Covid

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Covid passports

Yes
45%
No
48%
Don't know
7%

Total votes: 44

BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Re: Covid Wars

Post by BobHirst »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:19 am why do so many still buy into the mainstream narrative
As far as I understand it, the "mainstream narrative" is that there is now compelling evidence that being vaccinated greatly reduces the chances that you will be hospitalized or will die if you get infected with Covid.

Is this information incorrect and if so what is the truth?
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

BobHirst wrote: Is this information incorrect and if so what is the truth?
what you say is true, but it is also true that there are breakthrough cases of covid amongst the vaccinated, which you yourself admit. Vaccination it would appear does not fully protect you from covid.

If this then is the case, why does a vaccination passport accord them privilages denied to the unvaxinated
when they are just as likely to spread the disease.

And if we are talking protection I have read that natural immunity offers more protection, yet the main stream narrative is reluctant to acknowledge this, insisting that vaccination is the only route.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:34 pm what you say is true, but it is also true that there are breakthrough cases of covid amongst the vaccinated, which you yourself admit. Vaccination it would appear does not fully protect you from covid.

If this then is the case, why does a vaccination passport accord them privilages denied to the unvaxinated
when they are just as likely to spread the disease.

And if we are talking protection I have read that natural immunity offers more protection, yet the main stream narrative is reluctant to acknowledge this, insisting that vaccination is the only route.

But you still seem to miss the point.
The numbers that I have seen indicate that if you are not vaccinated you are 6.1 times more likely to get infected by Covid and you are 11.3 times more likely to die compared with fully vaccinated people (from the CDC btw).
I really don't understand how anyone can dismiss the vaccine if you accept these numbers.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

BobHirst wrote: I really don't understand how anyone can dismiss the vaccine if you accept these numbers.
Sweden joins Germany, France, and 15 other countries in suspending AstraZeneca's vaccine over possible side effects

Could that be one good reason? There is a growing catalog of adverse effects, especially young men with heart problems... and then there is the increase risk of blood clots, both of which you will dismiss as a rare events but nevertheless they have been reported and exist.

You can’t sue Pfizer or Moderna if you have severe Covid vaccine side effects. The government likely won’t compensate you for damages either.

Pick your poison.

BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:50 am Sweden joins Germany, France, and 15 other countries in suspending AstraZeneca's vaccine over possible side effects

Could that be one good reason? There is a growing catalog of adverse effects, especially young men with heart problems... and then there is the increase risk of blood clots, both of which you will dismiss as a rare events but nevertheless they have been reported and exist.

You can’t sue Pfizer or Moderna if you have severe Covid vaccine side effects. The government likely won’t compensate you for damages either.

Pick your poison.
We don't hear much about AstraZeneca over here. I believe the figures I read referred to Pfizer, Moderna and J&J.
If there are possible problems with AstraZeneca then they should suspend it until they know for certain one way or the other.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

No covid passports: silent protest in Quebec Canada
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

kyle's vaccine experiance with Pfizer Vac

One man, an active cyclist relates his heart problems after 2nd doze of Pfizer jab. Will be testifying with others before a FDA committee in November
TwatsBack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @armleywhite

Post by TwatsBack »

Get the jab fi you want it. Don't get the jabs if you don't. It's as simple as that. EVERY vaccine in history has side-effects. Every vaccine in history means that you can still catch the disease being vaccinated against. Anti Malaria drugs don't stop you getting malaria. It just means your chances of dying are far lower than if not having the drugs in the first place.

Same with Covid. Get it or don't. Choice. However, as to passports, NOPE.
Yup, it's me.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Both Texas on Florida are not submitting to the federal government's mandates regarding covid passports and lockdowns. Yet it appears that thousands of people are migrating into these two states. strange that they would put themselves at risk like this... on the other hand Texas on Florida seem to be America's future.
ImageImage

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

To asperate or not to asperate

Pfizer says do CDC says don't.
Which of the scientific experts should we listen to.

Intravenous means that it is in your bloodstream and has access to all the organs in your body.

it is only localized if it's intramuscular. How did you receive your jab and does it make any difference to you?
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

To be or not to be. That is the question? Or is it? Have we created a monster in religion (heaven or hell) when technology was always the answer and will soon take over. Why not regeneration...... what about a different level? The fun we could have. :) Life doesn't need to be boring, don't listen to the masters, its merely their turn.... what do they really know? ;-) :)
Its life Jim.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

BobHirst wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:02 pm But you still seem to miss the point.
The numbers that I have seen indicate that if you are not vaccinated you are 6.1 times more likely to get infected by Covid and you are 11.3 times more likely to die compared with fully vaccinated people (from the CDC btw).
I really don't understand how anyone can dismiss the vaccine if you accept these numbers.
This is the point Bob. There are no totally safe vaccines. As an intelligent adult you actually have to make a choice. Do I go out my door today and risk something happening to me or not.

