Covid

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Covid passports

Yes
45%
No
48%
Don't know
7%

Total votes: 44

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Covid Wars

Post by 1964white »

Two of 1000's of casualties recently, a Belfast mother 55yo & her 32yo daughter (both care workers) have lost their lives to Covid

Sammi Jo's father, Kevin McAllister, told the BBC’s Nolan Show: “This has just shattered my world. I’ve lost my daughter, my best friend.” He said Forde, who had four children, and Maddern were “very, very close”. “They worked together, they lived together and they died together,” he said.

Heather's funeral took place on 13 September, while Forde’s has been arranged for 20 September.

“I never, never thought in my life I would bury my daughter,” McAllister told the BBC. He said he believed his daughter had no underlying health conditions. “She’s a 32-year-old healthy girl and she took heart failure at the end because she just couldn’t cope.”

He said he did not know why his daughter and his former partner had not taken up the offer of the vaccine. “These people who are not taking the Covid-19 injection – they’re not thinking of the other people that they leave behind,” he said.

Heather had shared a number of Covid conspiracy theories before her death, as well as a post about nurses facing dismissal if they refused the jab. She also shared videos from Candace Owens, a conservative commentator and activist from the US, on how to respond if your employer forces you to be vaccinated, and another from a woman arguing against children being jabbed.

Trust the NHS, not these so-called internet experts
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Someone at work has had months off with breathing difficulties and is currently still receiving hospital treatment.

Double jabbed yet ill after contracting covid the individual didn't smoke and looked healthy, so why did the individual opt for an experimental new gene therapy mass programme when there was nothing wrong in the first place. Was it because of the then current state of fear perpetuated by a media of mass hysteria?

I feel sorry for the individual who may just have wanted to protect vulnerable family members. I do hope the concerned makes a full recovery and returns to work soon.

My question is one of what part if any did this new gene therapy jab play in this individual's health condition and when will the mass media begin to publish other unfortunate stories like the one above? I doubt they ever will.
Hey you, out there on the road
Always doing what you're told
Can you help me?
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Does it constitue gene therapy when it doesn't enter the nucleus and make changes , unlike gene therapy 🤔
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:29 am Two of 1000's of casualties recently, a Belfast mother 55yo & her 32yo daughter (both care workers) have lost their lives to Covid

Trust the NHS, not these so-called internet experts
The appeal to emotion is a logical fallacy that occurs when a misleading argument, is used with the goal of manipulating people’s emotions. No data is presented, but an emotional appeal is made that to disagree with it would then label the person disagreeing as heartless and brutal, and at best ill-informed or ignorant.

For example a person dies from covid because they refused to get vaccinated.

It seems that you are not willing to accept any other remedy that is saving peoples lives. Vaccination seems to be the only solution.

If anybody gives anecdotal evidence that they have benefited from invermectin they are labeled as crackpots, for example Joe Rogan, who the mainstream media said that he was treating himself with a horse dewormer.

I find it duplicitous anecdotal evidence can be so easily dismissed, yet a similar appeal to emotion has to be accepted with open arms.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Broad Ford wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:15 am Someone at work has had months off with breathing difficulties and is currently still receiving hospital treatment.

Double jabbed yet ill after contracting covid the individual didn't smoke and looked healthy, so why did the individual opt for an experimental new gene therapy mass programme when there was nothing wrong in the first place. Was it because of the then current state of fear perpetuated by a media of mass hysteria?

I feel sorry for the individual who may just have wanted to protect vulnerable family members. I do hope the concerned makes a full recovery and returns to work soon.

My question is one of what part if any did this new gene therapy jab play in this individual's health condition and when will the mass media begin to publish other unfortunate stories like the one above? I doubt they ever will.
Well there are 1000's of people still losing their lives who haven't been jabbed.

There is a element of danger to all vaccines/anesthetics in the medical world but it is are minimal compared to the amount of covid deaths still occurring.

You take your chances, I prefer to go for the greater odds in my favour when it comes down to life survival.

