Covid

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Covid passports

Yes
45%
No
48%
Don't know
7%

Total votes: 44

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Covid Wars

Post by Leeds1000 »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:00 am Covid 19?...You got that one right!
Yes that's the one. Is it a bat? is it a pangolin? Better ask Dr Fauci. :)
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:11 am Yeah I've had the flu jab as well.
Look there's nothing wrong in admitting your scared of needles.

VOAL
Nar. You should see me down at the local acupuncture Centre. They nickname me Hellraiser.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

There are many statements made in this group that I disagree with and when I think about replying I find that my reply would be hurtful in some way, so I resist posting.

For example a Detroit television station wanted to contact people on Facebook to tell them their experiences of unvaccinated people who had contracted covid and then died. I suppose it was their attempt to combat vaccine hesitancy. To their surprise and dismay they got a tremendous amount of replies that focused on people who had been vaccinated and died or had terrible adverse effects... not the response they had elicited... the descriptions of the adverse effects were too graphic so I decided I would not post it because it might hurt the feelings of some people who have been vaccinated, and cause them to worry.

When I look at the poor souls in intensive care with covid I can't help but think of what the motivation is for making those videos, they neither comfort nor console me, indeed they seem to be suggesting that I should be fearful.

The problem for me is how to make a reply without hurting the feelings of the vaccinated people, since counter-arguments even though they may be valid are often also hurtful and offend their sensibilities or beliefs. I want to get away from the thought of scoring debating points.

I proposed the Queen's Bell I saw on the TV series The Crown. The queen when she wanted to end a conversation with her prime minister rang small bell on the table and that put an end to the session. When we read something that we cannot agree with we just ring Queens Bell and end the conversation denoting disapproval but not offering any condemnation.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

rab_rant wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:18 am the latest reports from Israel is that with Pfizer jab protection has dropped from 90% to 60% and they are calling for booster shots.
Its gone back up a little then. A few months ago someone said around 40%. Its starting to sound like one of them duracell batteries that has the power level on the side. :)
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:28 am Think it was survival of the fittest bud.
Old folks might be a little concerned if we returned to that me thinks.
Might be a few folks with one leg shorter than than the other as well. Think you know where I'm going with this.

Human race does make life difficult though with the state of alot of individuals. 🤣 A cull might not be a bad thing ....
Its already started on the petrol forecourts. :)
VoiceofaLurker
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by VoiceofaLurker »

Rab the problem is without the vaccines we would be in deep s**t now hospital wise I think you could acknowledge that.
So for the people who have been vaccinated to listen to maybe 5 people on here trying to mock/criticise their decision seems a little
off hand.
I would be quite happy for the thread to be deleted, the majority of people have made their decisions at this point, is their a need for
this discussion anymore?.

VOAL
rab_rant wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:14 pm There are many statements made in this group that I disagree with and when I think about replying I find that my reply would be hurtful in some way, so I resist posting.

For example a Detroit television station wanted to contact people on Facebook to tell them their experiences of unvaccinated people who had contracted covid and then died. I suppose it was their attempt to combat vaccine hesitancy. To their surprise and dismay they got a tremendous amount of replies that focused on people who had been vaccinated and died or had terrible adverse effects... not the response they had elicited... the descriptions of the adverse effects were too graphic so I decided I would not post it because it might hurt the feelings of some people who have been vaccinated, and cause them to worry.

When I look at the poor souls in intensive care with covid I can't help but think of what the motivation is for making those videos, they neither comfort nor console me, indeed they seem to be suggesting that I should be fearful.

The problem for me is how to make a reply without hurting the feelings of the vaccinated people, since counter-arguments even though they may be valid are often also hurtful and offend their sensibilities or beliefs. I want to get away from the thought of scoring debating points.

I proposed the Queen's Bell I saw on the TV series The Crown. The queen when she wanted to end a conversation with her prime minister rang small bell on the table and that put an end to the session. When we read something that we cannot agree with we just ring Queens Bell and end the conversation denoting disapproval but not offering any condemnation.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:47 pm Rab the problem is without the vaccines we would be in deep s**t now hospital wise I think you could acknowledge that.
So for the people who have been vaccinated to listen to maybe 5 people on here trying to mock/criticise their decision seems a little
off hand.
I would be quite happy for the thread to be deleted, the majority of people have made their decisions at this point, is their a need for

VOAL
Not sure why you come to that conclusion. All i have seen people talk about on here is a right to make a choice about the vaccines. That choice is being taken away for many in society. No one wants to lose their jobs over a medical procedure. People would still like to go on holiday, eat in restaurants, go nightclubbing, visit gyms and all that is being taken away because they choose not to have a vaccine. I don't think that's acceptable whether i have the vaccine or not, and judging by the growing protests around the world i am not the only one. Personally i have said countless times have the vaccine if you are in the risk zone you will supposedly be protected from serious harm....What more can people do?
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:18 pm Its already started on the petrol forecourts. :)

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
VoiceofaLurker
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by VoiceofaLurker »

10 people want to got to the pub 9 vaccinated 1 isn't

The 9 people want the experience to be as safe as possible but the 1 also wants to go. The 9 people
decide to go elsewhere with it being an open door policy that is their choice. The pub owner doesn't want to lose the custom so imposes the restriction to hopefully maintain their business.