There may be individual circumstances that make it likely that not taking the vaccine is the best choice, then that’s fine. But it should be balanced against the likely damage COVID could do to you if you catch it. Hence most older people, or people overweight, and/or with an underlying health condition, would be taking a big risk not getting vaccinated as the chance of harm from a vaccine is so small relative to the likely harm COVID will inflict on you.

There are no absolutes. This is big boy stuff - make your choice on the odds that are known.

As for COVID Certificates for vaccinated people, I totally agree with them. Every choice has consequences and all states are balancing the need to save their economies with protecting their health systems. This is the means to balance these needs.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I have to question some of those figures - I'm not necessarily disagreeing with them but questioning the source.
I'm 76 and had a 1-time temperature spike a few months ago - diagnosed as Covid19 but released from hospital because my temperature sank below 99 degrees. I had no respiratory problems whatsoever.
Vaccinations have still had mixed results and I'm not sure I trust any vaccination for a respiratory problem.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Boo Radley wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:29 pm This is the point Bob. There are no totally safe vaccines. As an intelligent adult you actually have to make a choice. Do I go out my door today and risk something happening to me or not.

There may be individual circumstances that make it likely that not taking the vaccine is the best choice, then that’s fine. But it should be balanced against the likely damage COVID could do to you if you catch it. Hence most older people, or people overweight, and/or with an underlying health condition, would be taking a big risk not getting vaccinated as the chance of harm from a vaccine is so small relative to the likely harm COVID will inflict on you.

There are no absolutes. This is big boy stuff - make your choice on the odds that are known.

As for COVID Certificates for vaccinated people, I totally agree with them. Every choice has consequences and all states are balancing the need to save their economies with protecting their health systems. This is the means to balance these needs.
Can you explain how, exactly, you think covid passes for the vaccinated will achieve what you claim? Can you see no unintended consequences (from the point of view of those using this system)?
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

did not work in scotland
Attachments
IMG_20211026_133029.jpg
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

SaraM wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:46 am Can you explain how, exactly, you think covid passes for the vaccinated will achieve what you claim? Can you see no unintended consequences (from the point of view of those using this system)?
Businesses have to be open to pay their loans/ mortgages, employees need to work to do the same and the state needs tax rolling in to pay for the basic services they provide for their citizens.

Without vaccinations none of the above could happen, it would be varying degrees of ongoing lockdowns. So once you run with the idea of vaccinations then you have to have a system where gatherings of people can be allowed without them being spreader events for people who could get very sick and end up in hospital. The only way to do this is by only allowing people who can show they are vaccinated to be part of these gatherings. That is what the vaccination cert allows.

In that setting you can have groups back in pubs/cinemas/theatres and the economy gets going again without a surge in hospitalisations. This is what threatens the quality of care everyone gets in the health service.

The other way around certs/passes is that a level of vaccination of the population is hit which means that the health system could manage the number of hospitalisations that could occur amongst the unvaccinated and those that are vaccinated and still end up in hospital. I think that number would want to be north of 96% of the population - stand to be corrected on that.

There are unintended consequences in everything we do. I’m not sure which specific ones you are referring to, as by definition that could be an endless list. What has to be remembered though is that any government will be damned firstly for ignoring obvious consequences which could be fatal for their citizens or their economy by not doing something.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

rab_rant wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:33 am did not work in scotland
I saw UK News and that explained everything.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Boo Radley wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:21 pm I saw UK News and that explained everything.
would the bbc news source be more to your satisfacion?
IMG_20211026_192840.jpg
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

We had our Moderna boosters yesterday.
My arm is a little tender at the injection site and my legs were aching a bit this morning when I woke up. Seems OK now.
The worse side effect seems to be the clinking in my arm when the 3 micro-chips bang together when I walk.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Here here Nigel.
Medical apartheid is upon us and we know its the minorities and the poor who will suffer.

Good for you Bob. Freedom is within your grasp. Like a rechargeable battery you are now at 90% efficacy again.... No more fear please. It should be a good Christmas for the youngsters this year once the elderly have had their boosters. Well in England anyway.