I wonder how many people the Belfast couple infected after they caught covid.

You may as well give people a loaded shotgun & allow them to start firing :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:38 am The appeal to emotion is a logical fallacy that occurs when a misleading argument, is used with the goal of manipulating people’s emotions. No data is presented, but an emotional appeal is made that to disagree with it would then label the person disagreeing as heartless and brutal, and at best ill-informed or ignorant.

For example a person dies from covid because they refused to get vaccinated.

It seems that you are not willing to accept any other remedy that is saving peoples lives. Vaccination seems to be the only solution.

If anybody gives anecdotal evidence that they have benefited from invermectin they are labeled as crackpots, for example Joe Rogan, who the mainstream media said that he was treating himself with a horse dewormer.

I find it duplicitous anecdotal evidence can be so easily dismissed, yet a similar appeal to emotion has to be accepted with open arms.
There are plenty of crackpots in America.

Just allow us UK citizens to trust our own scientists & NHS.

We don't need all this sh*t that 1000's of gullible people are reading/trusting what they read on the internet & sadly losing their lives as a consequence.
VoiceofaLurker
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by VoiceofaLurker »

Your story suggests the person caught covid, became ill went into hospital didn't die and is still suffering.
Have you not just endorsed the use of vaccines which prevented death?. Littered with a few references to gene therapy.
Chris Whitty should have held this up the other day as a prime example.

VOAL
Broad Ford wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:15 am Someone at work has had months off with breathing difficulties and is currently still receiving hospital treatment.

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I presented the guardian article on the Australia governments ban on Ivermectin. I then presented Dr John Campbell's video on why he thought the ban was wrong.

I thought I was being impartial by posting both sides of the argument. and letting people decide for themselves if invermectin was beneficial or not.

Invermectin is a generic drug since the patent on it has lapsed and it can be produced for pennies whereas the vaccine is quite expensive. You have to ask yourself if there is a vested interest in suppressing its use.
IMG_20210917_112720.jpg
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:49 am
Just allow us UK citizens to trust our own scientists
This is a global pandemic, and no one nation has the Monopoly on truth... and far from listening to our own health authorities most governments follow the recommendations of the NIH and the CDC... as well as the FDA
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I can recommend this now having watch it. Decent insight by some very experienced Dr & Professors. The first 2 professionals who talk get a little bit techy but after that its easy to follow. I will say it again.. We do not live in North Korea, so why is Open transparent scientific information being suppressed and removed? For me that is not stopping vaccine hesitancy, its creating it. Its a bit long winded but worth a watch.

https://www.ukcolumn.org/video/doctors- ... e-pandemic
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:38 am
I wonder how many people the Belfast couple infected after they caught covid.
I wonder if they might have survived if they had been given some prophylactic medicine. 🥰
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

What was the first male person in the UK called who was vaccinated? Oh yeah. To be or not to be... That is no longer a question. Bev Turner having her say.
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

2 covid cases I've known of recently: The first was a lad I knew, not too well but I'd see him walking around from time to time and we'd exchange pleasantries. I don't think he worked, just stayed home most of the time. A bit of a loner in his late 20's. I last saw him I think around Monday last week walking to the shop. He looked perfectly fine. On the Friday I hear he is dead after getting covid. He hadn't been for his jab by all accounts. Lived with his mum who is also very ill I'm told.

T'other case is a good friend of mine. Got double jabbed ages ago. Mid-50's, doesn't smoke or drink. Nothing underlying. I saw him on Monday for the first time in ages, June in fact and he said he'd been in hospital for 8 days recently with Covid on oxygen etc after feeling unwell for a week or so. He said it wasn't the most pleasant of experiences at all and was really worried for a few days at its peak in the hospital. I'm really glad he made it through.

