Covid

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Covid passports

Yes
45%
No
48%
Don't know
7%

Total votes: 44

Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Re: Covid Wars

Post by Orange Box »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:43 pm Thanks OB

I'm sure you weren't a selfish tourist, causing damage to peoples property or National Trust woodlands. That's my issue here. We've always had many visitors where I live, and its not been a problem before, but since Covid there seems to be an element of people who don't give a dam....as 64 says, selfish folk, who don't give a monkey's or respect where folk live.

Any chance I could borrow your hammer..... :roflmao:

By the way, where we live is one of Mr Swans old stomping/sailing grounds, so I am not conflicted :)
🔨 :)
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:53 am I read that poem around about the time that my wife's mother died... her death was not related to covid just old age.

lots of people may have wanted to attend the funeral but the rule was that only a few people could attend in the chapel... covid restrictions.

death in itself is a stressful thing to handle but on top of that discussions had to be held with the authorities too allow close family members to attend, since people were not allowed to gather in groups of 15 or larger.

strange how covid rules impinge our ordinary lives. To compound matters certain masked family members wanted the reception to be held outside because of covid and others wanted it to be held inside.

that day it rained and it was held inside. the family members who wore masks did not attend... which made the funeral more sorrowful than it should have been.
It's been one of the cruelest things about the restrictions, the separation of people caring and grieving for their loved ones. People should have the right to choose how they mourn; we cannot carry on with this situation where the demands for safety from the fearful overrides all other considerations. It's inhuman, frankly.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:14 am It's been one of the cruelest things about the restrictions, the separation of people caring and grieving for their loved ones. People should have the right to choose how they mourn; we cannot carry on with this situation where the demands for safety from the fearful overrides all other considerations. It's inhuman, frankly.
Indeed it has been cruel :tup:
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:20 am Indeed it has been cruel :tup:
I agree too..... I had to watch my aunties funeral on utube ffs, and it was only in Salisbury.......

To be fair though, I just wanted to make sure the interfering old bat was actually dead......
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

SaraM wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:14 am It's been one of the cruelest things about the restrictions, the separation of people caring and grieving for their loved ones. People should have the right to choose how they mourn; we cannot carry on with this situation where the demands for safety from the fearful overrides all other considerations. It's inhuman, frankly.
Anyone see that help on Channel 4 the other night? Whilst it was dramatized it did prick your conscience as to what it must have been like working around that time, massive staff shortages due to people ringing in sick scared for their lives, shutting old venerable people behind their doors to die alone in absolute fear. It was a cruel cruel thing to do. And now a percentage of them are about to be fired for their effort.

I have said before i don't know what to believe anymore. The rumours around Dr Fauci make him look like Dr Harold Shipman on steroids. This sort of stuff wouldn't surprise me either in the states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXUtWkE4a6c&t=2s
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:11 am Or another way of looking at it is that it's selfish and unreasonable of you to expect to enjoy an area of outstanding beauty to yourself, just because you're privileged enough to be able to afford to live there. You're not local to the area, so you must've been a tourist yourself once!

:P
Like I said, Mr Swan grew up in the area so no, I was never a tourist. I've already said that we get hammered at bank holidays and it really hasn't been a problem. My issue is with people since Covid, parking across my drive blocking me in, people deliberately breaking down bollards which are there to protect our lane edgings, cones being removed (and not returned) wheely bins being removed (and not replaced), cyclists ripping down signs in a national trust area where cycling is illegal (where i might add that a dog was killed when a bike smashed into him on said National trust area ) folks cr*pping on the beach.....I could go on....but its wine time :wine: (hic :) )

There is no doubt that I find myself very lucky to live where I do, thanks to many years of hard work and not privilege I might add! I appreciate it every single day, Which is why I get annoyed and dismayed when visitors don't appreciate this beautiful little piece of England!

If people insist on coming here, please, show some respect for the surrounding area and the people who live here.
Last edited by whiteswan on Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:23 pm Like I said, Mr Swan grew up in the area so no, I was never a tourist. I've already said that we get hammered at bank holidays and it really hasn't been a problem. My issue is with people since Covid, parking across my drive blocking me in, people deliberately breaking down bollards which are there to protect our lane edgings, cones being removed (and not returned) wheely bins being removed (and not replaced), cyclists ripping down signs in a national trust area where cycling is illegal (where i might add that a dog was killed when a bike smashed into him on said National trust area ) folks cr*pping on the beach.....I could go on....but its wine time :wine: (hic :) )

There is no doubt I find myself very lucky to live where I do, thanks to years of hard work i might add and i appreciate it every single day, Which is why I get annoyed and dismayed when visitors don't appreciate this beautiful little piece of England!

