Covid

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Covid passports

Yes
45%
No
48%
Don't know
7%

Total votes: 44

BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Re: Covid Wars

Post by BobHirst »

Orange Box wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:31 am My favourite question of all time- who are “they”?
You're in trouble now! "They" don't like it when you try to delve into "their " world. :)
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

SaraM wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:39 am I don't carry my phone everywhere, I don't have location 'services' turned on, I don't use google, facebook or twitter and I live in rural isolation, but I take your point. Still doesn't make it acceptable.
I too don't use any of those mega tech services.
I do have my phone with me, probably 80% of the time when I'm out. But you know what, someone would fall asleep monitoring my movements. Visit store, go to market. Go to kids soccer games, go to store etc. The only time they might wake up is when I visit my friend, who is a former KGB Colonel, to play chess. :)
hector

Post by hector »

BobHirst wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:09 pm I too don't use any of those mega tech services.
I do have my phone with me, probably 80% of the time when I'm out. But you know what, someone would fall asleep monitoring my movements. Visit store, go to market. Go to kids soccer games, go to store etc. The only time they might wake up is when I visit my friend, who is a former KGB Colonel, to play chess. :)
I had one of those too.... he lived opposite my Uncle... trouble is some bugger poisoned him and his daughter.....

:shock:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

BobHirst wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:54 pm You're in trouble now! "They" don't like it when you try to delve into "their " world. :)
Great reply 😃😃
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

hector wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:17 pm I had one of those too.... he lived opposite my Uncle... trouble is some bugger poisoned him and his daughter.....

The sad thing is, is that yours is true.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:17 pm I had one of those too.... he lived opposite my Uncle... trouble is some bugger poisoned him and his daughter.....

I remember that well hector..... :(
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

What have I been saying since the easing of restrictions?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58976577

Some Covid restrictions must immediately be reintroduced if England is to avoid "stumbling into a winter crisis", health leaders have warned.

The NHS Confederation said ministers' "Plan B" back-up strategy, including mandatory face coverings in crowded and enclosed spaces, should be implemented.

Daily Covid cases have been above 40,000 for seven days in a row, with 43,738 new infections reported on Tuesday.

Another 223 deaths were recorded, the highest since March, although daily figures are often more on Tuesdays.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Muditā (Pāli and Sanskrit: मुदिता) means joy; especially sympathetic or vicarious joy, or the pleasure that comes from delighting in other people's well-being.

happiness is a lovely thing even when it happens to others.

1964white

Post by 1964white »

The BBC New presenter Charlie Stayt discussing the current situation with Kwasi Kwarteng

WTF does he know?

God help us with these blubbering idiots in charge.

He is so laid back, the guy is on another planet!!!!!
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

I see “THEY” are spending so much time spying at us covid vaccinated robots that “THEY” totally missed the primary protagonists for the Manchester arena bombing disappearing into the ether. :roll:
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Over 200,000 pupils off school last week due to covid & sickness infections.

And still our government are dawdling on booster jabs & maintaining restrictions are not required even though the medics/scientists are advising them otherwise.

Well done Boris you buffoon, what next from your cabinet of clowns?
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Australian police given the runaround by a telegraph troll
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Portugal & Israel leaving our belligerent UK nation behind with their vaccinations process

Unlike the UK

The majority of the Portuguese are fully vaccinated.
No one thinks covid is over.
They all wear masks in shops, pubs, restaurants & on public transport.
No one is allowed in nightclubs unless they are doubly vaccinated or tested

Now countries are implementing travel bans on the UK yet again, countries who have worked hard to get their infections down. Good for them, serves us right for being so complacent.

Much of the world looking down on us as a disgrace!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote:
Much of the world looking down on us as a disgrace!
perhaps the uk should have followed the Swedish model... oh wait a minute you are getting thereImageImageImage

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Finnish situationImage

1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:16 am perhaps the uk should have followed the Swedish model... oh wait a minute you are getting thereImageImageImage

Sweden only have a population of 10,000,000 as opposed to 70,000,000 here in the UK plus many waifs & strays who have illegally entered the UK unknown to our hopeless government.

Many Swedes live on their own or in normal households with families of four/five occupants, not 20 people living in one dwelling.

Totally different lifestyle compared to the UK.
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

1964white wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:06 am Sweden only have a population of 10,000,000 as opposed to 70,000,000 here in the UK plus many waifs & strays who have illegally entered the UK unknown to our hopeless government.

Many Swedes live on their own or in normal households with families of four/five occupants, not 20 people living in one dwelling.

Uk population density is the highest in europe of the big countries at 272 people per sq km. (Take England alone and even higher).

Hilarious that people use Sweden with one of the lowest population density levels in europe at 23 people per sq km as a comparison.

UK has had 2000 deaths per 1mill population
Sweden as had less at 1500 deaths per 1 mill population (terrible considering their population density).

However compared to other countries with similar conditions, lifestyles, health service and similar population density their no lockdown policy doesn't look great.
Norway - 163 deaths per 1mill (pop density 14 per sq km)
Finland - 204 deaths per 1 mill (pop density 16 per sq km)
Denmark - 463 deaths per 1 mill (pop density 123 per sq km)

The relevance of population density and in turn contact with others is clear in my view.

https://amp-dw-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v ... a-55664117
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote:

Talk to the Swedes about the immigrant populations in Malmö and Gothenburg.

I hope you were not inferring that immigrant populations in high density living conditions are responsible for the spread of covid?

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

why do so many still buy into the mainstream narrative

There is a theory called mass formation where you buy into a set of ideas, let's say covid is extremely dangerous and vaccination will protect you.

Believing this narrative helps to protect you from a certain degree of anxiety, and to maintain this position of safety you cannot tolerate any dissident voices because they will disrupt your equilibrium.

If you belong to a mass formation you consider it your duty to attack any dissident voices. There is no opportunity for discourse or debate.

I think I am finally beginning to understand what is going on in this forum... mass hypnosis
hector

Post by hector »

I hope you are not trying to blame a member who used to be a professional hypnotist........
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu