Manchester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Costa in for the ineligible Harrison

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
OlympiqueMarseille
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Manchester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Costa in for the ineligible Harrison

Post by OlympiqueMarseille »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:50 pm Speak for yourself. Welcome to the forum but please speak English!

Just been trawling Facebook and discovered the VAR guy today was the same one for us last week against Sheff U. He saw no probs with the challenge by Baldock on Roberts but obviously saw something in the Coops one!! Double standards or what!! :bear:
Ok for speaking english. We have the same problems with the VAR in France. Paris has always benefits.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Manchester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Costa in for the ineligible Harrison

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:24 pm
MB smiling and laughing in interviews
Great to see Marcelo smiling/grinning :)
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

First time I’ve heard him laugh before,
What an honest man.
There Is Only One United.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Velotrax wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:02 pm Agreed mate, he's a tryer, but a bit like Cooper, the class is not there
Cooper's challenge was your typical lower league blood and thunder challenge. He'll keep getting sent off in the PL with VAR around as he'll never lose that mentality. No doubt he waltzes straight back in again after his ban.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

OlympiqueMarseille wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:55 pm Ok for speaking english. We have the same problems with the VAR in France. Paris has always benefits.
I wasn't being rude re speaking English! Nice to have you aboard and VAR I am at a loss to know what to think... :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

That was our first 90 mins winner in the PL since Derby in 1999, when Kewell dived for the penalty. That's an insane stat.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

How can anyone not love this man for his humility and honesty? City deserved to win. What a class act
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Thought we deservedly the win in effort alone. Red, sorry folks had to go for that one, dim challenge having just gone in front.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

How endearing is that, when he laughs and look sup and his glasses are all wonky? Don't ever leave Leeds you beautiful genius!
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

So I only just got finished watching the game delayed due to the 4:30am kick off (too early for me), and then not being able to find the link for the replay on PeacockTV (NBC's aberration of a system). Was almost like they were trying to hide the game because Man City got beat.

What an incredible win and no amount of superlatives can describe that team effort today. Everyone grafted.

Special mention to how disgusting that referee and VAR performance was. I'm sure there's a ref thread I haven't seen yet so I'll keep my comments for there.

I reckon we can spank Scum at Elland Road, and definitely get something out of the game with Liverpool and Spurs. If we get another 4-6 points, then our run in should yield a few points too and we could be well in the 50s.
RebelWhite
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by RebelWhite »

Only just got my breath back . Made a complete tool of myself in the garden again after Dallas winner . Starting to enjoy the season more and more . Sometimes you don't get what you deserve and sometimes , maybe today ... ? Three wins in a row as well . MOT
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Peter in Blackpool » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:26 am
dunno if anyone has noticed, but if fulham lose tonight and we beat city tomorrow, we are officially safe from relegation
Not quite Peter - if West Brom got an extremely unlikely 8 wins with a massive increase in GD and we lost all our games after Citeh it could still technically be done. I don't think that is likely in the slightest, but it COULD be done.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

So impressed with that performance today. Who said we only knew one way? Who said we couldn't defend? For the first time ever we've had all our back unit available. And then with 10 men we still defended better than a Mourinho team. And even then, we were still completely dangerous on the break, which is what won us the game.

Huge shout out to our defence plus KP, plus Raph and Costa filling the overloads at full back. Big shout out to Dallas for constantly evolving into a top premier league central midfielder.

Never a red. Said it already, If you take the ball clean, it can't be a red. I know its the norm now, but that's gotta change.

We're 9th now. We beat the runaway leaders at their ground. We're on top of the world. We're where we belong. Love it.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Ron Swanson

The greatest PM this country has ever had.
Agreed Ron
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

RebelWhite wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:08 pm Only just got my breath back . Made a complete tool of myself in the garden again after Dallas winner Starting to enjoy the season more and more . Sometimes you don't get what you deserve and sometimes , maybe today ... ? Three wins in a row as well . MOT
You were entitled to :lol:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Interesting statistics Manchester City had 56 attempts on goal during the last two games against Leeds and only scored one goal.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Interesting to see Shack came on rather than Klich at the end. Is he above him in the pecking order now? I hope so, he deserves a chance and Klich's had more than enough now.
Metro1962
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Metro1962 »

Amazing match :lol:

Dallas what a player with two great goals. :-D

Had to pick Dallas as MotM because of his work effort as he always does,Wanted to pick the WHOLE team but no option for that.:-(

Cooper was a liability in that match not only for that tackle but the shirt pulling in our penalty area,Reminded me of the Derby County play off.

The whole match took me back when we took the title off Manure when we played Sheffield Utd and that own goal

To say I am happy is an understandment. :thumbup: only after the red card I thought we would lose .................had we had 11 men I had the feeling we would have won that match thus my prediction of 2-3 to Leeds.
Last edited by Metro1962 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Leeds Live reporting Bielsa was visibly furious with Roberts on numerous occasions because of his lack of effort off the ball and in closing down the City players.

For a bloke playing for his future you would have thought effort would have been a bare minimum?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:22 am Leeds Live reporting Bielsa was visibly furious with Roberts on numerous occasions because of his lack of effort off the ball and in closing down the City players.

For a bloke playing for his future you would have thought effort would have been a bare minimum?
I thought the same tbh. No urgency or effort with his pressing. Really hope we don't give him £60k a week, would be a joke and a huge mistake.