Everybodies choice is still there, choose to/not have the vaccine. Choose to/not to be guarenteed the safest possible experience.
With choice comes consequences.

VOAL
Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:00 pm Not sure why you come to that conclusion. All i have seen people talk about on here is a right to make a choice about the vaccines. That choice is being taken away for many in society. No one wants to lose their jobs over a medical procedure. People would still like to go on holiday, eat in restaurants, go nightclubbing, visit gyms and all that is being taken away because they choose not to have a vaccine. I don't think that's acceptable whether i have the vaccine or not, and judging by the growing protests around the world i am not the only one. Personally i have said countless times have the vaccine if you are in the risk zone you will supposedly be protected from serious harm....What more can people do?
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:45 pm 10 people want to got to the pub 9 vaccinated 1 isn't

The 9 people want the experience to be as safe as possible but the 1 also wants to go. The 9 people
decide to go elsewhere with it being an open door policy that is their choice. The pub owner doesn't want to lose the custom so imposes the restriction to hopefully maintain their business.

Everybodies choice is still there, choose to/not have the vaccine. Choose to/not to be guarenteed the safest possible experience.

VOAL
Sounds like a form of medical apartheid to me. I hope and pray that one day you will have enough faith in the vaccines that one day you will once again judge another person not by their medical status, but by the content of their character. God bless the unclean.
VoiceofaLurker
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by VoiceofaLurker »

Hey the 9 have a choice too, should they not be respected?. Or should it only be the 1 who has the choice to demand the terms and conditions. Ultimately businesses will favour the thing that guarantees them a workforce or brings in the most cash.

VOAL
Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:23 pm Sounds like a form of medical apartheid to me. I hope and pray that one day you will have enough faith in the vaccines that one day you will once again judge another person not by their medical status, but by the content of their character. God bless the unclean.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:45 pm 10 people want to got to the pub 9 vaccinated 1 isn't

VOAL
The one not vaccinated then is the one in danger, he's way more likely to get covid from one of the nine than pass it on to one of the nine
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
VoiceofaLurker
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by VoiceofaLurker »

Statistically true, but the nine took the jab for their protection to minimise potential risk to themselves and families, there are no absolute guarantees and the next part of the process is to increase contact with people who are less likely to pass on the virus should they have it unknowingly.

VOAL
faaip wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:26 pm The one not vaccinated then is the one in danger, he's way more likely to get covid from one of the nine than pass it on to one of the nine
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:47 pm

VOAL
Interestingly I started this thread way back. The topic was titled 'Covid Passports' to discuss the fact that the government were thinking about introducing them. Not sure or why, the topic was changed to 'Covid WARS'.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:48 pm Statistically true, but the nine took the jab for their protection to minimise potential risk to themselves and families, there are no absolute guarantees and the next part of the process is to increase contact with people who are less likely to pass on the virus should they have it unknowingly.

VOAL
Your more likely to pass it on if your double jabbed as your less likely to show symptoms. We really shouldn't be scared of the unjabbed, it's all a little bit medieval
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:45 am Old folks are more considerate & much braver than many young people are, whom only think about themselves!

It's all me me me like, me me me like, you know what I mean like, I want this like, I don't want that like. :chair:
I find it really sad that you have this attitude. It just makes you sound hopelessly out of touch. I have great hope in the younger generation; they're far less full of the bullshit we were brought up on.
VoiceofaLurker
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by VoiceofaLurker »

It was initially thought that the viral load was lower in vaccinated v unvaccinated however results of studies
published last month in the BMJ show that the Delta variant CAN be as high but potentially for a shorter a period of time the operative
word being can. So not medieval thinking but brand spanking new, shiny out of the box thinking.

As I mentioned earlier my daughter is currently walking around the house depositing bucket loads of the virus so we will see how the vaccine does its job on a personal basis because in the end that is all that really matters not statistics, not other peoples experiences we are all different and will react differently.

From her positive PCR on Friday I'm still negative on LF as of this morning but as we saw with her the LF didn't show she was positive until after the PCR result came through on the Sunday, which while better than nothing indicates the LF tests may be giving people a false sense of security.

VOAL
faaip wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:27 pm Your more likely to pass it on if your double jabbed as your less likely to show symptoms. We really shouldn't be scared of the unjabbed, it's all a little bit medieval
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:16 pm Hey the 9 have a choice too, should they not be respected?. Or should it only be the 1 who has the choice to demand the terms and conditions. Ultimately businesses will favour the thing that guarantees them a workforce or brings in the most cash.

VOAL
I think you missed my point. You either have faith in the vaccines to protect yourself or you don't. If you do, what's the problem? If you don't, i am not sure what anyone else can do about that.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

To speak or not to speak
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

The government is here to protect you
IMG_20210929_115331.jpg