I went for my first jab on Tuesday. Why did I leave it so late? I simply just wanted to wait until the time was right for me. I'm no anti-vaxxer or conspiracy believer at all and I was always going to get my jab but I just wanted to wait until the time was right, which it is now. Over the summer, on 2 separate occasions some months apart I started to develop a really sore throat in the evening. On the first occasion I'd managed to get off to sleep but woke in the early hours feeling hot. You panic and think the worst. I just went out for a drive, cooled down and came back home and went back to bed. Felt fine when I got up, throat had eased somewhat and by the following evening I was back to normal. Just put it down to one of those 24 hour things. I'm regular testing and was negative throughout.

The second occasion Friday the 3rd of this month. Evening, I once again started with this sore throat but it was worse than the first time and I struggled to get to sleep. I did eventually but once again woke up around 1am with the same feeling of getting hot. Panic again. It's the feeling you might have caught covid and you are going to be seriously ill with it that gets me I guess, knowing you haven't had the jab. Hadn't done a test for a few days so did one and it was negative. As the weekend progressed and early into the following week it was clear I had some sort of virus though. I wasn't getting hot anymore, otherwise went from the sore throat to the nose and down to the chest like a normal cold usually does. Never felt physically drained or anything, this just felt like the classic head & chest cold. Took until last weekend to fully get over. Testing throughout, all negative.

For me personally, having the jab is a weight of my mind somewhat. Nobody wants to die from covid. I certainly don't. I'll take my chances with the vaccine and go for my second jab in early November in the hope that if I do ever catch covid I will hopefully stand a fighting chance of being more like the second gentleman I talked about rather than the first. Perhaps I already had it or will in the future and never know about it due to the lack of symptoms. Who knows. I can say though for me personally, the mental /psychological aspect of knowing I am jabbed is much better than knowing I'm not vaccinated and bricking it as I did on my recent experiences.

Do I believe in natural immunity to covid? Perhaps. Do I think we know everything about the vaccine and it's long term potential implications? Perhaps not. Do I care? Maybe I should but right now, I don't, no. I just feel better for having the jab because I'm certain that sooner or later most people will catch it one way or another. How it impacts on you personally remains to be seen. The thought of facing up covid unvaccinated is defo not something I want to contemplate anymore though.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Conservative talk show host dies of Covid.
I'd never heard of this guy but from reading this article (from the Washington Post) it sounds like it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

For years, Bob Enyart used his conservative media platform in Denver to mock those who died of AIDS by name or call for women who receive abortions to face the death penalty. Recently, the radio talk-show host - who had successfully sued the state over mask mandates and capacity limits in Colorado churches last year - joined a chorus of conservative voices who have bashed the coronavirus vaccine and vowed to stay unvaccinated.

But weeks after he and his wife, Cheryl, tested positive for the virus after being unvaccinated, Enyart died of COVID-19, his radio co-host announced Monday. Enyart was 62.
Enyart is at least the fifth conservative radio talk-show host to have died of COVID-19 in the last six weeks after speaking out against vaccination and masking. The others are Marc Bernier, 65, a longtime host in Florida; Phil Valentine, 61, a popular host in Tennessee; Jimmy DeYoung, 81, a nationally syndicated Christian preacher also based in Tennessee; and Dick Farrel, 65, who had worked for stations in Miami and Palm Beach, Fla., as well as for the conservative Newsmax TV channel.

The Denver host’s comments are another example of talk radio being an often overlooked space for coronavirus misinformation. In the weeks and months leading up to their deaths, all five men had publicly shared their opposition to science-based health efforts when coronavirus infections were spiking.

Enyart, a self-described “right-wing religious fanatic” who began broadcasting around 1991, built up an audience on talk radio’s extremist fringe, airing more than 6,000 radio and TV shows across 80 cities, according to his website. His appeal was built, in part, through debatable, crude and sometimes hateful acts toward the LGBTQ community.

On his defunct TV show, Enyart “used to gleefully read obituaries of AIDS sufferers while cranking ‘Another One Bites the Dust’ by Queen,” Westword reported. Freddie Mercury, the band’s lead singer, died of AIDS in 1991 at the age of 45.

The longtime opponent of abortion picketed the homes of doctors who performed the treatment and repeatedly called for women who received an abortion to be sentenced to the death penalty. He was once arrested in New Zealand in 1999 for having a banner that read, “Clinton is a Rapist,” the Denver Post reported.

