Covid

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Covid passports

Yes
45%
No
48%
Don't know
7%

Total votes: 44

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Covid Wars - In a Lockdown Far, Far Away...

Post by Chilli D »

The bottom line is that everyone including the scientists are still learning about COVID-19 on an almost daily basis so misinformation was always going to happen because we just didn't know what was going to happen. I still find it bizarre that a virus can make some people seriously ill or kill them and that others have no symptoms whatsoever. This I believe was the hardest thing that scientists had to deal with.
With flu, if you get it you are as rough as f**k minimum and that's the same for everyone.
From a scientific point of view I find Dr Chris Smith -The Naked Scientist, the best person to listen to. He's on TV down here in East Anglia on a regular basis.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Covid Wars - In a Lockdown Far, Far Away...

Post by Norm »

I don't really care to have a jab. As stated previously I've had C19 with only a 1-time spike in temperature which went down rapidly with tylenol. I've never had a 'flu jab and never will, unless it's my passport back to England.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Covid Wars - A pal of mine.....

Post by 1964white »

A good pal of mine a GP just texted me he has contracted Covid

He reckons he caught it at the Everton game, stands near me in the kop :(
1964white

Re: Covid Wars - A pal of mine.....

Post by 1964white »

Vaccine passports are to be required for entry to nightclubs and many large events in Scotland from later this month, Nicola Sturgeon has said.

The new vaccine certification rules mean people over the age of 18 will need to show they have had both doses of the vaccine before they are allowed entry to:

Nightclubs and adult entertainment venues.
Unseated indoor live events, with more than 500 people in the audience.
Unseated outdoor live events, with more than 4,000 people in the audience.
Any event, of any nature, which has more than 10,000 people in attendance.
The new rules will impact on many sporting events in Scotland - particularly football matches - as well as concerts and music festivals.

Never thought I say this but credit to Nicola Sturgeon, a actual politician implementing measures with some common-sense.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Covid Wars

Post by Sara »

Be careful what you wish for:

People in South Australia will be forced to download an app that combines facial recognition and geolocation. The state will text them at random times, and thereafter they will have 15 minutes to take a picture of their face in the location where they are supposed to be. Should they fail, the local police department will be sent to follow up in person. “We don’t tell them how often or when, on a random basis they have to reply within 15 minutes,” Premier Steven Marshall explained. “I think every South Australian should feel pretty proud that we are the national pilot for the home-based quarantine app.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... cy/619940/
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

SaraM wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:03 pm Be careful what you wish for:

People in South Australia will be forced to download an app that combines facial recognition and geolocation. The state will text them at random times, and thereafter they will have 15 minutes to take a picture of their face in the location where they are supposed to be. Should they fail, the local police department will be sent to follow up in person. “We don’t tell them how often or when, on a random basis they have to reply within 15 minutes,” Premier Steven Marshall explained. “I think every South Australian should feel pretty proud that we are the national pilot for the home-based quarantine app.”

Its so bizarre its laughable. They have lost it big time over in Australia. Even reports of the Police shooting dogs at kennels to stop people visiting.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Covid Wars - A pal of mine.....

Post by Leeds1000 »

1964white wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:56 am Vaccine passports are to be required for entry to nightclubs and many large events in Scotland from later this month, Nicola Sturgeon has said.

The new vaccine certification rules mean people over the age of 18 will need to show they have had both doses of the vaccine before they are allowed entry to:

Nightclubs and adult entertainment venues.
Unseated indoor live events, with more than 500 people in the audience.
Unseated outdoor live events, with more than 4,000 people in the audience.
Any event, of any nature, which has more than 10,000 people in attendance.
The new rules will impact on many sporting events in Scotland - particularly football matches - as well as concerts and music festivals.

Never thought I say this but credit to Nicola Sturgeon, a actual politician implementing measures with some common-sense.
The million dollar question... Will you be going back to Elland Rd if a CP is required 64?

I have given up trying to understand what's going on.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/09/0 ... passports/
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

What if you are in a meeting or at the gym or swimming in the sea, whose going to be looking at their phone ?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Nice of South Australian authorities to offer to buy a smart phone for everyone to do this ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:46 pm What if you are in a meeting or at the gym or swimming in the sea, whose going to be looking at their phone ?
I think the point is you're supposed to be isolating at home.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Leeds1000 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:30 pm Its so bizarre its laughable. They have lost it big time over in Australia. Even reports of the Police shooting dogs at kennels to stop people visiting.
It's the mission creep I was worried about since the start of covid. People are so frightened into having their liberty curtailed that they will accept a level of state surveillance and control that was unthinkable a couple of years ago. Once these systems are out there, we won't get back to how things were before. The 'war on terror' has shown us that.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

SaraM wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:02 pm It's the mission creep I was worried about since the start of covid. People are so frightened into having their liberty curtailed that they will accept a level of state surveillance and control that was unthinkable a couple of years ago. Once these systems are out there, we won't get back to how things were before. The 'war on terror' has shown us that.

