Covid

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Covid passports

Yes
45%
No
48%
Don't know
7%

Total votes: 44

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Covid passports

Post by Smudge3920 »

Leeds1000 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:01 pm This paragraph from the top one seems to sum up the confusion. .

Face masks are among the most simple, easy-to-use, and effective measures against the airborne transmission of infectious respiratory diseases, but their usefulness against COVID-19 is still under debate. Some earlier investigations found that masks were apparently not effective under certain conditions. Others found high efficacies, but a conclusive explanation for the apparent contradictions and inconsistencies had not been given.
And I can see that... I live in a rural area... crowd contact is very much to a minimum, so save for supermarkets or any indoor locations that promote close contact mask wearing can be used in a more reasonable and discriminatory way. As opposed to crowded urban areas where you are continually in close contact both indoors and out. And should be mandatory IMO....
Last edited by Smudge3920 on Mon May 24, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:08 pm And I can see that... I live in a rural area... crowd contact is very much to a minimum, so save for supermarkets or any indoor locations that promote close contact mask wearing can be used in a more resonable and discriminatory way. As opposed to crowded urban areas where you are continually in close contact both indoors and out. And should be mandatory IMO....
Even when fully vaccinated?
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Leeds1000 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:11 pm Even when fully vaccinated?
Well given that even fully vaccinated you can still pass the virus on (or so I am informed) then yes...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:36 pm Interesting reading... I personally found the "F*ck Covid" comment equally as annoying as some seem to find the "clickbait" one... Some of us, who accept we do not have the answer's or knowledge to compete with those charged with dealing with this pandemic and choose to follow the rules laid down, even if it is absolutely inconvenient and confusing.
Just because I may disagree with something does not mean I have the answer's, and to flagrantly disregard the rules that are laid down for the common good, as a whole is nothing short of arrogant and selfish.
We can post all the differing arguments for and against to suit our own personal opinions, all that does is create a mass of confusion, posting someone elses opinion without fully understanding the ramifications, cost (to life) etc is creating nothing but clickbait.
Whichever side of the fence you sit in this tragedy, one common factor should be uniting all..people are dieing, and will continue to die due to variants and mutations, continually fighting the rules, sitting on the moral high ground because "I know best" does nothing but perpetuate what we are going through.
Only because you didn't get the meaning. f**k covid as in fight covid but there are more important things than covid out there, My post was strictly personal, attacked no one while stating my own personal issues. Then I get someone completely missing the point calling me scum who you backed calling it click bait which it absolutely wasn't... .. I was responding to Sara's post really. Then it get's locked and I'm left without right of reply...
Last edited by The Subhuman on Mon May 24, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
hector

Post by hector »

I have to say Faaip, I got what you meant, and was very surprised that it was taken the other way, however having looked at it again, I can see how it could have been taken the other way,

however that was yesterday.......
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:22 pm I have to say Faaip, I got what you meant, and was very surprised that it was taken the other way, however having looked at it again, I can see how it could have been taken the other way,

Thank you Hector but then you tend to be one of the rational intelligent ones, but if you're unsure of context tehn surely you don't call someone, what was it? Absolute scum, not just scum but the absolute version. Not sure there much disputing the context there.
Last edited by The Subhuman on Mon May 24, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

faaip wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:19 pm Only because you didn't get the meaning. f**k covid as in fight covid but there are more important things than covid out there, My post was strictly personal, attacked no one while stating my own personal issues. Then I get someone completely missing the point calling me scum... I was responding to Sara really
Simple solution then Faaip...make yourself clear ... let's say your post was ambiquious at best.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

faaip wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:24 pm Thank you Hector but then you tend to be one of the rational intelligent ones
:rol:
hector

Post by hector »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:25 pm:rol:
Oy cheeky sod!!!

:hamr: :hamr: :hamr:
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

hector wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:22 pm I have to say Faaip, I got what you meant, and was very surprised that it was taken the other way, however having looked at it again, I can see how it could have been taken the other way,

Yes Hector I apparently took the "fk covid there are more important things" the wrong way.
I did apologise to Mods in a earlier post as shouldn't have said it on the forum (anger isn't great whatever the circumstance) , appreciate the work you guys do.

As you say it was yesterday but clearly Faaip can't or won't let it go as he's mentioned it more than once already so think the best that I leave the forum.

I didn't come here to cause trouble hope you can see that in all my posts in various threads but will always speak my mind.

No ill feelings but it may be in the best interests of the forum to delete my account.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

whiteroseboy wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:01 pm Yes Hector I apparently took the "fk covid there are more important things" the wrong way.
I did apologise to Mods in a earlier post as shouldn't have said it on the forum (anger isn't great whatever the circumstance) , appreciate the work you guys do.

As you say it was yesterday but clearly Faaip can't or won't let it go as he's mentioned it more than once already so think the best that I leave the forum.

I didn't come here to cause trouble hope you can see that in all my posts in various threads but will always speak my mind.

No ill feelings but it may be in the best interests of the forum to delete my account.
Don't be doing that WRB... you owned it have apologised we move on ...
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:05 pm Don't be doing that WRB... you owned it have apologised we move on ...
The MOD's cannot say that to you WRB, they have to maintain an aura of impartiality... now if apologies were accepted when given it would go a long way to helping tense situations
hector

Post by hector »

whiteroseboy wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:01 pm Yes Hector I apparently took the "fk covid there are more important things" the wrong way.

Thanks for being open mate... I am sure that Faaip has mentioned it as much as he is going to, and as his point has now been made and acknowledged, that will be the end of it.

No need to leave, we have not got you marked as a troublemaker, and yesterday came totally out of the blue. Adam advised you, and you apologised... As far as we are concerned we can carry on as normal.

Take a day, think about it, this is one of the friendliest forums about, and apart from a few blow ups, we mostly get along with each other. If you still wish to leave, PM yorkshire shields and let him know, as he is the only one who can remove accounts.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I echo Hector's thoughts Whiterose :tup:
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

1964white wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:28 pm I echo Hector's thoughts Whiterose :tup:
And likewise WRB...........and you’re good at getting those Stadiums ! :)
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

Thanks Folks, Your comments are much appreciated I'll just leave it there and have a short break.
Accept my error was not asking what Faaip meant rather than jumping to conclusions. Won't happen again.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

I concur with the above :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

See what you did WRB ...now you got 4 bloody MOD's in the thread ...jeez... :P :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteroseboy wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:40 pm Thanks Folks, Your comments are much appreciated I'll just leave it there and have a short break.
Accept my error was not asking what Faaip meant rather than jumping to conclusions. Won't happen again.
Good man :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:23 pm Thanks for being open mate... I am sure that Faaip has mentioned it as much as he is going to, and as his point has now been made and acknowledged, that will be the end of it.

No need to leave, we have not got you marked as a troublemaker, and yesterday came totally out of the blue. Adam advised you, and you apologised... As far as we are concerned we can carry on as normal.

Take a day, think about it, this is one of the friendliest forums about, and apart from a few blow ups, we mostly get along with each other. If you still wish to leave, PM yorkshire shields and let him know, as he is the only one who can remove accounts.
I feel I'm being railroaded here, an apology to the mods is not an apology to me and I did nothing to to deserve the nasty insult...and now I'm "not letting it go? " .. Do I not get a right of reply?