When it came to the coronavirus, Enyart promoted falsehoods about the virus, masking and vaccination on his show, “Real Science Radio,” website and social media pages.

In August 2020, his church in Wheat Ridge, Colo., joined Community Baptist Church in Brighton, Colo., to sue state and federal authorities over mask mandates and capacity limits in churches that Enyart considered to be unconstitutional. U.S. District Court Judge Daniel Domenico, an appointee under President Donald Trump, ruled in the churches’ favor in what was a rare legal victory against the broad public health mandates implemented during the pandemic.

About a year after the legal victory, earlier this month, Denver Bible Church announced on Facebook that the Enyarts had tested positive for the coronavirus. The church noted that while the Enyarts had received “overwhelmingly favorable” support from the community, a few people who had reached out about the unvaccinated couple were “desperately Cruel and Sad.”

“Pastor Bob and Cheryl are in the hospital in good hands and improving daily. We anticipate and pray for a Full recovery,” the church wrote on Sept. 4. “We both grieve and Rejoice together during this challenging time.”
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I find it rather contemptuous that stories like this seem to rejoice and gloat over the death of another person, and they should also be used as a justification in the defence of vaccination.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:06 pm I find it rather contemptuous that stories like this seem to rejoice and gloat over the death of another person, and they should also be used as a justification in the defence of vaccination.
This is not a "justification in the defence of vaccination" but a comment on how an obnoxious, hateful person who spewed his views daily over the air ways was SO wrong. I wonder how many other people he has influenced have suffered by listening to him?
Someone who openly took joy out of celebrating people dying of AIDs deserves no sympathy.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:29 am Does it constitue gene therapy when it doesn't enter the nucleus and make changes , unlike gene therapy 🤔
It's a new kind of vaccine going through it's first mass testing. The injected molecules cause the body to produce the bodies own protein spikes that are supposed to reduce the chances of dying from covid 19, after becoming infected with the sars 2 virus.

It is these spike proteins that the new vaccine instructs your body to produce. The injected molecules manipulate your genes into producing spike proteins that then can drift all over your body and blood clots can be a result when these spikes interfere with healthy blood vessels and the bodies ability to control the formation of blood clots.

To simplify:
The Sars 2 virus has these spike proteins that damage our cells. Symptoms are Covid 19 symptoms. Shortly after being injected with these brand new molecules our bodies then begin producing similar spike proteins that may just be causing fatal reactions like blood clotting in blood vessels.

The question still then remains. Are our bodies manufactured spike proteins causing lethal damage to body tissue wherever the spikes form and when will the media of mass disinformation begin reporting on this possibility?
Hey you, out there on the road
Always doing what you're told
Can you help me?
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Ah but it doesn't actually alter our dna does it, so is it gene therapy? The mere fact that booster are required would suggest that whatever we think it may due diminishes over time requiring a booster .
Regarding clotting how many people have been vaccinated versus unfortunate adverse reactions.

Personally I'm prepared to be vaccinated having spoke with my brother a microbiologist, who assures me I'm not going to turn in to the hulk🤣
Ymmv.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:06 pm I find it rather contemptuous that stories like this seem to rejoice and gloat over the death of another person, and they should also be used as a justification in the defence of vaccination.
The division is well and truly sawn into the covid fabric now. Vaccinated hating on Unvaccinated, Old deriding the young as selfish, people requesting no medical treatment for their fellow citizens and yes, some people not caring, gloating when people die to teach them a lesson. And still is there any substantial evidence as to whether people are dying with or because of Covid? No other deaths warrant a mention now in society, its simply covid or nothing.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Remember the media sensationalism about Long Covid. Symptoms very similar to that of a cold or a hangover or just the feeling of being worn down. Interesting article from BON from Spiked online about it.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/09/1 ... id-a-myth/

Again the media should be ashamed of the coverage imo. I don't know how many people would have been made a long covid statistic for ringing in work with a hangover. :)