Covid

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Covid passports

Yes
45%
No
48%
Don't know
7%

Total votes: 44

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Victim loses his life after refusing the vaccine jab.

Post by Norm »

Peter in Blackpool wrote:

Eh? Have i read this right.....you had a temperature of 105.6 which risks death
You were admitted to hospital....but yet you claim to be asymptomatic
I apologise, my post was really somewhat incomplete Peter. The temperature spike was unexpected and I didn't even feel ill, just a little warmer than normal.

My wife took me to the ER and, by the time I got into hospital gear, my temperature had gone down to 98.8 and they confirmed that I had covid-19, but I was released and went home. You could question the reading from the testing thermometer, but it's never been wrong before so we just took the necessary precautions.

So, maybe not asymptomatic but almost. I had a brief spike and then my immune system somehow got hold of it and cured the problem.

Fair point though.
rab_rant

Re: Sajid (Complacency) Javid tested positive for Covid/ Now Boris making his own rules up!!!

Post by rab_rant »

whiteroseboy wrote: Agree dropping masks is a issue like any litter problem but nothing compared to takeaway packaging.
Health Canada is advising Canadians not to use face masks that contain graphene because there is a potential that they could inhale graphene particles, which may pose health risks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Sajid (Complacency) Javid tested positive for Covid/ Now Boris making his own rules up!!!

Post by whiteroseboy »

rab_rant wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:43 am Health Canada is advising Canadians not to use face masks that contain graphene because there is a potential that they could inhale graphene particles, which may pose health risks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
And rightly so if there is a proven health risk, one of the issues with masks is there isn't a standard in quality.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2021-07-21 18.06.53.png

A 'gentle giant' who died in hospital after a three-week battle with coronavirus told a nurse he wished he'd been vaccinated before passing away.

Glen Barrett's family believe he may have contracted it while watching an England game during Euro 2020.

Relatives said the 51-year-old "had his worries and reasons" for not getting the Covid-19 vaccine.

But they said that, before he was put into an induced coma, he told a nurse 'he wished he had' been inoculated.

Cousin Ken Meech - who regarded 6ft 3ins Glenn as a 'big brother' - is now urging everyone to get vaccinated when they can.

"If he had, he would still be with us today,"

"I'm not a doom monger or someone who's telling you what you should do or not do. After all we are suppose to live in a free world.

"But this is one of the saddest times of my life, losing my cousin, Big Glenn Barrett to Covid."

Glenn 'had his worries and reasons' for not getting the jab, relatives said
1964white

Post by 1964white »

All very sad but I have no sympathy for anyone who refuses the vaccine

Looking at the chap whom lost his life he'd appear to be a vulnerable case if he contracted coronavirus
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:12 pm All very sad but I have no sympathy for anyone who refuses the vaccine

Looking at the chap whom lost his life he'd appear to be a vulnerable case if he contracted coronavirus
It is very sad Leon, also it is very sad when a grave situation such as this makes us so devisive. I too believe in the vaccines,having put my trust in the experts. However I am tolerant of those with genuine beliefs and reasons for not being vaccinated. In a world where we demand freedom of speech and choice it begs for tolerance, and who knows in 10, 20 years maybe those who chose not to be vaccinated might be proved right. we just don't know. I know I won't be around to see the outcome, but many will.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Man loses his life after refusing the vaccine jabs.

Post by Norm »

Smudge3920 wrote:

It is very sad Leon, also it is very sad when a grave situation such as this makes us so devisive. I too believe in the vaccines,having put my trust in the experts. However I am tolerant of those with genuine beliefs and reasons for not being vaccinated. In a world where we demand freedom of speech and choice it begs for tolerance, and who knows in 10, 20 years maybe those who chose not to be vaccinated might be proved right. we just don't know. I know I won't be around to see the outcome, but many will.
Good post Smudge. I have had covid-19 and don't see the point of being vaccinated, unless it's for a specific new strain, but aside from that, I've never had a 'flu jab and never will - my choice.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:12 pm All very sad but I have no sympathy for anyone who refuses the vaccine

What a horrible attitude. Do you have any sympathy for those who have died, like this healthy 13 year old boy, after receiving the vaccine?

https://www.westernjournal.com/healthy- ... cine-dose/
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

SaraM wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:36 am What a horrible attitude. Do you have any sympathy for those who have died, like this healthy 13 year old boy, after receiving the vaccine?

https://www.westernjournal.com/healthy- ... cine-dose/
Indeed Sara, a disgusting thing to say Leon. I thought you was better than that, but clearly not.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Apologies for my comment.

I just despair & become so cross with folk who are refusing to have the vaccine which is obviously curving the death rate, it no use 70% of the UK vaccinated & 30% wandering around like ticking time-bombs. Covid will never go away whilst we have people who are prepared to take the risk of contracting this horrible disease & passing it onto others.

Even the poor victim Glen confessed from his hospital bed wish he'd had his jabs. Maybe if the the vaccine was mandatory this fella & many others would be still alive OR not suffering horrible illnesses right now!

Already 1000's of casualties are emerging from the Wembley games during Euro 2020. It's because of the unvaccinated I have serious concerns about watching Leeds in the upcoming season, my health & feeling safe is paramount for me, sod the money I've paid for my season-ticket.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Overman wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:49 am Indeed Sara, a disgusting thing to say Leon. I thought you was better than that, but clearly not.
Sorry Sara your decision not have your jabs is irresponsible imo!