I see a lot of people mention the surveillance aspect of things but most of these people are quite happy to carry about a smartphone and give all their location data, banking details, browsing and shopping history to Google or Apple. It's scary the data people give away, do they just not realise?
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Player Ratings Re: Covid Wars

Post by Broad Ford »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:16 pm It's scary the data people give away, do they just not realise?
I've considered this and can only conclude that we choose to give our data away under normal every day conditions, but the covid fear conditions are not anywhere near normal. People have almost been threatened with having this novel new gene therapy injection or else.
Hey you, out there on the road
Always doing what you're told
Can you help me?
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

SaraM wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:02 pm It's the mission creep I was worried about since the start of covid. People are so frightened into having their liberty curtailed that they will accept a level of state surveillance and control that was unthinkable a couple of years ago. Once these systems are out there, we won't get back to how things were before. The 'war on terror' has shown us that.
No i agree Sara but i would describe it as balls out on the table, not mission creep. Its clear with the millions of people protesting around the world that this is going to be the "new normal" and the first step on some sort of future social credit system. This hysteria as made me look at everything with a critical eye and all the dots start to join. Whether it be the constant wars, poverty, slavery, genocide, unhealthy products made addictive, big pharma, the drama of politics as a distraction, television and the propaganda. Jesus i am starting to sound like David Icke the lizards will be coming for me next. :)

If there is some sort of conscious continuation then i rest a little easier knowing its all documented in history. The Trust is dead, long live the Truth!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

So I ask these questions :

Why has the covid infection rate risen dramatically over the last few months?

Why are many hospital wards still full with covid patients, (mainly those who haven't had their jabs)?

Why prolong this horrible virus?

Is it fair on those who have tried to safeguard themselves & others?
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

1964white wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:59 am So I ask these questions :

Why has the covid infection rate risen dramatically over the last few months?

Because life as gone back to a kind of normal? I don't know the percentage stats between positive tests and hospitalisations.

Why are many hospital wards still full with covid patients, (mainly those who haven't had their jabs)?

Anybody with any comorbidities and aged over 60yrs should have had the jab.

Why prolong this horrible virus?

Give me a clue how you think we stop it. Zero Covid?

Is it fair on those who have tried to safeguard themselves & others?

I admire you wanting to protect yourself being in the risk zone but is it also fair to kids and anyone below the age of 55/50 that life will never be the same again despite very little risk. They are effectively becoming second class citizens and as i have mentioned before this will include mostly minorities.
Few from me.

How many jabs will it take for people above 65 to feel safe and live a normal life again.

How do you feel about Fear & Anxiety disorders being the second biggest Covid comorbidity risk to dying after Obesity in the states.

How do will feel about mandating vaccination for 12-15yr olds despite current evidence on Transmission, viral load and efficacy of the vaccine.

Josh Rogan podcaster in the USA as just recovered from Covid in 3 days by using Ivermectin. We you consider the use of that drug.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:16 pm I see a lot of people mention the surveillance aspect of things but most of these people are quite happy to carry about a smartphone and give all their location data, banking details, browsing and shopping history to Google or Apple. It's scary the data people give away, do they just not realise?
People shouldn't be happy doing those things. I do my best to avoid or circumvent them.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:11 am No i agree Sara but i would describe it as balls out on the table, not mission creep. Its clear with the millions of people protesting around the world that this is going to be the "new normal" and the first step on some sort of future social credit system. This hysteria as made me look at everything with a critical eye and all the dots start to join. Whether it be the constant wars, poverty, slavery, genocide, unhealthy products made addictive, big pharma, the drama of politics as a distraction, television and the propaganda. Jesus i am starting to sound like David Icke the lizards will be coming for me next. :)

If there is some sort of conscious continuation then i rest a little easier knowing its all documented in history. The Trust is dead, long live the Truth!
Yes, I think you're right. I'd rather die of covid than live in a digital police state, if that's the choice. Interesting times.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:41 am Few from me.
How many jabs will it take for people above 65 to feel safe and live a normal life again
`
Had my first flu jab three years ago. Annual Covid booster jab enough for me.

I'm not generally a pill-popper or the use of drugs unless I feel it is necessary. As a 67yo I only have hay-fever tablets on prescription & take medication when I occasionally suffer with a migraine. I consider myself relatively health & fit.
Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:41 am
How do you feel about Fear & Anxiety disorders being the second biggest Covid comorbidity risk to dying after Obesity in the states
Obesity is generally self-inflicted.
Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:41 amHow do will feel about mandating vaccination for 12-15yr olds despite current evidence on Transmission, viral load and efficacy of the vaccine
Children & teenagers are the biggest spreaders of colds, flu & now covid mainly down to poor parenting not teaching them good hygiene. Just wait & see when the kids return to school this week.
Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:41 amJosh Rogan podcaster in the USA as just recovered from Covid in 3 days by using Ivermectin. We you consider the use of that drug.
Very happy with the Pfizer vaccine thank you.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:25 pm Yes, I think you're right. I'd rather die of covid than live in a digital police state, if that's the choice. Interesting times.
Well we all have to die of some condition Sara, none of us are immortal

Because of breathing difficulties sadly Covid is a horrible way to go as seriously ill sufferers choke to death.