Covid

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Covid passports

Yes
45%
No
48%
Don't know
7%

Total votes: 44

rab_rant

Re: Covid passports

Post by rab_rant »

Reading though emails and wondering if is all a conspiricy theory is such hard work. You have to wonder the length people will go to to construct a believable theory.

Videos are quicker and easier to assimilate especially if they have some comedy in them.

the product placement at the end of the video detracts from the message in my opinion but some valid points are made that could be cause for concern.

https://youtu.be/QH6-seSJMBo

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I mean people will go to massive lengths for their particular conspiracy theory and I ignore most. This just seems to be a man made virus, with a built in ability to mutate really fast and gene targeting of certain groups leaving large numbers untouchable

A conspiracy theorist may also point to the rapidity of the vaccine as it was developed before Covid was released .. But I'm not that person
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Conspiracy theories get the most traction from the internet, to be more specific, users of the internet...IMO it is clear that this is a natural virus, now it is very likely that the chinese were working on it as a potential biological weapon but to support it was a deliberate act by releasing it, shows little forethought as to what the consequences could be. Unlike the Salisbury attacks, which (again IMO)were proven beyond a doubt to be a deliberate attack on foreign soil by the Russians.
Governments such as the USA and the UK, which have massive biological research set ups, (the UK was the world leader in BIological weapons deveolpment) Have to be careful about taking the moral high ground. This IMO was an extreme case of neglect on the part of the Chinese government and the resulting leak has caused choas, an admission by the government (Chinese) would also be an admission in devlopment of biological weapons...
The Biological Weapons Convention (BWC), or Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention (BTWC), is a disarmament treaty that effectively bans biological and toxin weapons by prohibiting their development, production, acquisition, transfer, stockpiling and use. The treaty's full name is the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production and Stockpiling of Bacteriological (Biological) and Toxin Weapons and on their Destruction. Having entered into force on 26 March 1975, the BWC was the first multilateral disarmament treaty to ban the production of an entire category of weapons of mass destruction. The Convention is of unlimited duration. As of May 2021, 183 states have become party to the treaty. Four additional states have signed but not ratified the treaty, and another ten states have neither signed nor acceded to the treaty. The BWC is considered to have established a strong global norm against biological weapons. This norm is reflected in the treaty’s preamble, which states that the use of biological weapons would be "repugnant to the conscience of mankind". This norm is demonstrated by the fact that not a single state today declares to possess or seek biological weapons, or asserts that their use in war is legitimate. In light of the rapid advances in biotechnology, biodefense expert Daniel Gerstein has described the BWC as "the most important arms control treaty of the twenty-first century". However, the Convention’s effectiveness has been limited due to insufficient institutional support and the absence of any formal verification regime to monitor compliance.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Anti vaxxer program on 4 last night was interesting and how covid had become its new vehicle for generating cash . Dr Wakefield was on ,remember him and his mmr fake research.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

SAS soldiers point of view Image

https://youtu.be/DTJGp3VDPOg

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:28 am SAS soldiers point of view Image

https://youtu.be/DTJGp3VDPOg

:-D
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Happy Covid anniversary from Keef!?

https://youtu.be/P62bwq1wAs4

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Its a little slow in parts and i can't claim to understand everything the Dr talks about but it did leave me with a feeling at the end of......Who's protecting who?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGBDETOPAJA
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Crowds, masks, social distancing, at the Euros.ImageImage

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

one rule for the common man another rule for the VIPs

perhaps covid restrictions only apply to you and me but not for the people in power.

hypocritical government wanting to have the Euro final at Wembley and not Bucharest.

https://youtu.be/smd9lPOf0Hw

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Tis true... the VIP's should be following the rules like everyone, if they want to attend or watch it on tv like most of us will have to do...if not let them change venues... (and here I will throw the cat right amongst the pigeons)...if they do take the championship game away from Wembley, if England somehow make the final... then England should refuse to attend ! :angel: :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

faaip wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:05 pm Image
Covid has a very low kill rate versus most diseases. While all deaths are regrettable, the main concern with Covid was the numbers that would get sick and need hospitalisation at the same time. This would cause the health system to crash and everyone that suffered from anything serious in a given country could die of their own condition due to lack of access to a hospital.

Case numbers are irrelevant in tracking Covid, it’s the hospital numbers of Covid patients is all that matters.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

And I got it from the Telegraph too so assumed it would be relevant ...Apologies for posting
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

For posting anything from the Telegraph you should apologise.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I love the crossword so it can't be all bad..
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

I think stats as shown here by Faaip from the media, are part of the major porblem... the "anti-masker's' and those in general against any form of restrictions are missing the main point... the number of deaths from COVID, is somewhat irrelivant, what is relevant is that it is a highly infectious and communicative disease, the real issue is the amount of beds taken up in hospitals due to COVID infection. The strain on the health services is unimaginable and the knock on effect of other surgeries to be performed being cancelled due to lack of hospitable space and staff is alarming, as many of these cancelled surgeries would be increasing a persons life span.
Sometimes sacrifices have to be made.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I don't know the context of this graph but it could be interpreted that after vaccination the covid deaths decreased dramatically.

more points on the scoreboard for the vaxers... the vaccine is working.

I found this graph from the CDC site
How have people in this forum responded to the second jab?Image

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

I have had both jabs and other than the nurse practicing darts in my arm when injecting, I had zero side effects from either...
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

I also had zero side effects from either but the wife got a headache after the 1st one.
Both had the AZ one.