Nearly 130,000 people have lost their lives with hundreds of 1000's seriously left poorly from lasting covid in the UK.

We have to eradicate this horrible disease so we can return to life as we know it.
VoiceofaLurker
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by VoiceofaLurker »

No need to apologise 64 it's how the majority feel.

You don't beat pandemics with an individualistic approach it has to be a collective. We've picked our sides and have now been told to go out and play together which will be the true test of the "I know better" approach.

The missus' work colleagues went to the semi final at Wembley and are now all laid up with covid passing it onto their partners, in one case a pregnant one.

Regarding your predicament it would probably be advisable to let the ensuing wave pass imho.

VOAL
1964white wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:25 am Apologies for my comment.

I just despair & become so cross with folk who are refusing to have the vaccine which is obviously curving the death rate, it no use 70% of the UK vaccinated & 30% wandering around like ticking time-bombs. Covid will never go away whilst we have people who are prepared to take the risk of contracting this horrible disease & passing it onto others.

Even the poor victim Glen confessed from his hospital bed wish he'd had his jabs. Maybe if the the vaccine was mandatory this fella & many others would be still alive OR not suffering horrible illnesses right now!

Already 1000's of casualties are emerging from the Wembley games during Euro 2020. It's because of the unvaccinated I have serious concerns about watching Leeds in the upcoming season, my health & feeling safe is paramount for me, sod the money I've paid for my season-ticket.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Everyone entitled to an opinion, just make sure it pleases everybody 64😉. I think the biggest problem is people allow themselves to become vulnerable by being fat fu.ks and until the individual addresses that ,health problems will only escalate imo.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

He didn't simply refuse the vaccine. He refused the vaccine and went into a pub.

I have some sympathy, maybe he had his own reasons for not taking the vaccine, but he compounded the risks caused by that decision by going into a public area.

I'd definitely have more sympathy for someone who contracted the virus despite taking every precaution over someone who, through negligence or recklessness, contributed to their own demise.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Mountain wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:00 am
I'd definitely have more sympathy for someone who contracted the virus despite taking every precaution over someone who, through negligence or recklessness, contributed to their own demise.

This
1964white

Post by 1964white »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:17 am No need to apologise 64 it's how the majority feel.

You don't beat pandemics with an individualistic approach it has to be a collective. We've picked our sides and have now been told to go out and play together which will be the true test of the "I know better" approach.

The missus' work colleagues went to the semi final at Wembley and are now all laid up with covid passing it onto their partners, in one case a pregnant one.

Regarding your predicament it would probably be advisable to let the ensuing wave pass imho

VOAL
Thank you Lurker

We don't do collective in the UK, prior to the arrival of Covid I knew we'd have a serious problem here once it hit our shores as sadly we live in a impatient rebellious society.

As for my beloved Leeds it saddens me I'll miss the first two home games (maybe more) in decades, I was hoping to acquire a ticket for Old Trafford, not bothered now.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:38 am Everyone entitled to an opinion, just make sure it pleases everybody 64😉. I think the biggest problem is people allow themselves to become vulnerable by being fat fu.ks and until the individual addresses that ,health problems will only escalate imo.
Agree MJ

I'm flabbergasted by the amount of obesity I witness everyday, sadly it seems to be the norm now :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mountain wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:00 am He didn't simply refuse the vaccine. He refused the vaccine and went into a pub.

I have some sympathy, maybe he had his own reasons for not taking the vaccine, but he compounded the risks caused by that decision by going into a public area
Didn't he go to a England game as well?
Mountain wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:00 amI'd definitely have more sympathy for someone who contracted the virus despite taking every precaution over someone who, through negligence or recklessness, contributed to their own demise.
As I do :tup:
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Large leggings should be banned as it makes my eyes bad🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Lets be honest there's so much conflicting information out in the wilderness its becoming a real mess and we haven't even hit flu-season yet and some people are predicting that it will be a bad one .

Different country but a cause for concern all the same.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... seychelles

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... a-20812363

Is the vaccine really going to stop transmission?

Its already becoming divisive but blaming each other for killing people will lead to civil unrest if we are not careful. And we don't want to play old against young politics. As far as i am aware natural immunity is the best way to get protected from Covid.

People under 50 are at very little risk and they are the ones who are going to have restrictions placed on their freedoms for the foreseeable future...No holidays, no concerts, no bars, no football, no dentist, no doctor, no jobs. We know going forward its going to ruin many sporting events that athletes have trained hard for and will never get that time back. Unless footballers are going to live like Monks the potential of covid ripping thru squads is huge.

I am no financial guru but if we ever see the light of day again the financial burden faced by the future generations will be very painful if 2010 was anything to go by. That will place even more power in the hands of State & Corporations.

Am i right in saying if you get the virus and you build immunity then a person will be protected for upto 2 years? Does the virus still incubate in a immune person? And if it does will it be a weaker variant?

How long do the vaccines protect a elderly person for? and how many boosters do we estimate are going to be required to keep them safe?

Knowing the death rate is very low for people under 50 i wonder if the initial idea of protecting the elderly and vulnerable, concentrating the vaccines on that cohort and then letting herd immunity build in the rest of the population would have had better idea? There is some studies saying the vaccines are potentially creating more variants through suppression. I am no doctor but would natural immunity remove this problem?

Most of the young people at work can't wait to have the vaccines because they want to go on holiday. We know most of the resistance is from the ethic communities so anyone who wants the jabs to become mandated will need to reassure that cohort somehow.
Last edited by Leeds1000 on Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.