So...what does your other half think of LUFC?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mountain
Youth Team
Youth Team

So...what does your other half think of LUFC?

Post by Mountain »

Does he or she know or care...or are they as fanatical as you? Or do they support another club entirely, better still...a rival!

I'm not sure my wife ever heard of Leeds United before we started going out back in 1991. But she's travelled over with me a few times, liked going out in Leeds, liked the few days around Yorkshire, and will actually ask how are results going now and again. She's also bought me a few LUFC related presents, gear, books etc.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Re: So...what does your other half think of LUFC?

Post by faaip »

Can't stand football ....
Honey dipped flim flam
SaraM
Manager
Manager

Post by SaraM »

Not really interested in football, but watches the occasional game with me, and has become intrigued by the character of Marcelo (because I go on about him a lot). Jazz player, so I've tried to present the current approach as jazz football.
One of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Mountain wrote:

Does he or she know or care...or are they as fanatical as you? Or do they support another club entirely, better still...a rival!

I'm not sure my wife ever heard of Leeds United before we started going out back in 1991. But she's travelled over with me a few times, liked going out in Leeds, liked the few days around Yorkshire, and will actually ask how are results going now and again. She's also bought me a few LUFC related presents, gear, books etc
Debbie is a an Anglophile - she loved living in England between '84 and '96 and is pleased we're coming back over within a year.
She's not actually a fan of Leeds but she likes them because I do. She loves Yorkshire, the people, the Pennines and the NY Moors, the accessibility to the seaside and train travel. She loves the bacon sandwiches from Huddersfield station buffet, with real British bacon and HP sauce.

She's also bought me a few LUFC-related items over the years.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Carol is a Pad Brat, her Mum and Dad were both in the Army she’s technically a southerner and wasn’t into football when we met. She latched onto Leeds when we’d come back to Leeds and gone to a few games. She’s not a massive football fan, even states she’s a football widow but she does watch when they are on tv which as I’ve recently got IPTV that means every match :lol:

She hasn’t been to a game for about 15 years as we use to take the boys but they can take themselves now but she’s definitely still Leeds
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Byebyegeegee
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Jax is not into football, actually she’s not into any sport whatsoever which is so different from me. I play golf and tennis and can watch just about any type of sport; snooker, darts, athletics, rugby (both codes), cricket (especially cricket), you name it, much to her mystification.

Having said that I wouldn’t watch American football, where there seems to be 2 seconds worth of action for every 5 minutes of messing about, or basketball which is just plain silly.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jill apparently thought she would never marry a northerner or a football fan

Something went totally wrong there :lol:

Jill is definitely is not a football fan although she watches Final Score to keep abreast of the Leeds score on my home & away days following Leeds, on my return home she promptly spouts out the other scores I maybe interested in too :duno:
Mrs64
Manager
Manager

Post by Mrs64 »

You all know Leon is a fanatical Leeds fan & loves so many other sports as well.

I was dragged to a football a Leeds match by Leon & friends of ours in the late 90's, NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

Give me Formula One any day.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:20 am Carol is a Pad Brat, her Mum and Dad were both in the Army she’s technically a southerner and wasn’t into football when we met. She latched onto Leeds when we’d come back to Leeds and gone to a few games. She’s not a massive football fan, even states she’s a football widow but she does watch when they are on tv which as I’ve recently got IPTV that means every match :lol:

She hasn’t been to a game for about 15 years as we use to take the boys but they can take themselves now but she’s definitely still Leeds
Good isn't it :-D
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

1964white wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:23 am Good isn't it :-D
Brilliant when the Broadband isn't running slow :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

Mrs Chilli has zero interest in Leeds, any football or any other sport for that matter.
Tbh I'm not sure I'd like a wife who was a Leeds fan. It's my thing and I like to keep it like that.
Bit of an old fashioned view I suppose.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:42 am Brilliant when the Broadband isn't running slow :lol:
If you are with BT, Google BT Broadband Wholesale Speedtest & click onto test on a regular basis which should resolve your problems Rat. Other broadband services should have speedtest options too.
whiteroseboy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by whiteroseboy »

Not interested in football so if its a day match will potter in the garden (loves gardening) night match usually reads a book or catches up on her fav TV (the ones I don't like)
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

She's not interested in football.

Well, she supports Newcastle so thats the same thing right?
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:14 am She's not interested in football.

Well, she supports Newcastle so thats the same thing right?
:lol: :lol:
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

1964white wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:43 am If you are with BT, Google BT Broadband Wholesale Speedtest & click onto test on a regular basis which should resolve your problems Rat. Other broadband services should have speedtest options too.
Thanks Leon I'll give it a go :tup:
hector

Post by hector »

Ere ratty... what mob were the outlaws in??
Hissing Sid is innocent!!!
billysboots
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by billysboots »

If I’m watching at home my better half will watch tv in the kitchen.
Having said that, she has traveled over to Leeds for matches many times and loves the city and the people.
She even saw a game in League 1 and would also go to the pub to watch if I promised a few glasses of wine. 🍷 ⚽️
There Is Only One United.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Ann is a fan cos I am ! She actually knows quite a bit about footy which is strange as she hails from Grimsby ! She used to go to their home games in her teens and then I rescued her in her 20s and brought her to Yorkshire.... :)
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

She grew up in Nuneaton and her Uncle used to take her to Coventry City games back in the day. Also it helps that she likes sports in general.

When we met in the early 90’s she was living in Cardiff and I was in Welwyn Garden City. On her second trip across to Herts in the summer of ‘92 (knowing how to show a girl a good time) I managed to get two tickets, so took her to the Leeds v Liverpool Charity Shield game at Wembley.

Since then she’s been to a good few games with me. Last time we both went up to ER being the Bristol City game, just before lockdown kicked in last season.