People are welcome, but please, show some respect for your surrounding area and the people who live here.
I want to see your reply after you have consumed a couple of adult beverages :)
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:23 pm Like I said, Mr Swan grew up in the area so no, I was never a tourist. I've already said that we get hammered at bank holidays and it really hasn't been a problem. My issue is with people since Covid, parking across my drive blocking me in, people deliberately breaking down bollards which are there to protect our lane edgings, cones being removed (and not returned) wheely bins being removed (and not replaced), cyclists ripping down signs in a national trust area where cycling is illegal (where i might add that a dog was killed when a bike smashed into him on said National trust area ) folks cr*pping on the beach.....I could go on....but its wine time :wine: (hic :) )

There is no doubt that I find myself very lucky to live where I do, thanks to many years of hard work and not privilege I might add! I appreciate it every single day, Which is why I get annoyed and dismayed when visitors don't appreciate this beautiful little piece of England!

If people insist on coming here, please, show some respect for the surrounding area and the people who live here.
The trick is to live somewhere nice that is off the radar. The Peak District gets thousands of visitors, but they confine themselves to the A6 corridor. A few short miles away, there's glorious countryside and unspoilt villages with no bugger about. Thoughtless behaviour is distressing, but that can occur anywhere.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Worth a watch. Clears up any nagging doubts that people should have. Now we all know where to point the finger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwOZ_u0kLPw&t=5s
Dr. Anthony Fauci once argued that conducting experiments on contagious viruses to increase their potency was worth the risk, even if the work could accidentally lead to a pandemic, it was revealed Friday.
That would probably include the HIV virus aswell? I know a good idea lets create something with the potential to wipe millions of the population out and do it in the supposed most dangerous country in the world.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

It is the Covid code of silence: all bar three Premier League clubs have refused to give details about just how many of their players have been vaccinated against coronavirus.

Only Leeds United, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Brentford have been happy to go public, with vaccination rates at those clubs between 89 per cent and 100 per cent of the players in those squads to have been jabbed.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

what if football teams followed the lead of strictly come dancing and refuse to play against teams that were not vaccinated? This could be applied to all sports... a sort of sport apartheid, and with a little imagination this could be applied to many more areas in life... let's stop the unvaccinatef from shopping.
IMG_20210925_074317.jpg
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

Dancing is very tactile. I certainly wouldn't wish to be close up to someone who haven't had their jabs.

I don't even hug my close friends any more.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

In Finland the two big supermarket chains the s group and the k group are considering only letting people in who have covid passports.

Lidl have said they will not adopt this policy.

Threatening food supply is one way of coercing people to take the vaccine
hector

Post by hector »

Mrs64 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:12 am Dancing is very tactile. I certainly wouldn't wish to be close up to someone who haven't had their jabs.

I don't even hug my husband any more.
FTFY :mrgreen:
don't blame ya.... :) :) :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:47 am In Finland the two big supermarket chains the s group and the k group are considering only letting people in who have covid passports.

Lidl have said they will not adopt this policy.

Threatening food supply is one way of coercing people to take the vaccine
Why don't they just put them in prison if they don't ant the jab... .or better yet maybe a few firing squads might work ... Might seem to be a reductio ad absurdam argument but shops denying food to customers is a slippery slope. Not to mention they have zero scientific evidence to back it up ...just paranoia. Bit like the "dancing queen" mentioned above
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

What do the home kits in India contain for the treatment of covid, and what type of results are they getting?

Dr John Campbell also advocates vaccination... but he is also interested in chemo prophylactic treatments if you have caught covid
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Pfizer Inc (PFE.N) and Moderna Inc (MRNA.O) have raised the prices of their COVID-19 vaccines in their latest European Union supply contracts, the Financial Times reported on Sunday.

The new price for the Pfizer shot was 19.50 euros ($23.15)against 15.50 euros previously, the newspaper said.

nice little 20% profit there better than interest you would ever get from any bank.

the Indian home medical kit only cost under $3
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I just like it for the leader of the free making yet another corker or a comment. Putting a senile man in charge to take away people's freedoms is sadistic. In a couple more years he won't remember any of it.

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Surely having the vaccine jab is worth the risk than what Colin & Darren have gone through who are fortunate still to be alive.

1964white

Post by 1964white »

"More than 60% of them - who are in intensive care and on acute wards - haven’t been vaccinated. It’s such a large figure, it’s almost incredulous.

There are fit and healthy people in their 30s on ventilators. These are people who are eligible for the jab, decided not to have it (for whatever reason) and are now fighting for their lives.

We’ve heard the warnings from scientists and ministers for months now but seeing the impact of not getting the vaccine is no less shocking"