So...what does your other half think of LUFC?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: So...what does your other half think of LUFC?

Post by hector »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:43 am She grew up in Nuneaton and her Uncle used to take her to Coventry City games back in the day. Also it helps that she likes sports in general.

When we met in the early 90’s she was living in Cardiff and I was in Welwyn Garden City. On her second trip across to Herts in the summer of ‘92 (knowing how to show a girl a good time) I managed to get two tickets, so took her to the Leeds v Liverpool Charity Shield game at Wembley.

Since then she’s been to a good few games with me. Last time we both went up to ER being the Bristol City game, just before lockdown kicked in last season.
My parents have lived in Nuneaton since the 80's... one of my weddings and 2 of my divorces were in Nuneaton :) :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:06 am Ann is a fan cos I am ! She actually knows quite a bit about footy which is strange as she hails from Grimsby ! She used to go to their home games in her teens and then I rescued her in her 20s and brought her to Yorkshire.... :)
Jill often surprises me with her knowledge of football even though insisting she is not a football fan.

She claims to have been brainwashed :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteroseboy wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:56 am Not interested in football so if its a day match will potter in the garden (loves gardening) night match usually reads a book or catches up on her fav TV (the ones I don't like)
So similar :tup:

You are not married to my Jill are you?
TatleyK
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by TatleyK »

My wife used to go to numerous games with me right up until we moved to North Yorkshire. Funnily enough , since then ( about 8 years) I now have a season ticket and she’s been about twice 🙁
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Julie can't stand football. Throw a few horses on the pitch and she would be interested. It didn't help the only time she went with me to a football match a fellow Leeds fan crashed into us on the way home. :) Although out of the 3 of us in the car she was the only one to suffer whiplash, so she ended up smiling in the end.
Metro1962
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Metro1962 »

She's not interested in football at all so she supports Ipswich and Swansea. :lol:
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

My wife doesn’t care for Leeds (Liverpool fan).
She didn’t mind them until the CL semi-final v Valencia.
All four teams had to apply for tickets for the final at the San Siro.
I told her I probably wouldn’t apply as my sister probably wouldn’t be able to go to the final.
However, my sister told me she would be going, so we applied straight away.
Because I’d changed my mind but didn’t tell my wife beforehand, she got really pissed off and put a spell on Leeds rather than me (she is a white witch, into Wicca and all that - honestly)

As we all know, everything went wrong for years - she stopped bothering once we were in League Two.

This story is 100% true.
Many people have asked why I’m still with her 😬
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Finnatic wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:25 pm My wife doesn’t care for Leeds (Liverpool fan).
She didn’t mind them until the CL semi-final v Valencia.
All four teams had to apply for tickets for the final at the San Siro.
I told her I probably wouldn’t apply as my sister probably wouldn’t be able to go to the final.
However, my sister told me she would be going, so we applied straight away.
Because I’d changed my mind but didn’t tell my wife beforehand, she got really pissed off and put a spell on Leeds rather than me (she is a white witch, into Wicca and all that - honestly)

As we all know, everything went wrong for years - she stopped bothering once we were in League Two.

This story is 100% true.
Many people have asked why I’m still with her 😬
:lol: Funny that.

Its obvious why you are still with her. Under her spell. :tup:
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Leeds1000 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:53 pm :lol: Funny that.

Its obvious why you are still with her. Under her spell. :tup:
Fear of what happened to Leeds is more likely the reason 😉😁
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

My missus hates sport, but came across to Leeds with the family one weekend when the kids were younger and watched the Mighty Whites beat MK Dons 4-1in League 1. She went totally nuts throughout the entire game, screaming her head off - I was sitting beside her wondering who the wild Leeds harpy was. She buys me Leeds shirts and encourages me to get over as often as I can now, so I can't complain. :)
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

On this subject I’m a very lucky guy since Mrs B was brought up in a LU household and just loves Bielsaball. She’s actually enjoying lockdown since all the games are on the telly. She especially loves watching what she calls the ‘bobblehead’ hairstyle players; she gets frustrated and excited in equal measure with Paddy Bamford and shouts at the telly when we get a free kick in the opposition half but insist on passing back to the goalie .
Her most annoying attribute is insisting on singing the full version of “little Billy Bremner is the leader of the crew” whilst dancing in front of the screen with a half empty G&T glass and the sum total of her tactical advice is “KICK IT”.
Mrs B is a class act, no doubt about it, but she’s a keeper.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:54 am On this subject I’m a very lucky guy since Mrs B was brought up in a LU household and just loves Bielsaball. She’s actually enjoying lockdown since all the games are on the telly. She especially loves watching what she calls the ‘bobblehead’ hairstyle players; she gets frustrated and excited in equal measure with Paddy Bamford and shouts at the telly when we get a free kick in the opposition half but insist on passing back to the goalie .
Her most annoying attribute is insisting on singing the full version of “little Billy Bremner is the leader of the crew” whilst dancing in front of the screen with a half empty G&T glass and the sum total of her tactical advice is “KICK IT”.
Mrs B is a class act, no doubt about it, but she’s a keeper.
:lol: :tup:
bremnerboy28
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by bremnerboy28 »

Well Julie's a season ticket holder she loves Leeds after years of brainwashing, sits moaning at me swearing all game and the guy's bad breath at side of her.....oh and Alioski ! Won't drive on matchday though so I can have more than the two obligatory pints !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

bremnerboy28 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:44 pm Well Julie's a season ticket holder she loves Leeds after years of brainwashing, sits moaning at me swearing all game and the guy's bad breath at side of her.....oh and Alioski ! Won't drive on matchday though so I can have more than the two obligatory pints !
:lol: :lol: :lol: