Positives & Negatives v Citeh (one of each please)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Velotrax

Re: Positives & Negatives v Citeh (one of each please)

Post by Velotrax »

weasel wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:45 pm Positive the team performance and togetherness. Never easy getting a group of individuals to become such a tight knit team but this team/squad is so together.
Negative the assault by Fernandinho on Raphinha. Just no need for it and just hope Raphinha isn't injured.
Surely that has to be reviewed and a yellow card, or even a red issued

To Raphinha for throwing himself to the ground after minimal contact.....
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

+ Cooper being sent off since we then saw leeds play a defensive style of football that we have never seen before. It was an eye-opener

- diabolical and cynical tackle on Raphinha

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

rab_rant wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:05 am + Cooper being sent off since we then saw leeds play a defensive style of football that we have never seen before. It was an eye-opener
At last a well coordinated plan b with a sting in it's tail.

+ a reorganisation after going a man down that worked so splendidly against a city resting their superstars for upcoming European fixtures.

- Coopers kung fu kick. Hi-yah!
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

hector wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:11 pm +ve a good win 10 against 12
-ve still no match commentary from Faaip
Surely that's a positive.

:bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:19 pm Positive: Really? Incredible defensive performance. Llorente and Phillips just brilliant.

Negative: Cooper. Played well, but his grab of the shirt should have cost us a penalty, and his very rash challenge left us a man down for the entire second half. Two brutal moments that spoiled an otherwise excellent performance.
Have to disagree there young man. Cooper got the ball, are you saying we are not allowed to challenge now? Funny, Sterling was allowed to STAMP on not only Raphinha but also Meslier, got away with both, no card whatsoever. If anyone should have been red carded and walking it should have been him. :bear:
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

becchio bear wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:54 pm Have to disagree there young man. Cooper got the ball, are you saying we are not allowed to challenge now? Funny, Sterling was allowed to STAMP on not only Raphinha but also Meslier, got away with both, no card whatsoever. If anyone should have been red carded and walking it should have been him. :bear:
My understanding of the rule is that, even if you get the ball, excessive force can be penalized. Studs to the knee will get you red carded these days pretty regularly.

The other things you cite are the reason why I also maintain the referee's performance yesterday was awful, and I agree entirely. The hit on Raphinha toward the end was worthy of a red, for instance, as Raphinha was in on goal alone had he not been clattered. No doubt that they got away with things that we couldn't have. But I still think the call on Cooper was the correct one. His challenge was rash and dangerous.

And I'm not a young man; I'm about to turn sixty-two. :)
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:21 pm My understanding of the rule is that, even if you get the ball, excessive force can be penalized. Studs to the knee will get you red carded these days pretty regularly.

The other things you cite are the reason why I also maintain the referee's performance yesterday was awful, and I agree entirely. The hit on Raphinha toward the end was worthy of a red, for instance, as Raphinha was in on goal alone had he not been clattered. No doubt that they got away with things that we couldn't have. But I still think the call on Cooper was the correct one. His challenge was rash and dangerous.

And I'm not a young man; I'm about to turn sixty-two. :)
I was talking about the stamp by Sterling on Raphinha not the challenge towards the end. There were no studs to the knee..... there was no excessive force, Cooper got the ball, end of. A yellow card at best. It is worrying that referees can produce cards like confetti to our players which will cause problems towards the end of a season whilst blatantly ignoring dreadful challenges on our players by other teams.

Ok, perhaps not a young man but not much older than me ;-) :bear:
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

becchio bear wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:27 pm I was talking about the stamp by Sterling on Raphinha not the challenge towards the end. There were no studs to the knee..... there was no excessive force, Cooper got the ball, end of. A yellow card at best. It is worrying that referees can produce cards like confetti to our players which will cause problems towards the end of a season whilst blatantly ignoring dreadful challenges on our players by other teams.

Ok, perhaps not a young man but not much older than me ;-) :bear:
I will agree to this extent: Had Cooper been on the receiving end of that tackle the referee would never even have gone to VAR. The yellow would have been the end of it.

That's what is truly appalling.