was not a whisper in the mainstream media... and if anything was said it was very biased reporting.

all types of descent are lumped together with conspiracy theories and anti-vaxers... ordinary People don't seem to have a voice and they are silenced.

https://youtu.be/2GBcOCutzhc

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

This will cease when the government decides what it deems an acceptable level of death, as is the case with flu.
Wish they would blow as much money on heart disease and cancer.