Manchester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Costa in for the ineligible Harrison

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Re: Manchester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Costa in for the ineligible Harrison

Post by Finnatic »

Been checking some social media reaction to the game, loads saying Leeds only had two shots on target - City only had seven on target and only two of those were particularly dangerous (the goal and the diving full length save)
The other shots were routine saves IMO
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Manchester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Costa in for the ineligible Harrison

Post by Carrick Dave »

:lol: :lol: Leeds only needed two on target.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Class
Attachments
Screenshot_13.jpg
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

How good was Ayling when Foden came on? hardly gave him a kick
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:50 pm How good was Ayling when Foden came on? hardly gave him a kick
:tup: :tup: :tup:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

What a brilliant gritty performance from us.

It shows MB has learned, especially from that Scum humbling, which for me was the low point of the season.

We were much more pragmatic, and with our best defenders available, we defended with full focus and determination.

We always carried an attacking threat, just earlier on we just tried some worldwide killer passes that didn't come off.

I actually believe that without the injustice of Cooper's dismissal we would have beat these lot comfortably. Shitty have a more disjointed camp than us and I'm not sure MB would accept their big deal attitudes and cheating at all.

That was an amazingly gutsy performance and well deserved win. It shows that MB has much more than a gung ho approach in his arsenal, despite the verbal diarrhea spouted by the halfwit so called experts.

I believe we are on the verge of really great times and this victory was the first flag in the ground to announce our arrival and capability.

Well done Radz, Kinnear, Orta, Bielsa, all staff and players you have made me burst with pride and expectation.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:50 pm How good was Ayling when Foden came on? hardly gave him a kick
They all played brilliantly, except for one player who should never be anywhere near the squad...Tyler
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

Wow, just Wow.

thats how to play the top sides....forget this headless chicken gung ho style that has seen us thrashed a few times this season.

Lets put this game into perspective

We are the only pl team that city have failed to beat all season, and we are only 1 of 2 teams to take 4 points from them.

Oh and did I mention, we are now officially safe from relegation.

When Wilko took us up we finished 4th in season one, before winning the league the following year

The history book on the shelf
is always repeating itself
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Velotrax wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:54 pm They all played brilliantly, except for one player who should never be anywhere near the squad...Tyler
Lad tries hard, but I'm just not sure he's up to it.

But he did play a lovely killer pass that Paddy fucked up.

I'll defer to Bielsas wisdom. If he sees something then there must be something worth pursuing.

Let's be honest, we've got the best coach in the world, with possibly the best footballing brain. We're really privileged to have Marcelo.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Some achievement especially with 10 men for most of the game.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

White Riot wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:59 pm Lad tries hard, but I'm just not sure he's up to it.

But he did play a lovely killer pass that Paddy fucked up.

I'll defer to Bielsas wisdom. If he sees something then there must be something worth pursuing.

Let's be honest, we've got the best coach in the world, with possibly the best footballing brain. We're really privileged to have Marcelo.
Agreed mate, he's a tryer, but a bit like Cooper, the class is not there
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

He was immense 64, as they all were.

Struijk and Koch come on and slot in like they've played together for ten years.

It's truly amazing what we've done this season and especially today.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Their on side goal, no wonder it wasn't shown like our decisions are
Attachments
Screenshot_16.jpg
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Velotrax wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:02 pm Agreed mate, he's a tryer, but a bit like Cooper, the class is not there
But isn't it refreshing when MB never shits on his players like Wilder or one of them classless idiots.

The progression of the squad will man that Cooper, Alioski, Tyro, etc will be phased out. But I still appreciate their efforts for getting us here and keeping us here.

They've helped to lay the foundations. True they have their limitations, but that's what makes the achievements of MB and this squad all the sweeter.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

As you can see I’m new to the forum and I like the banter that goes on here. Living in Scotland I usually watch the games in a pub so I do miss that side of things. However I’ve just spent a few minutes on the blue moon forum and I can tell you they aren’t happy. Apparently they need a new CF, midfield, CB and keeper. :| But what shocks me most is the language being used - now I’m no prude and know a couple of profanity words myself but their language is vile and unadulterated. For me it’s unacceptable in a forum. I can tell you if I were a citeh fan I wouldn’t use that forum.
Be proud of yourselves MOT users, and especially today be proud of those men in white ... erm, burgundy.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Velotrax wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:05 pm Their on side goal, no wonder it wasn't shown like our decisions are
What a shock Chris, these cheats make me :sick:
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Fantastic win for Leeds. 10 men against 13, 11 City players, the ref and VAR.

As bad a refereeing performance as I've seen for a very long time - shocking and so unfair. But well done the lads for sticking it to 'em. Proud as punch
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

White Riot wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:09 pm What a shock Chris, these cheats make me :sick:
What pi55es me off is they daren't show it, or they do after putting fake lines in with photoshop, time var was scrapped
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Velotrax wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:05 pm Their on side goal, no wonder it wasn't shown like our decisions are
It looked offside in real time.

Certainly close enough for those stupid lines but they never showed it.

Our USA watchers said it was checked they were told
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
OlympiqueMarseille
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by OlympiqueMarseille »

Very good match, congratulations !
I m a french guy who supports l'Olympique de Marseille but I love Leeds because of Cantona ant Mr Marcelo Bielsa.
Very happy for you, great match and beautifull team.
Scuse my english is bad.