Super League 2021

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Re: Super League 2021

Post by Orange Box »

Wemberlee... Wemberlee... we’re the famous CASTLEFORD Tigers and we’re going to lose at Wemberlee 🐯
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:03 pm Wemberlee... Wemberlee... we’re the famous CASTLEFORD Tigers and we’re going to lose at Wemberlee 🐯
Oh yee of little faith
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Did anyone see the Hull player Griffin go down after tearing his Achilles. He was in so much pain that he just threw the ball down. Some of the St Helen's players went to his rescue but Fages of St Helens picked up the ball and ran and scored a try. Should he have done that or should he have shown sports man like behaviour and ignored the ball
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:37 pm Did anyone see the Hull player Griffin go down after tearing his Achilles. He was in so much pain that he just threw the ball down. Some of the St Helen's players went to his rescue but Fages of St Helens picked up the ball and ran and scored a try. Should he have done that or should he have shown sports man like behaviour and ignored the ball
What would Marcelo have done? There’s your answer for me.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:40 am What would Marcelo have done? There’s your answer for me.
Yep!
I thought it was the wrong thing to do....

But St Helen's will get thrashed at Wembley.... :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Wakey 30-20 Leigh
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

So I make that 15 straight wins against the pussycats, though sums isn’t my best subject.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:50 pm So I make that 15 straight wins against the pussycats, though sums isn’t my best subject.
You are funny :lol: Pussycats indeed....

Good game I thought but two nasty injuries, one from each team. Didnt see the Cas one, only the player on crutches, but the Wakey one was a stretcher case. Doesn't look good
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:52 am You are funny :lol: Pussycats indeed....

Good game I thought but two nasty injuries, one from each team. Didnt see the Cas one, only the player on crutches, but the Wakey one was a stretcher case. Doesn't look good
Not nice to see at all - O’Brien’s left knee hyperextended when he landed after pressure by Battye from a kick. There was no malice at all and a pure accident. Not sure on his prognosis.
I have read that Tupou is out for the season with patella tendon tear.
Lousy luck, again from a simple non- contact stretch. It was obviously a bad one when the medics gave him gas and air straight away.
I thought the game was a typical derby with lots of effort but short on quality. The differences for me were Peanut Matautia’s running and , it pains me to say it, Wakey’s poor luck with the bounce of the ball.
Were you at the game?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:01 am Not nice to see at all - O’Brien’s left knee hyperextended when he landed after pressure by Battye from a kick. There was no malice at all and a pure accident. Not sure on his prognosis.
I have read that Tupou is out for the season with patella tendon tear.
Lousy luck, again from a simple non- contact stretch. It was obviously a bad one when the medics gave him gas and air straight away.
I thought the game was a typical derby with lots of effort but short on quality. The differences for me were Peanut Matautia’s running and , it pains me to say it, Wakey’s poor luck with the bounce of the ball.
Were you at the game?
Reports are that OBrien could be out of the Cup Final in a months time.
Tupou is a big loss for Wakey

I watched the game on Sky. I live in Suffolk now OB but visit Wakey every 4/5 weeks to visit my 90 year old folks. I've been to a few games over the years and can walk to Belle View from Mum and Dads but it's a bit more difficult now as when we visit we travel with a boisterous Basset Hound and we can't really leave him with my folks now for a few hours.

Work is supposed to start in September on new stands at Belle View (it certainly needs it) but this has been going on for years :roll:
As one Wakey fan was quoted as saying "I'll only believe it when my lardy a**e is sat on one of them new seats " :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

What I also meant to say was, the Cas supporters clapped Tupou when he was carried off on a stretcher which is always nice to see
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

I think the new cas stadium will be built in the decade after yours, after all we only had the plans approved in 2014…
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:33 pm I think the new cas stadium will be built in the decade after yours, after all we only had the plans approved in 2014…

The Wakey saga has been going on and on for years as well. At one time it was planned to move miles away, the other side of Wakefield, nearer to Leeds to be honest. I just don't get why (as in your case as well) things take so long in Rugby league. Anyway, we shall see
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Low scoring game last night :o

St Helens 2-6 Warrington
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:52 pm Low scoring game last night :o

St Helens 2-6 Warrington
Wow that would have been a bit of a boring match
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Interesting results last night

Wakey 14 - 6 Wigan :)

Castleford 6 - Catalans 16 (saying nowt :shhh: )
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:40 pm Interesting results last night

Wakey 14 - 6 Wigan :)

Castleford 6 - Catalans 16 (saying nowt :shhh: )
Probably for the best. Cas forums claiming 5 of Catalans 3 tries shouldn’t have been allowed. Told you before sums isn’t my best subject.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:48 pm Probably for the best. Cas forums claiming 5 of Catalans 3 tries shouldn’t have been allowed. Told you before sums isn’t my best subject.
Ha ha.....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Great result for Leeds, beating Salford 12 - 38 Leeds
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Fantastic results over this weekend for the Yorkshire Superleague clubs ;-) :)